dcsimg

Woodworking Projects. V 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks for all the kind words. I learned a lot in the building and, yes, the Mrs is very pleased lol.

@wbembrid
    very nice work on the lamp. I saw that article in FWW and am tempted to do it myself.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Thanks for all the kind words. I learned a lot in the building and, yes, the Mrs is very pleased lol.

@wbembrid very nice work on the lamp. I saw that article in FWW and am tempted to do it myself.

It is always nice when you can learn something when doing a project.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The blanket box is now officially finished.

Peter it really came out very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

Ok guys and gals, I need your critiques. I finally got around to a full size mock up of my dining chairs. No glue, just domino’s. The contoured seat was stained previously.

Regarding the back. I cut the tree out of BB plywood just see how it would come out. If I decide to use that pattern, I would make it out of PO Cedar or ipe. What do you think? Or should I go back to a more traditional slatted chair back.

I still need to play around a little on the design, but what do you guys think?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wow ,, looks very nice to me. That CNC machine is really paying off.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Ok guys and gals, I need your critiques. I finally got around to a full size mock up of my dining chairs. No glue, just domino’s. The contoured seat was stained previously.

Regarding the back. I cut the tree out of BB plywood just see how it would come out. If I decide to use that pattern, I would make it out of PO Cedar or ipe. What do you think? Or should I go back to a more traditional slatted chair back.

Were you able to sit on it?
    Is the backrest comfortable enough?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I like the looks of the back. Just wondering if will comfortable enough. I find the legs to bulky.

Greg

redwood
    Pro

I like the looks of the back. Just wondering if will comfortable enough. I find the legs to bulky.

I sat down on it, but I was a little afraid to lean back because of no glue yet.

The legs are only 1 1/2″ x 2 1/4″. I’m not sure if I would make them smaller.

I’m really wondering what you think of using ipe (rich brown contrast), or the Port Orford Cedar used everywhere else. I’ve used Ipe in the table top.

By the way, I don’t know if you can see the carving in top rail of the back, but it is the same as the table top, shrunk down. It will stand out a lot more when I stain it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:

GTokley wrote:

I sat down on it, but I was a little afraid to lean back because of no glue yet.

Yeah I can understand. I do really like the back. It is something different.

The legs are only 1 1/2″ x 2 1/4″. I’m not sure if I would make them smaller.

Our these chairs for outside?
    I like your design. The legs do look bulky. That might change when they are finished.

I’m really wondering what you think of using ipe (rich brown contrast), or the Port Orford Cedar used everywhere else. I’ve used Ipe in the table top.

Yes Ipe might be the way to go.

By the way, I don’t know if you can see the carving in top rail of the back, but it is the same as the table top, shrunk down. It will stand out a lot more when I stain it.

Yes I did see. Just couldn’t make out what it was.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mark I really like the dining room chair design. Very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Ok guys and gals, I need your critiques.

Provided the back rest is comfortable, it looks fine Mark. In fact, I really like the tree pattern you used.

For which part(s) are you considering the Ipe? The whole frame less the seat and patterned backrest?

Didn’t see it til you mentioned it. Nice touch, keep it!

Can you CNC an edge pattern on the vertical sides of the seat also maybe?

I know some CNC machines can outboard over on end of their plattens, is your Axiom able to do that?

Wow , that’s beautiful
    Nice job
    I like the tree
    But personally I’d prefer the typical back , but that’s just me
    That’s definitely nice details of the tree back , it’s probably even more comfortable to lean back on
    I like the design and size of the legs.
    What sort of finishing are you going to be putting on them.

@GTokley
    I think this thread will be breaking shortly Greg.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’m liking the tree. I do think ether wood will look good. But kinda like the thought of contrasting woods. And it will tie in with the table that way.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@chadm could you close this thread. New one has been made. Thanks

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Old Thread Warning

I just finished making this Ploy Box for our niece. My wife asked me if I could make one. As our niece wants get into doing fitness stuff. I thought it would be easy enough to make. I didn’t plan on my planer being a real pita.

Now my girls have put in a request for another one.

I was asking my niece yesterday how the Ploy Box I made her is holding up. She said she loves it and it holding good. She thanked me again for making for her. I am happy she loves. It was a frustrating experience making it.This is when I was having issues with lunch box planer.

Greg

redwood
    Pro

I can’t remember if I posted the finished chair, I made. If not, here it is.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

It looks good. I like it!
    What finish? Shellac?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I don’t recall seeing the finished chair; it really turned out well. I like the contrasting colour in the backsplat and the overall look. Is that going to be a set, @redwood ?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Nice chair Mark. I like what you did – especially the CNC work on the top of back. Sturdy for sure. Did you use the Domino for your joinery?

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘Woodworking Projects. V 2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.638 seconds