dcsimg

Woodworking Projects. V 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Drawers finished! Glued up, bottoms fitted and in place and final fitting done.

Now for the lid.

Beautiful! A lot of dove tails in that piece, well done.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I need to do some playing with that. Maybe try orange shellac or a water based dye. It will need something to bring out the figure. This is curly soft maple which I have never used before. The 3 drawer fronts are taken from 1 piece about 9″ wide so the figure is matched.

Check out a gel stain also. Whatever your choice, that figure will really jump out at you. It is looking good.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Drawers finished! Glued up, bottoms fitted and in place and final fitting done.

Now for the lid.

Beautiful! A lot of dove tails in that piece, well done.

Thanks, Jim, it’s been a long time getting this far.

I need to do some playing with that. Maybe try orange shellac or a water based dye. It will need something to bring out the figure. This is curly soft maple which I have never used before. The 3 drawer fronts are taken from 1 piece about 9″ wide so the figure is matched.

Check out a gel stain also. Whatever your choice, that figure will really jump out at you. It is looking good.

I had forgotten about gel stains. I will give tat a try as well. I have some offcuts to use for trial finishes.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Perfect Carcase Assembly

With any carcase assembly, it can be tricky to put it together so it’s square when the glue dries. Master woodworker George Vondriska demonstrates a neat shop tip to guarantee even your most complicated carcase assembly is perfectly square.

https://www.wwgoa.com/video/perfect-carcase-assembly-000302/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=A6134&vsoid=A6134

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

It’s not glue up time yet. Still some tweaking to do on the joinery. Still, with only the 2 clamps holding it together, it’s solid as a rock. It doesn’t rock on the floor either, so that means the legs are all the same length too.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

It’s not glue up time yet. Still some tweaking to do on the joinery. Still, with only the 2 clamps holding it together, it’s solid as a rock. It doesn’t rock on the floor either, so that means the legs are all the same length too.

That’s excellent- you should feel really good about that!

Charlie

Instagram

Great work there on the joinery JimDadddyO. That bench will serve you well.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Looks really solid Jim ! Nice

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Still, with only the 2 clamps holding it together, it’s solid as a rock.

Very nice work Jim. That looks like one heck of a bench.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Very impressive, Jim, the dovetails on the long stretchers is a great idea. Good, solid joints.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

the dovetails on the long stretchers is a great idea

I am sure the traditionalists will have something to say about it, but I didn’t build it for them, I am building it for me. I figure there is as much meat on the joint as a tenon would be. That, and maybe sometimes I just like upsetting people…lol.

Thanks for all the comments folks.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Bench looks really good Jim!

the dovetails on the long stretchers is a great idea

I am sure the traditionalists will have something to say about it, but I didn’t build it for them, I am building it for me. I figure there is as much meat on the joint as a tenon would be. That, and maybe sometimes I just like upsetting people…lol.

Thanks for all the comments folks.

It never hurts to do things different.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The blanket box is now officially finished. I added the hinges and drawer pulls today and gave it the final coat of finish and wax. I lost count but there are at least 5 coats of shellac on it and 2 coats of wax.

It feels so nice to finish a project. Congrats on a job well done. The curly figure is right up front. What does the Mrs. think of it?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The blanket box is now officially finished. I added the hinges and drawer pulls today and gave it the final coat of finish and wax. I lost count but there are at least 5 coats of shellac on it and 2 coats of wax.

Looks very nice Peter! Nice job.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

It looks so good!

Also, I love your new tag line 🙂 I had a little chuckle over that.

Charlie

Instagram

I finsihed the swing arm lamp after I got a belt on my lathe.

Will

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Were you making part of that on your lathe, or was that just the order the projects fell for you?

Either way, that’s a neat lamp 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

While I like the lamp’s design that blue electric wire scratched my retina.
    But, as usual, it’s a matter of each one’s taste. De gustibus…

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Very nice @smallerstick ! That will be around for many generations.

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘Woodworking Projects. V 2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.107 seconds