dcsimg

Woodworking Projects. V 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Your right Dirty hockey is a big deal up hear.

That’s right Just like surfing is a big deal here

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:

Yeah you can say that again.👍

My daughter gave up figure skating to play hockey. It was all her decision. This year she will be playing in all girls hockey league. She got all new hockey equipment last night.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

GTokley wrote:

Yeah you can say that again.👍

My daughter gave up figure skating to play hockey. It was all her decision. This year she will be playing in all girls hockey league. She got all new hockey equipment last night.

Your choice of a rack for the hockey stuff looks like the right one. Nothing worse than hockey equipment left in the bag for a few days. By the look on her face, she made the right choice, too. Girls hockey is a big deal now.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

redwood
    Pro

Ok, my experience with hockey. I grew up in So. Calif., so my game, like Dirty, was surfing. I hardly knew hockey existed and I was a sports fanatic.

Fast forward to about 9 years ago. My oldest son was a very good baseball player, he was starting his Jr. year on scholarship at a D1 college. He really liked ice hockey and his roommate was on a club team. Well he decided to take a PE course on ice hockey. A little history, twice as a youth he broke bones skiing and snowboarding. His experiences with cold weather sports was not good. Well within 2 weeks, he severely broke his leg (external rods etc.) and tore his ankle in the PE class. His baseball career was over. So despite my having good friends that love hockey. I could never find a place for it.

But don’t let that distract anyone else from enjoying it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Finally back to the cherry vanity build. Dry fit is complete for the door frames, today the panels will be done and maybe glue up on the doors.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Ok, my experience with hockey. I grew up in So. Calif., so my game, like Dirty, was surfing. I hardly knew hockey existed and I was a sports fanatic.

Fast forward to about 9 years ago. My oldest son was a very good baseball player, he was starting his Jr. year on scholarship at a D1 college. He really liked ice hockey and his roommate was on a club team. Well he decided to take a PE course on ice hockey. A little history, twice as a youth he broke bones skiing and snowboarding. His experiences with cold weather sports was not good. Well within 2 weeks, he severely broke his leg (external rods etc.) and tore his ankle in the PE class. His baseball career was over. So despite my having good friends that love hockey. I could never find a place for it.

But don’t let that distract anyone else from enjoying it.

I can see the reason of no love for hockey Mark. That was an expensive course. I never got into it myself.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Update on the cherry vanity build. I got the doors to the dry fit stage today. I did the raised panels on the TS. Score the boards 1/8″ deep, 1 1/2″ from the edge all around. Set the TS at 15º and blade 1/4″ from the inside edge of the panel. That will put the cut right at the base of the score. I used 2 passes, the first 1″ deep and the final full depth. This works with 3/4″ stock.

Final cleanup with the skew plane where necessary. I fit the panels to the frame by beveling the backs slightly to allow some movement.

I found a buried nail in one of the panels. Luckily the plane didn’t find it first! It was visible from the back of the stock but didn’t go all the way through. Cutting the bevel exposed the other end of it.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Update on the cherry vanity build. I got the doors to the dry fit stage today. I did the raised panels on the TS. Score the boards 1/8″ deep, 1 1/2″ from the edge all around. Set the TS at 15º and blade 1/4″ from the inside edge of the panel. That will put the cut right at the base of the score. I used 2 passes, the first 1″ deep and the final full depth. This works with 3/4″ stock.

Final cleanup with the skew plane where necessary. I fit the panels to the frame by beveling the backs slightly to allow some movement.

I found a buried nail in one of the panels. Luckily the plane didn’t find it first! It was visible from the back of the stock but didn’t go all the way through. Cutting the bevel exposed the other end of it.

That scoring sounds a little tricky to get just right, does it take a lot of figuring to get it to come out how you wanted it?

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Interesting process on doing the panels. This something I have never done before. Your lucky you never hit the nail with planer or saw blade.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That scoring sounds a little tricky to get just right, does it take a lot of figuring to get it to come out how you wanted it?

It is a little bit at first but once you have the calculation done on paper, it’s just a case of setting the saw up precisely to do the cuts. The Unifence is tall enough to support the work without an auxiliary fence which helps, too.

15º is the angle I chose so starting at 1/4″ from the inside face and drawing a line at 15º is easy on paper. Find out where it meets a 1/8″ deep score and that’s how far from the edge the score will be. The 2 points should meet if you set up right. The thickness of the panel stock is critical for it to work, too so milling must be done carefully. I did a test cut first just to be sure.

Your lucky you never hit the nail with planer or saw blade.

Actually I did hit it with both. Once with the planer and again with the saw blade. It did leave a little mark on the planer blades but the saw blade wasn’t harmed that I could see.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I found a buried nail in one of the panels.

Do you leave it in for Character?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Actually I did hit it with both. Once with the planer and again with the saw blade. It did leave a little mark on the planer blades but the saw blade wasn’t harmed that I could see

Oh wow you did. I guess you were lucky if it only put a mark on the planer blades & not the table saw blade.

I know if it was me I would.

I sure most people would even know it was there.

Greg

redwood
    Pro

Getting started on the Xmas toys for charity. First up are a couple of farm trucks. Cutting on the CNC are a couple of firetrucks. Before anyone asks me, no I did not come up with the plans, though I did have to modify them based on the plywood thickness. There is no glue or fasteners used. Everything fits into tight slots. I hope to make 16 total.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Getting started on the Xmas toys for charity. First up are a couple of farm trucks. Cutting on the CNC are a couple of firetrucks. Before anyone asks me, no I did not come up with the plans, though I did have to modify them based on the plywood thickness. There is no glue or fasteners used. Everything fits into tight slots. I hope to make 16 total.

Fun design! Do you give them to people assembled or let them do it?

Charlie

Instagram

redwood
    Pro

I’m assuming I will assemble them. The instructions for the farm truck was 24 pages. I think there were 34 pieces in the farm truck.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Doobie

Cool toys for kids to have. You don’t see that kinda stuff in stores much any longer. Good for you Mark!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I found a buried nail in one of the panels.

Damn! i didn’t but I should have. The hole is still there not filled yet.

Getting started on the Xmas toys for charity.

God project, Mark, the kids will love them.

redwood
    Pro

Cool toys for kids to have. You don’t see that kinda stuff in stores much any longer.

You got me thinking about that. Maybe there is a reason for that. They just aren’t cool enough anymore? Unfortunately, I’ll never know, because we don’t actually see who get’s them or even how they are distributed.

Here is the site that I got the patterns from. They have a ton of stuff, some much cooler. I just don’t know what I or my machine are capable of.
    http://www.makecnc.com/welcome.php

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just don’t know what I or my machine are capable of.

From that page it looks like you’ve just started to scratch the surface.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Those will make some great gifts for some kids. Nice work and a great idea.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘Woodworking Projects. V 2.0’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.561 seconds