dcsimg

Woodworking Projects. V 2.0

This topic contains 906 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 907 total)
  • Author

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m pretty happy with home all the joints turned out

They look nice and tight almost invisible. Nice work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Great clamping job there Charlie. I like the corner clamping jigs you made. As the pictures show, you can never have enough clamps.

That is a simple but effective clamping jig. Will have to copy them.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Here’s the final product with that poster frame I was working on. Got it all sanded and the poster remounted this morning. I’m pretty happy with home all the joints turned out 👍

The poster frame looks great. Just curious is there a finish on the wood?

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

@pi_woodworker I was thinking you were going to suggest sucking it up, ha ha!

I worked on a little project this morning – I have to remake a poster frame I made that developed a bunch of cracks once I sent it home with a friend. So this morning I cut all the wood and glued it together. Could have used that trick for the miters Lon 🙂

Those corner clamping jigs are just perfect for frames. Might have to make up a few. Great idea, Charlie.

It is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all traces of doubt.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks everyone. I have been so happy with the jigs – I think I need to make some for other angle joints I do a lot like for my triangle shelves.

@gtokley nope, raw sanded to 180.

And here’s this morning’s projects, speaking of 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Thanks everyone. I have been so happy with the jigs – I think I need to make some for other angle joints I do a lot like for my triangle shelves.

@gtokley nope, raw sanded to 180.

And here’s this morning’s projects, speaking of 🙂

Ok thanks. I didn’t think there was.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I went and made some more cauls for these triangle shelves now. It takes a ton of clamps to do these batches, but I like the finished product so much more than what I was getting with ratchet straps.

Charlie

Instagram

Clev08
    Pro

This cookbook holder still needs a finish on it, but here is my latest project. I forgot to grab a picture of it leaning upright, but I was really happy with how the wood pops with the stain.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

This cookbook holder still needs a finish on it, but here is my latest project. I forgot to grab a picture of it leaning upright, but I was really happy with how the wood pops with the stain.

Wow, the darker stain really works with oak, doesn’t it? I would like to see how it stands.

What did you use for the carving?

It is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all traces of doubt.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It looks really nice. The wood does have some nice grain.

Greg

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

love these old sawmills

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

My son picked up a mitersaw on CL. To give it a test run and check for acuracy he made this shelf for a friend.

Attachments:

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

My son picked up a mitersaw on CL. To give it a test run and check for acuracy he made this shelf for a friend.

I like it. And looks like the saw was accurate.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Looks accurate enough to me. Cool project.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I would say that saw is a keeper. Good work and a good find.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Had a little fun with my girls last night and glued up some finger jointed boxes I’ve had sitting around for a couple of years. I think they had a good time and it was their first time using wood glue and clamps.

Charlie

Instagram

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I like it. And looks like the saw was accurate.

Looks accurate enough to me. Cool project.

I would say that saw is a keeper. Good work and a good find.

It does look like it’s accurate and the price was right. He says the saw looks like it’s new

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Had a little fun with my girls last night and glued up some finger jointed boxes I’ve had sitting around for a couple of years. I think they had a good time and it was their first time using wood glue and clamps.

It’s almost fun every time you can get the young ones involved. I say almost because of a project my son “helped” with when he was about 4 yo. I can look back and laugh about it now, but wasn’t funny at the time. I removed a large window sill that was showing it’s age. Gave the finish a quick sanding to remove most of it, then a pass thruogh the jointer to give a fresh surface. Followed with more sanding/refinish and install. My son was at my side the entire time watching every step and helping when I let him. The next day when I was at work he decided the little project wasn’t finished so he got his little hammer from his hammer and peg kit and made absolutely sure I set all the finish nails. He put divits all around every nail pounding on that sill

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

It’s almost fun every time you can get the young ones involved. I say almost because of a project my son “helped” with when he was about 4 yo. I can look back and laugh about it now, but wasn’t funny at the time. I removed a large window sill that was showing it’s age. Gave the finish a quick sanding to remove most of it, then a pass thruogh the jointer to give a fresh surface. Followed with more sanding/refinish and install. My son was at my side the entire time watching every step and helping when I let him. The next day when I was at work he decided the little project wasn’t finished so he got his little hammer from his hammer and peg kit and made absolutely sure I set all the finish nails. He put divits all around every nail pounding on that sill

Haha – I was the same way as a kid! My dad didn’t teach me to use a hammer early enough for my taste, so, having watched him do it for years, I took some pieces of wood I found and some used nails and went to town. Only problem was the piece I used for a hammer turned out to be an heirloom decorative baseball bat signed by some famous players from back when my dad was a kid…

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Haha – I was the same way as a kid! My dad didn’t teach me to use a hammer early enough for my taste, so, having watched him do it for years, I took some pieces of wood I found and some used nails and went to town. Only problem was the piece I used for a hammer turned out to be an heirloom decorative baseball bat signed by some famous players from back when my dad was a kid…

Wow I sure your Dad was not too happy. Things do happen.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 907 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 3.588 seconds