dcsimg

Woodworking Projects.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I just finished a couple of end grain boards. I found with careful glueup in the final assembly, there was very little sanding to do. My 5″ ROS was all that was needed. There certainly wasn’t enough to warrant even the lightest pass on a planer.

Looking very nice. Nothing like hand crafted.

I just finished a couple of end grain boards. I found with careful glueup in the final assembly, there was very little sanding to do. My 5″ ROS was all that was needed. There certainly wasn’t enough to warrant even the lightest pass on a planer.

Gorgeous! Router 1/4 roundover?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Gorgeous! Router 1/4 roundover?

Yep, quick pass on the router table and good to go. Final hand sand and a coat or 2 of @JimDaddyO‘s beeswax and BLO. Finished in a day.

Thanks @roninohio

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

wow very nice Peter , what is the size of them , i like the pattern and they way you finished the edge .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

wow very nice Peter , what is the size of them , i like the pattern and they way you finished the edge .

Thanks, Brian, they’re 9 x 10 and 9 x 12

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Peter,
    They look great, nice work.
    Slice up some cheese and bread and play a game of chess. LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I needed something to hold Forstner bits to make them a little more accessible. I ha leftovers in the scrap bin that worked out very well. Construction is rough, but it does the job. One more piece for the French cleat system, too.

I keeping with the “using up the scraps” kick, my wife wanted a place to keep bracelets so I hobbled this rig together for her.

Clev08
    Pro

I needed something to hold Forstner bits to make them a little more accessible. I ha leftovers in the scrap bin that worked out very well. Construction is rough, but it does the job. One more piece for the French cleat system, too.

I keeping with the “using up the scraps” kick, my wife wanted a place to keep bracelets so I hobbled this rig together for her.

That is quite the set of forstner bits you have. The bit holder looks nice!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

great work on that forstner bit storage. french cleat system is a great solution for a shop.
    oh and I just saw the end grain boards. fabulous work. I need to get a planer 😀
    I wanna make some too

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Clev08
    Pro

Peter,
    They look great, nice work.
    Slice up some cheese and bread and play a game of chess. LOL

I was thinking the same thing, they look great, not you just need to make the chess pieces!

Doobie

Nice Peter. I would have made the lower part bit storage not stick out at an angle pending one day replacing them with something like the Bosch Forstner bits or similar.

I have those kinds of bits you have. They’re very forgiving if you rub up against them compared to high quality bits like I just received from Bosch/BTP. Those bits are like razor edges compared to those older gold coated ones I have of which I have a few that have never been been used from my original 16 piece set.

Nice little storage arrangement otherwise. 👍

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Peter,
    Nice use of scraps to keep the missus happy.

I like your storage unit for the Forstner bits, nice work.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Nice Peter. I would have made the lower part bit storage not stick out at an angle pending one day replacing them with something like the Bosch Forstner bits or similar.

Both trays rotate on 1/8″ steel pins to allow easier access. There is space for another tray in there as well. I just know there will be more bits.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Both trays rotate on 1/8″ steel pins to allow easier access. There is space for another tray in there as well. I just know there will be more bits.
    Thanks @58Chev @madman_us @Clev08 and @Doobie

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

really nice, i should do something similar to free up a drawer in my tool box and make everything visible at a glance.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I chalk board on both sides. There a spot for a craft paper. I did magnetic paint. It doesn’t seem to work that great. You get free plans online. Also check out the Wood Whisper for plans. If have anymore questions just ask.

Greg,
    That’s a great project – I’m betting well received by the kids. I made one a while back with chalkboard on one side – whiteboard on the other. Kids went though a number of rolls of paper in short order. 🙂

Stan

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The box I made for my daughter that gave me fits. Like I have mentioned, “keeping it simple” made it really hard. I fitted the inside panel at least 3 times unsuccessfully, the ink transfer took at least 4 tries, including mistakenly dying the wood first and having to sand that out of it, and the spray lacquer took forever. Of course the last coat ran and I had to wet sand and apply more.

I wanted to keep the wood itself as the feature as the spalt is so nice. Sometimes a block of wood looks good as a block of wood.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

The box I made for my daughter that gave me fits. Like I have mentioned, “keeping it simple” made it really hard. I fitted the inside panel at least 3 times unsuccessfully, the ink transfer took at least 4 tries, including mistakenly dying the wood first and having to sand that out of it, and the spray lacquer took forever. Of course the last coat ran and I had to wet sand and apply more.

I wanted to keep the wood itself as the feature as the spalt is so nice. Sometimes a block of wood looks good as a block of wood.

That looks really sharp ! I like the pattern of the wood too .

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Beautiful piece Jim. Spalted maple has such a great look to it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Awesome looking piece Jim. Sometimes those smaller projects take as much time as a big one.

I love spalted wood also. A lot of spalted turnings have left my shop.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘Woodworking Projects.’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.737 seconds