dcsimg

Woodworking Projects.

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Making a circular saw blade storage for my 10” blades and table saw accessories today.

That should keep things organized. How will you be mounting it?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cmeyer25 wrote:
    Making a circular saw blade storage for my 10” blades and table saw accessories today.

Good project for the shop. Now if we could get a table saw that could change its own blades. LOL

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I nice way of keeping your blades organized. I need to do something like this for Table saw & Circular saw blades.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s a good question, and I haven’t decided yet…

There’s some space next to my table saw, but I’m not sure the best way to go – I like the idea of having them vertical so I can just reach down and pull whichever blade I want straight up and out, and I made the box with a hollow back so that dust will just fall through and not collect on the back. But that location is a little awkward, and I don’t necessarily need the blades that close since I usually only use a 40T blade and my dado stack – and the stack I’m using more and more often on my RAS instead. So I’m still figuring out what I want to do.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Now if we could get a table saw that could change its own blades. LOL

That’s on the same list as the 18V Floor Jack. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Blade storage is a good thing, this was my take on a storage method. Worked well, so I did the same setup for 5″ sanding discs.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

I made a dumb mistake yesterday and drilled a 1/4″ hole into end grain in the wrong spot. I needed to repair that with the strong desire to do it invisibly. Put a piece of the same material on my lathe and turned a 1/4″ dowel to plug the hole. Put it in with some thin CA glue and left it a little proud. Refreshed the CA glue and sanded while wet. Having aligned the grain well and filling in any micro gap with the sawdust/glue, the hole disappeared to all but a very close-up inspection. I do not normally make that kind of blunder but that trick of CA glue and sanding while wet is quite useful. Beats the heck out of plastic wood. After fretting most of the night, I am quite pleased to have made this total recovery. I am thinking that some folks do not know about that trick so passing it along.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Blade storage is a good thing, this was my take on a storage method. Worked well, so I did the same setup for 5″ sanding discs.

Those are really nice looking! Mine didn’t turn out quite that nice, but I used what I had on hand, so it was free and that makes me happy 😁

I made a dumb mistake yesterday and drilled a 1/4″ hole into end grain in the wrong spot. I needed to repair that with the strong desire to do it invisibly. Put a piece of the same material on my lathe and turned a 1/4″ dowel to plug the hole. Put it in with some thin CA glue and left it a little proud. Refreshed the CA glue and sanded while wet. Having aligned the grain well and filling in any micro gap with the sawdust/glue, the hole disappeared to all but a very close-up inspection. I do not normally make that kind of blunder but that trick of CA glue and sanding while wet is quite useful. Beats the heck out of plastic wood. After fretting most of the night, I am quite pleased to have made this total recovery. I am thinking that some folks do not know about that trick so passing it along.

That is a good trick!

Charlie

Instagram

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I connected opposite dots 6 times and there was the center. I cut my Forstner hole based on that center point,

You can do the same with a divider and much quicker. Whats the purpose of the forester hole ? Did you chuck inside it ?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That is a nice set up for Blade and sanding disc storage. I really need to make something for my blades.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro

Those are really nice looking! Mine didn’t turn out quite that nice, but I used what I had on hand, so it was free and that makes me happy 😁

Fully understand that. The ones I made were also made from scraps of melamine that I had laying around the shop. Gotta use all the pieces – any place you can. 🙂

Stan

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That a nice ol table saw with the slide table.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

MTRoads
    Pro

I had two of those Ryobi BT3100 tablesaws, almost wish I still had one but I sold both of them when I upgraded to a Delta Hybrid.
    If I were to see a used one at a good price I would definitely grab it.

Stan

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

This is my take on blade and sanding disc storage. The sawblade rack can store bandsaw blades as well. The disc storage is for 5 and 6″.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

This is my take on blade and sanding disc storage. The sawblade rack can store bandsaw blades as well. The disc storage is for 5 and 6″.

I really like that – I think if I were to do it again, I might have made mine with dividers like yours instead of just having the blades slip into their own slots.

But it’s done now. Just need to figure out where to put it!

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Very nice. I like how you have used the side of it for storage also.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro

I had two of those Ryobi BT3100 tablesaws, almost wish I still had one but I sold both of them when I upgraded to a Delta Hybrid.

This is the setup I used when I had two of them. Made things nice when there were multiple setups needed for a project.

Stan

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is the setup I used when I had two of them. Made things nice when there were multiple setups needed for a project.

Man that was a nice set-up, really helped increase your productivity.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Having 2 saws is something I just dream about. Really nice looking setup, Stan.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I connected opposite dots 6 times and there was the center. I cut my Forstner hole based on that center point,

You can do the same with a divider and much quicker. Whats the purpose of the forester hole ? Did you chuck inside it ?

Hey sorry for the delay. Thanks for asking! I did chuck inside the Forstner hole.

Not sure how it could have been done with the divider. The circle for the bottom layer wasn’t concentric with the top layer necessarily, and the layer that I drilled into wasn’t anywhere near a perfect circle. I would love to find a different way to do this, but start to finish the process was maybe 4 minutes. Not sure what method could be too much faster than that. I’d be interested in your method, though!!

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘Woodworking Projects.’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.336 seconds