dcsimg

Woodworking Projects.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@yeallaD Thanks for the kinda comments. As for the choice material. I had the white ash laying around.I found a deal on some hardwood lumber for my father inlaw. So picked some for myself. Was my first time making anything with Hardwood other then a cutting board. It is very sturdy. Gluing the hardboard for chalkboard wasn’t a good choice. Works better fastening the hardboard in with silcone. The piece has alittle history too by using the lumber. The lumber sawed by a man who built his own sawmill. The lumber was sawed 25 years ago.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Since there has been a fair bit of interest in the scroll saw bowl I made. I got the idea from Steve Carmichael on Youtube. He has pdf template which I did use. Mine you he uses a bandsaw where I used a scroll saw. This was the first project I made with my scroll saw. I made a total 5 bowls for gifts

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/2-fUCVeX8PQ?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I guess i am going to be in the market for a scroll saw eventually. I do like these cool scroll saw projects.

I bought my Delta scroll saw used for almost nothing. But the Quickset broke and I had hard time finding one. I did find one for $40.00. Which is more then I paid for the saw. Working with Scroll saw is alot of fun. It takes some practice. But if you buy you should by a foot switch and build a stand for or buy one with stand.
    http://www.amazon.ca/MLCS-9089-Switch-Continuous-Running/dp/B000LJNJOY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453825427&sr=8-1&keywords=foot+switch

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Nice work. Just finished a couple projects myself

Have you (or anyone else) used this cutting board software?
    http://www.lastalias.com/cbdesigner/

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Since there has been a fair bit of interest in the scroll saw bowl I made. I got the idea from Steve Carmichael on Youtube. He has pdf template which I did use. Mine you he uses a bandsaw where I used a scroll saw. This was the first project I made with my scroll saw. I made a total 5 bowls for gifts

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/2-fUCVeX8PQ?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I guess i am going to be in the market for a scroll saw eventually. I do like these cool scroll saw projects.

There is a lot of free plans online for different types of scroll saw projects. There is simple fretwork patterns, or marquetry. Intarsia is really cool though because the finished projects really stand out and you can combine carving with the scroll saw cutting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wanted to show the pepper mill that I purchased from Mr. Lon @pi_woodworker It is absolutely beautiful! I put that showpiece right on top of my oven so it can be seen 🙂 The quality is excellent!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Wanted to show the pepper mill that I purchased from Mr. Lon @pi_woodworker It is absolutely beautiful! I put that showpiece right on top of my oven so it can be seen :) The quality is excellent!

Wow, good choice, I’d be showing that off, too.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I really like that zoo you built for stuffed animal storage, wish I had made something like that years ago!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Wanted to show the pepper mill that I purchased from Mr. Lon @pi_woodworker It is absolutely beautiful! I put that showpiece right on top of my oven so it can be seen 🙂 The quality is excellent!

That sure is a nice looking pepper mill.

@TaraC,
    I see you are baking us for us? What kind? 😀

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

ThanX @smallerstick, I just downloaded it and will load it up on my home PC and give it a shot. Looks interesting.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

ThanX @smallerstick, I just downloaded it and will load it up on my home PC and give it a shot. Looks interesting.

I did, and found it more of a PITA to use than to do the math myself with a pen and paper. Helped with approximate requirements for shopping though

Anonymous
    Inactive

@58Chev thank you! That pic doesn’t do it justice….cornbread there for my lump crab cake recipe:)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@58Chev thank you! That pic doesn’t do it justice….cornbread there for my lump crab cake recipe:)

That’s a truly beautiful pepper mill. That Lon is a true craftsman.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

What a deadly combination; custom woodwork and home cooking!

Hey now, nothing deadly about either one. In fact I would encourage more of each if you can do it.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Wanted to show the pepper mill that I purchased from Mr. Lon pi_woodworker It is absolutely beautiful! I put that showpiece right on top of my oven so it can be seen :) The quality is excellent!

Nice looking pepper mill you received Tara. That Lon is a true craftsman.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Hey now, nothing deadly about either one. In fact I would encourage more of each if you can do it.

My apologies, Lon, I meant “deadly” in the very best way. Your turning skills from what I have seen are second to none and cornbread — well I have a weakness there, I could eat the whole pan.

Having a 4 month old myself I was thinking making something for her to play with when she’s a bit older… You had some great ideas that I may try!

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

There is a lot of free plans online for different types of scroll saw projects. There is simple fretwork patterns, or marquetry. Intarsia is really cool though because the finished projects really stand out and you can combine carving with the scroll saw cutting.

Yes there is alot of free plans online. I have yet purchase a set of plans.

Greg

I love the pepper mill too! I am sometimes a fan of the Steampunk look.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

My apologies, Lon, I meant “deadly” in the very best way. Your turning skills from what I have seen are second to none and cornbread — well I have a weakness there, I could eat the whole pan.

No offense taken @smallerstick. I should have put a smiley at the end of the “Hey now…” statement. Thanks for your compliment but I think I have a lot to master yet at the lathe. Definitely great to be at the lathe or at the table eating cornbread. I can’t remember the last time I had some good cornbread.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘Woodworking Projects.’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.451 seconds