dcsimg

Woodworking Projects.

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I set up a fly cutter in the router table today for the grooves in the legs and fitted the panel in the lid.

Looking very nice. I really like how the lid is coming along.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Today I finally put on the second of finish (tung oil). When the finish cures I’ll put handles on the ends and call it good.

@BeardedCarpenter
    Great looking project as I think I have said already but I have a question about tung oil. Do you use the pure untreated product or the polymerized version? Have you used both? I am using tung oil now for the first time.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The jewelry box is coming together now. All the gluing and finish sanding is done, 4 coats of tung oil on the panels and 2 on the frame. Hinges are not yet mounted and I haven’t started on the interior.
    use
    Did another quick project today; a cutting board/knife storage combination. This is a first pass with the design. I plan to refine the legs, use a more complex cutting board top and perhaps more sophisticated joinery on the drawer. One coat so far of the new hemp oil/beeswax blend (about 5:1 oil to wax by weight)

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The jewelry box is coming together now. All the gluing and finish sanding is done, 4 coats of tung oil on the panels and 2 on the frame. Hinges are not yet mounted and I haven’t started on the interior.
    use
    Did another quick project today; a cutting board/knife storage combination. This is a first pass with the design. I plan to refine the legs, use a more complex cutting board top and perhaps more sophisticated joinery on the drawer. One coat so far of the new hemp oil/beeswax blend (about 5:1 oil to wax by weight)

Oil/wax looks great. Love the spalt on the front of the box.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@smallerstick
    The jewelry box looks stunning, great work.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I wanted to make a wine caddy for my wife for our anniversary. So I found a of piece Hard Maple in scrap pile. I managed to get piece flat and cleaned up before my thickness planer started making some funny noises. A few coats of mineral oil & beeswax. It turned pretty good.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

smallerstick,
    The jewelry box looks stunning, great work.

It is a sharp looking jewelry box. Nice work smallerstick.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I wanted to make a wine caddy for my wife for our anniversary. So I found a of piece Hard Maple in scrap pile. I managed to get piece flat and cleaned up before my thickness planer started making some funny noises. A few coats of mineral oil & beeswax. It turned pretty good.

Greg, that’s a really nice piece of maple there. Sure hope your planer survives. Have a happy anniversary. I’m sure your wife will be pleased.

Thanks for the kind words, guys, I really like making gifts.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Looking for some input on a requested project. SWMBO is wanting some sort of pull/swing out stand that would fit under an upper cabinet that a tablet can be put on for recipes and such.

I would prefer to do this all with wood rather than any of the metal brackets that come on commercial verisons of the same item.

If anyone has made something like this, I would appreciate any information you could provide.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

That’s nice, but looks like you misestimated the clearance for the glasses? Or was that by intent?

What a simple idea. Thanks for sharing. I might just whip a couple of those together for gifts.

use

Very nice! Getting close to the finish line on that one (pun intended). Great work Peter.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Did another quick project today; a cutting board/knife storage combination.

That looks like a handy project to make. Nice idea. Thank you for sharing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Greg, that’s a really nice piece of maple there. Sure hope your planer survives. Have a happy anniversary. I’m sure your wife will be pleased.

Thanks for the kind words, guys, I really like making gifts.

Thanks Peter! Yes my wife was pleased with.

My planer did survived. There was some build up of sawdust on the guard that goes over the drive chain. Also the drive chain need to be lubricated. Seems to be working fine now.

That’s nice, but looks like you misestimated the clearance for the glasses? Or was that by intent?

Thank you. No I didn’t misestimated the clearance for the glasses. I followed a plan which in the picture used a smaller bottle.

What a simple idea. Thanks for sharing. I might just whip a couple of those together for gifts.

It is a simple idea. I plan on making a couple more.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

A friend of mine wants me to turn a old oak whisky barrel into 2 coffee tables just like this .Anyone have any suggestions on the easiest ways of cutting the barrel ?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

A friend of mine wants me to turn a old oak whisky barrel into 2 coffee tables just like this .Anyone have any suggestions on the easiest ways of cutting the barrel ?

Never done it, but I think the first step would be to ensure that the metal rings are attached to every stave you are going to keep. After that, lay out a line and use the weapon of your choice. A circular saw would likely do the wood and a recip for the metal.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Very nice! Getting close to the finish line on that one (pun intended). Great work Peter.

Thanks, Lon, I started on the interior yesterday. Some challenges there.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@cranbrook2,
    Nice to see you back.. 🙂

Looks like a jig or sawzall to cut through wood and steel straps without having to change blades.
    The new Diablo Blades are getting rave reviews.

— Glenn Botting

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

@cranbrook2,
    Nice to see you back.. 🙂

Looks like a jig or sawzall to cut through wood and steel straps without having to change blades.
    The new Diablo Blades are getting rave reviews.

Thanks Frank ! I am thinking ill go to home depot now and pick up a saw blade for my circular saw that cuts wood and metal . That should do the trick ..

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Thanks Frank ! I am thinking ill go to home depot now and pick up a saw blade for my circular saw that cuts wood and metal . That should do the trick ..

@cranbrook2
    The new Diablo Demo Blade for circular saws are top notch. They are also getting a lot of great reviews.

— Glenn Botting

I was comissioned to build a stand to raise an oxygen concentrator by about 10 inches, and reduce the chances of it tipping over, while hiding some of the ugly institutional blue plastic. The house has walnut flooring, so it made walnut the obvious choice

I decided to build a box to raise the concentrator by 9-1/4 and then to build a second box with a 3/4 thick bottom to act as a sleeve to stabilise the concentrator, while raising it to a final height of 10″

I decided to use dovetails for the joinery, cut using my router for speed and precision. I like the look, and wasnt really open to spending the time to hand cut the dovetails

I still have to rout the dadoes for the bottoms, rabbet the bottom boards, and put in the bullet dowels that will hold the two boxes together.

One day, when the concentrator will not be needed, the two boxes can be separated and the dowel holes can hold feet under nice walnut boxes. Allows for continued use in the design

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘Woodworking Projects.’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.359 seconds