dcsimg

Woodworking Projects.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

well I just found a place to get beeswax in the next town over. I am going to buy 2 pounds to and mix it with mineral oil or a different oil for a finish for my leather stuff and for my wood products.

I have not needed any for quite a while now, but when we go out we take a look for signs along the road for people selling honey. I heard there was one place I could get it on the other side of town, but have not been out there to look yet. Just a guy that sells honey from an apiary, but he could probably get the wax too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

A few months ago I made a set of toy wooden blocks for my son, but I didn’t have a place for them except a cardboard box. So I decided to build a wooden box. The design was a little more complex than it need to be considering it’s just for toy blocks, but I had fun making it, and I like the way it looks. It’s red oak, about 20″x13″x13″. There’s five courses of 2.5″ pieces. The short pieces on each course go into a dado on the piece that runs proud. There are no fasters at the joints besides glue, but there are screws runnings down through the height of each course fastening each course together. It was a hassle assemble, but it’s very strong.

Today I finally put on the second of finish (tung oil). When the finish cures I’ll put handles on the ends and call it good.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

A few months ago I made a set of toy wooden blocks for my son, but I didn’t have a place for them except a cardboard box. So I decided to build a wooden box. The design was a little more complex than it need to be considering it’s just for toy blocks, but I had fun making it, and I like the way it looks. It’s red oak, about 20″x13″x13″. There’s five courses of 2.5″ pieces. The short pieces on each course go into a dado on the piece that runs proud. There are no fasters at the joints besides glue, but there are screws runnings down through the height of each course fastening each course together. It was a hassle assemble, but it’s very strong.

Today I finally put on the second of finish (tung oil). When the finish cures I’ll put handles on the ends and call it good.

That’s a good looking, sturdy toy box. Lucky guy! The design is classic, too.

Just noticing Dad’s toy in background of the first pic; pretty good looking, too.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

That’s a good looking, sturdy toy box. Lucky guy! The design is classic, too.

Just noticing Dad’s toy in background of the first pic; pretty good looking, too.

“Dad’s toy” is true, but not the dad you’re thinking of. The Harley is my dad’s toy. I don’t have a shop of my own so I use my dad’s. I have to be anal about dust collection, for obvious reasons.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I started a new project today; a jewelry box in maple and spalted maple. It’s all frame and panel construction. Needless to say, I was not at all looking forward to cutting all the joinery. That’s the part of the job I know is necessary but hate to devote all the time required to do the job right. The impatient guy within me just wants to get it done already.

A year- year and a half ago when i was gathering up used machinery for my shop, I bought a Delta mortising attachment for my DP and a tenoning jig for my TS. Never really bothered with either of them til today. 16 mortises 1/4″ x 1″ x 1″ deep and all the corresponding tenons.

Bottom line; I really like the attachments! Total from dimensioned parts to finished M & T joints; about 2 hours including set-up time. I may need to do a small amount of trimming, I know, but I’m a happy camper.

How big is the jewelry box going to be? Remember if there is room for more, she is going to want to fill it. 🙂

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

How big is the jewelry box going to be? Remember if there is room for more, she is going to want to fill it. 🙂

LOL yes she will, Lon. It’s a gift, so I won’t be the one filling it thankfully. Don’t know if I could afford to fill 9″ x 9″ x 14″.

I was planning a drawer initially but a lift out tray is the latest concept. It’s a work in progress so far; we’ll see what comes.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I started a new project today; a jewelry box in maple and spalted maple. It’s all frame and panel construction. Needless to say, I was not at all looking forward to cutting all the joinery. That’s the part of the job I know is necessary but hate to devote all the time required to do the job right. The impatient guy within me just wants to get it done already.

A year- year and a half ago when i was gathering up used machinery for my shop, I bought a Delta mortising attachment for my DP and a tenoning jig for my TS. Never really bothered with either of them til today. 16 mortises 1/4″ x 1″ x 1″ deep and all the corresponding tenons.

Bottom line; I really like the attachments! Total from dimensioned parts to finished M & T joints; about 2 hours including set-up time. I may need to do a small amount of trimming, I know, but I’m a happy camper.

Great that the attachments are working well for your needs. You will be posting more pictures as the project moves along?

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Great that the attachments are working well for your needs. You will be posting more pictures as the project moves along?

Thanks, Stan, they are working very well.

I got the dry fit-up done today of the frame and the lid. Panels are next to rough out.

I have used the little bench top bench all the way through this project. It’s just the perfect height for work on these small pieces.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I got the dry fit-up done today of the frame and the lid. Panels are next to rough out.

I have used the little bench top bench all the way through this project. It’s just the perfect height for work on these small pieces.

Just catching up on this thread.
    Nice setup @smallerstick. Really like that tenoning jig, I have been contemplating adding one to my shop.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Thanks, Stan, they are working very well.

Day-um, you do some beautiful work. Nice toys too.

MTRoads
    Pro

Looking great so far. Are you going to add grooves to the legs for the panels to fit into – or do you have another plan for that?

Stan

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Looking great so far. Are you going to add grooves to the legs for the panels to fit into – or do you have another plan for that?

Thanks, Stan, I set up a fly cutter in the router table today for the grooves in the legs and fitted the panel in the lid.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Thanks, Stan, I set up a fly cutter in the router table today for the grooves in the legs and fitted the panel in the lid.

i think it might be time we started to see videos from your projects lol. i want to see how you have your set up and how your workflow goes as i could definitely learn quite a few things from you.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

i think it might be time we started to see videos from your projects lol. i want to see how you have your set up and how your workflow goes as i could definitely learn quite a few things from you.

lol videos? I can barely turn the TV on and off by myself! If I had to worry about a camera, I would never get any work done. The bloopers and outtakes would be a real hoot, though.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol videos? I can barely turn the TV on and off by myself! If I had to worry about a camera, I would never get any work done. The bloopers and outtakes would be a real hoot, though.

we will have to arrange some time when I next come visit and show you how to make it easy for you to film and upload from your cell phone.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Nice joinery. A bit of “Greene and Greene” inspiration.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

we will have to arrange some time when I next come visit and show you how to make it easy for you to film and upload from your cell phone.

LOL How can I film and upload from a flip phone? That is going to be a real trick!

Maybe I can find a phone a little more up to date by the time you come for a visit.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

LOL How can I film and upload from a flip phone? That is going to be a real trick!

Hah! Yeah that’s tough. With a smartphone it’s very easy.

MTRoads
    Pro

That spalted panel looks outstanding. Going to have a nice lid right there.

Stan

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘Woodworking Projects.’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.255 seconds