dcsimg

Woodpecker – One Time Tools

Viewing 9 posts - 381 through 389 (of 389 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I purchased a one-time tool – the Woodpecker corner jig set recently. It was offered before and then brought back again around Christmas. My set arrived right at the end of April. I went to put it to use last weekend and the fences on the underside of the jig allowing you to square up on the corner to be routed were quite short. That means a board less than approximately 4 1/2 inches in width will not work. The jig will not align. Okay I think, call them up and ask them if longer fences were available as there is room to swap out the short ones with longer ones. If not available, would they make them and I would pay for them.

Here is their answer which comes up way short on good customer service! No, they would not make longer ones and charge me. If I wanted to return the jig, they would take it back with a 15% restocking fee. Well Woodpecker you just pissed off a very loyal customer with that answer considering you should have designed your jig with longer fences to begin with. I guarantee it will be their loss in the future.

That sure isn’t the kind of answer I would expect from them. They are basically a custom machine shop and if a customer isn’t satisfied or can suggest an improvement to one of their products; I think they should be all over that. It’s far easier to keep a customer than it is to gain one and doubly hard to win one back.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie
    OLD THREAD WARNING

I generally view Woodpecker as nice, but seriously overpriced stuff for the most part.

This clamping system from Woodpeckers that a retailer I subscribe to their e-flyers sent a notice on is now taking orders on for summer 2020 deliveries.

https://www.woodpeck.com/ott-vise-less-worksupport-2020.html

First item in years from Woodpecker that actually has me thinking about whether I want it or not.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@Doobie

I didn’t want to look at the price but I did and for sure I won’t be spending that kind of money for a work support. I’ll figure out something when I need it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lots of neat new tools from Woodpeckers, you ought to give them a new look. They are still expensive though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Lots of neat new tools from Woodpeckers, you ought to give them a new look. They are still expensive though.

I get E-Flyers from either Woodpeckers themselves, or a few of their Canadian dealers on new products all the time. I just shake my head at their prices, and that would go even if I was in the US and didn’t have to pay what are exchange and import fees.

Same goes for Bridge City Tools. Just too pricey for what they offer. Compared to Festool, Festool seems much less aggresious insofar as what you pay for what you get, and don’t get me wrong, Festool is pricey, but not as crazy as either of the two aforememtioned other two companies for what are not even motored tools.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

i agree Woodpeckers tools are very expensive, but they have some really nice stuff, plus it seems they are offering a new tool like every three weeks or so. Before it seemed to be one new tool a quarter.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A Look at the New Woodpeckers Pro Woodworking Drill Press Table

https://toolguyd.com/woodpeckers-pro-drill-press-table-062020/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

A Look at the New Woodpeckers Pro Woodworking Drill Press Table

https://toolguyd.com/woodpeckers-pro-drill-press-table-062020/

There’s one obvious major shortcoming of it….if you are drilling holes near the mouth of the dust port fine, but once you are more than a few inches away, you’re back to the same problem of debris not being cleared away as you are drilling.

Nope, not for me!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Pursuit of Precision: The Story of Woodpeckers Tools interesting video on how Woodpecker’s Tools started.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 9 posts - 381 through 389 (of 389 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.816 seconds