dcsimg

Woodpecker – One Time Tools

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 389 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

6 months?? Geez, I could have made one quicker than that. That is; IF I had a cnc mill

This could be a new business for someone? πŸ™‚ We just have to keep supplying good ideas for new tools.

Start a new topic…. and we can let Dan do the designing as always πŸ˜› I am happy to market the product πŸ™‚

In the meantime – do you guys ever pick up woodpecker one time tools in an aftermarket of sorts (ebay, etc) after the ‘one time production’?

Also, I have noticed that the tools aren’t truly produced literally one time… but more cyclical – every 3-5 years or so… Or maybe every 1-2 if it is a really popular one…

John S

woodman_412

I guess I’ll be spending lots of time in AutoCad and SketchUp if I’m going to be designing all these tools πŸ™‚ I’ve always thought that would be a fun job though, designing tools. Do you guys make many of your own tools or jigs? I always find it’s very satisfying.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are good at it too Dan, I really liked that deal you made for your circular saw. I haven’t had a need to make any wood jigs yet but I’ve made a few tools for mechanics.

woodman_412

Thanks Boyd! It’s something that I’ve always enjoyed as part of being a woodworker.

Dan

danpattison.com

You are good at it too Dan, I really liked that deal you made for your circular saw. I haven’t had a need to make any wood jigs yet but I’ve made a few tools for mechanics.

Boyd – if by make a few tools for mechanics you mean that you took a certain wrench and bent it out of frustration, then I have done that a time or two too πŸ˜›

And FYI all, here is a new forum on making tools / ideas for new tools…
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/making-tools/

John S

John, you are right on the one-time tools. They will come back with something from the past. Their website allows you to ask for something from the past and if demand is there they say they will produce it again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Boyd – if by make a few tools for mechanics you mean that you took a certain wrench and bent it out of frustration, then I have done that a time or two too :P

And FYI all, here is a new forum on making tools / ideas for new tools…

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/making-tools/

LOL John, No but I’ve cut wrenches in half for a certain task, Makes it bad for the next time I need it LOL. Thanks for the new link, That’ll help me keep on topic

Sometimes you gotta go what you gotta do to make a tool fit a spot – especially when it comes to wrenches and whatnot… but it is always a little sad to forever have it modified πŸ™

John S

Just FYI all – here is the latest one-time tool that Woodpeckers has made… Definitely an optional item to the shop, though it is far more affordable than much of their stuff

http://www.woodpeck.com/ottpaoliniplanergauge.html?et_mid=645743&rid=237510952

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm, Not bad for quick reference if the tolerance can be within a 1/16″ but I think I’d rather use a caliper

I think it will be real handy when planing or sanding planks and panels.

I have never jumped on the one-time tool — I almost did when they re-released the large triangles, but decided not too — I do really like my Woodpecker’s stuff that I do have and some of these tools seem like they would be useful and nice to have, but the timing on what I need never seems to correspond to what is being offered for whatever reason.

Orange County, CA

I found this guy’s explanation of tool purchases at another forum (unnamed) helpful with all this talk about various high-end tools…

There are three types of tool purchasers: The Collector, the hobbyist and the Money Maker.

The collector buys the tools whether the tool is needed or not. This person will buy the tools to complete the collection or because it is a cool tool and maybe some day I will use it.

The Money maker buys the tools that are needed to get the job done and make some money.

The Hobbyist buys what he can get approved by the finance committee (your spouse).

John S

Can’t someone be all 3 wrapped in 1 person? I think I fit that description :).

haha absolutely! In fact, that might be the type of person who is the ultimate tool purchaser πŸ˜›

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gee, I don’t fall into any of them, I buy it when I need it…Period. psssst, The finance committee doesn’t have to know everything LOL. Besides, I can still outrun her πŸ™‚

You have to at least name a category if you are going to claim to not fall into one! πŸ˜› What would call your category – the category that always ONLY buys tools when you need it… hmm hmm hmm?? πŸ™‚

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dang it, I was hoping I wouldn’t have to think today…….umm………..How bout the ‘I need it right now cuz without it I may not live long enough to get this project done doing it the hard way purchaser’. Or perhaps
    ‘The Priority Purchaser’ for short πŸ™‚

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 389 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.467 seconds