dcsimg

Woodpecker – One Time Tools

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 389 total)
  • Author
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I just wouldn’t have the patience to wait that long for something.
    You will have to let us know when it comes and how you like it.

Do they wait for orders then make the product. That’s a long time .

@skillman, exactly. These one time tools are pre ordered and you wait for them to get done. I am still waiting for an item I ordered last year that was supposed to be done in February. You live with it I guess not that you like it.

That’s nuts making you wait that long for a product . From what I seen there is a market for there products why not just build a limited amount

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s nuts making you wait that long for a product . From what I seen there is a market for there products why not just build a limited amount

Their marketing strategy is to order the tool after they have confirmed orders. Prevents inventory build up and unsold product.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Their marketing strategy is to order the tool after they have confirmed orders. Prevents inventory build up and unsold product.

If ever company did that no one would have anything . You make a product for the market . Would you wait for a battery for your car like that no way . They are not sold on there products in my mind or the market is so small .

Always willing to learn .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

And helps guage interest if they need to make another batch for additional sales.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I just wouldn’t have the patience to wait that long for something.
    You will have to let us know when it comes and how you like it.

Not sure I would have the patience for that also. I hate it some times when an item is on back order for a couple of weeks.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

JerrySats
    Pro
    Garnet Valley, PENNSYLVANIA

I like their tools and have a few (not any of the one time tools) but the waiting would kill me . I doubt they would have a hard time selling them if they just made tools with no waiting period like all the other companies .

I have a couple woodpecker tools. I have their router lift and love it. All the one time tools I have seen them come out with look great. Knowing the quality of the tools I own, I am sure the one time tools are excellent in quality. That said, most of them are too expensive and the wait too long. Honestly many of the tools can be made in the shop with a little ingenuity.

Mike Mader

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have a couple woodpecker tools.

A few of the members on here also have some of the WP OTT and like them. I have just been waiting for something i can really use before pulling the trigger.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A few of the members on here also have some of the WP OTT and like them. I have just been waiting for something i can really use before pulling the trigger.

Their stuff is very nice but as you mention Bill with the one-time tools, they often do not have enough utility to justify making an order. And those that do have that appeal as Jerry said, just add them to their regular lineup of tools so they are immediately available.

I must say that I have not been too keen on the last few OTT that Woodpecker has offered… Then again, the times that they do try to come out with something edgy or innovative, it is either too-far-out-there in concept or in price (or both).

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I must say that I have not been too keen on the last few OTT that Woodpecker has offered…

Me either but the flyers are always nice to receive. I enjoy reading about the new tools. WP has started sending out videos of the production updates, I like those.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JerrySats
    Pro
    Garnet Valley, PENNSYLVANIA

There’s not many OTT that I want , the only one that stands out to me is the Paolini Pocket Rule . I have a thing for rules and squares . I know they brought it back do to demand.

I purchased the Woodpecker corner jig set recently. It was offered before and then brought back again around Christmas. My set arrived right at the end of April. I went to put it to use last weekend and the fences on the underside of the jig allowing you to square up on the corner to be routed were quite short. That means a board less than approximately 4 1/2 inches in width will not work. The jig will not align. Okay I think, call them up and ask them if longer fences were available as there is room to swap out the short ones with longer ones. If not available, would they make them and I would pay for them.

Here is their answer which comes up way short on good customer service! No, they would not make longer ones and charge me. If I wanted to return the jig, they would take it back with a 15% restocking fee. Well Woodpecker you just pissed off a very loyal customer with that answer considering you should have designed your jig would longer fences to begin with. I guarantee it will be their loss in the future.

I purchased a one-time tool – the Woodpecker corner jig set recently. It was offered before and then brought back again around Christmas. My set arrived right at the end of April. I went to put it to use last weekend and the fences on the underside of the jig allowing you to square up on the corner to be routed were quite short. That means a board less than approximately 4 1/2 inches in width will not work. The jig will not align. Okay I think, call them up and ask them if longer fences were available as there is room to swap out the short ones with longer ones. If not available, would they make them and I would pay for them.

Here is their answer which comes up way short on good customer service! No, they would not make longer ones and charge me. If I wanted to return the jig, they would take it back with a 15% restocking fee. Well Woodpecker you just pissed off a very loyal customer with that answer considering you should have designed your jig with longer fences to begin with. I guarantee it will be their loss in the future.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I purchased a one-time tool – the Woodpecker corner jig set recently. It was offered before and then brought back again around Christmas. My set arrived right at the end of April. I went to put it to use last weekend and the fences on the underside of the jig allowing you to square up on the corner to be routed were quite short. That means a board less than approximately 4 1/2 inches in width will not work. The jig will not align. Okay I think, call them up and ask them if longer fences were available as there is room to swap out the short ones with longer ones. If not available, would they make them and I would pay for them.

Here is their answer which comes up way short on good customer service! No, they would not make longer ones and charge me. If I wanted to return the jig, they would take it back with a 15% restocking fee. Well Woodpecker you just pissed off a very loyal customer with that answer considering you should have designed your jig would longer fences to begin with. I guarantee it will be their loss in the future.

That would have pissed me off as well Lon. They could have worded that a whole lot better. And kept you a happy customer.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It sounds like you got a customer service agent on a bad day. I can see for them however that it would be difficult and prohibitively expensive for them to make customization’s of their tools for everyone who wanted them. They would have to charge more than you paid for the tool for a one off like that. They should have explained that to you.

It looks like the stops are removable from the photo, Possibly you could make replacements for them from a dense hardwood like maple or something to allow what you need.

Doobie

This is why I don’t like to deal with companies that do limited production runs and pre-ordering nonsense. Too many potential perils in doing so. One of them being having typically very limiting recourses or favour towards the customer when things go wrong. Case in point.

They want you to think that their wares are ’boutique/custom’ and it’s a priviledge to own them. The reality is often it is simply a profit maximization strategy which also minimizes waste for the owners. I have to really really really want something to buy from companies like this.

It looks like the stops are removable from the photo, Possibly you could make replacements for them from a dense hardwood like maple or something to allow what you need.

They are definitely removable and are simply aluminum bars tapped for screws & fastened through the top of the jig. I have a customer I have done a number of favors for who is a machinist. I am sure he can quickly mill out 2 longer fences for me. The suggestion of 2 pieces of hardwood is a great fallback. Plenty of hard maple laying around my shop.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

They are definitely removable and are simply aluminum bars tapped for screws & fastened through the top of the jig. I have a customer I have done a number of favors for who is a machinist. I am sure he can quickly mill out 2 longer fences for me. The suggestion of 2 pieces of hardwood is a great fallback. Plenty of hard maple laying around my shop.

Glad to provide ideas, I guess that is what this forum is meant to be, sometimes I think we lose track of that in light if everything else going on.

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 389 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.644 seconds