dcsimg

Woodpecker – One Time Tools

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 389 total)
  • Author

I am pretty sure I have brought your attention to these one-time tools that woodpecker produces, but here is the most recent:

http://www.woodpeck.com/ottmtcenterpwwpno.html?et_mid=643181&rid=237510952

It is a sweet center gauge for mortises and tenons

John S

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

I don’t think I will be ordering one of those, but it would be handy for edge layouts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It looks like a sweet and simple tool but NOT for the price.

haha agreed Boyd. I would say all of the woodpecker tools are a bit high in price, but it is the ‘price you pay’ for ‘quality’ so they say…

John S

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Good looking tool. I dont think I would every use anything like that though. Pricey.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

woodman_412

That’s a great marking tool. I agree that the price is a little steep though. I would be inclined to make my own version of it.

Dan

danpattison.com

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I was pretty interested till I scrolled to the price ::)

I was pretty interested till I scrolled to the price ::)

Ain’t that the truth…!

And as usual, I will be interested in seeing what Dan comes up with… (most of all so I can market it for him and we can enter yet another Dan-John enterprise hahaha 😛

John S

I am guilty – I ordered one. It will be a great time saver on marking mortises and getting you right dead center on a board when you need to mark a center line. I am a sucker for these 1-time tools.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That a boy Lon, I’m sure it’ll be a handy tool you’ll be glad to have. And if ya say it really fast the price doesn’t seem to hurt so bad. 🙂

I figure it will last a long time so one day my grandson will be using it too.

I don’t think you are being unwise at all Lon… It is definitely a high quality item for making a particular task far more efficient… And like you said – I don’t see it going kaputz on you anytime soon.

John S

I was working on a project today where this tool would have been real handy establishing a center line.

woodman_412

John, if only there were more hours in the day I could work on designs for some of these shop made tools and jigs. That would be a fun job to do nothing but that all day!

Lon, let us know how you like it after you’ve put it to work.

Dan

danpattison.com

Unfortunately Dan the tool does not ship until 3/2014.

haha wow. We will keep bugging you until then I guess Lon 😛

John S

woodman_412

Wow that’s quite a wait Lon. Are they still to be made or something?

Dan

danpattison.com

Yes, their procedure is to pump it out through their own email list and then Popular Woodworking, Woodcraft and others do the same. From there they get how many are to be made and then it takes them awhile to actually manufacture them. On past tools I have ordered, the delivery tends to be much longer than advertised. They do not charge you until they ship.

That is good to know Lon. I knew it would be a while to get their one-time tools, but I didn’t realize just how long / that it could be longer than they claim.

John S

I wish it wasn’t that way but these are one-off tools, not something they stock so that when you order it and you just forget it. Then one-day a surprise arrives.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 389 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.664 seconds