dcsimg

Wood Shop

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Do they have a Sawstop in the shop Sven. Most of the shop classes in these parts have done that.

I’ll take a look today and see. Didn’t look yet and we had the last three days off because of snow. If not, maybe we could get them a reaxx. I think that would be a lot better in a school environment. Saw stops just cost so much to reset, I could see a saw being down for a long time.

The woodshop teachers are teaching their students how to build birdhouses .

That is also pretty cool, not afraid of their killing your business?

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Do they have a Sawstop in the shop Sven. Most of the shop classes in these parts have done that.

I’ll take a look today and see. Didn’t look yet and we had the last three days off because of snow. If not, maybe we could get them a reaxx. I think that would be a lot better in a school environment. Saw stops just cost so much to reset, I could see a saw being down for a long time.

Haha something tells me that his business will be fine with the extra competition.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Haha something tells me that his business will be fine with the extra competition.

Yes I’m not really too worried about it , not yet anyway. :-)As long as they don’t start a production line and start selling them .

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Yeah I remember when I went to high school. I took all the shop classes. I think that I learned and took the most from these classes than the others. I guess I am more of a hands-on learner. I think that is a shame that most schools have lost their shop classes tho. I think the shed idea is a great idea. They will get to learn different aspects of building and the school gets money back for funding. I hope to see some pictures soon. Take care.

Cheers,
    Mark

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I got some pictures today, I still need to resize them because BTP won’t. Once I got that done, I’ll upload them. The tools they have there are mostly old. Old Powermatic drill presses, coulle of Delta Scroll saws, sanders, cabinet saw, etc. They also have a DeWalt miter saw that looks a little bit newer.

Doobie

I got some pictures today, I still need to resize them because BTP won’t. Once I got that done, I’ll upload them. The tools they have there are mostly old. Old Powermatic drill presses, coulle of Delta Scroll saws, sanders, cabinet saw, etc. They also have a DeWalt miter saw that looks a little bit newer.

Sounds like it is doubling for Museum 101 classes.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The High School in my town having been involved building things in town. One project they did was. They made garbage & recycle containers for along the sidewalks. They also made planters for along sidewalks.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Sorry it’s taken so long. Here are some pictures.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Looks like a nice shop Sven. School shops always seem to have some pretty heavy duty machines.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

Any small CNC machine(s) in there Sven?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Nice and roomy, well equipped, and lots of storage…..sweet!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like a nice setup the school has. Great to see one still has a wood shop.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

That does look nice. Our wood shop is officially closed last month. Been almost 2 years and couldn’t get a shop teacher.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That’s nothing like the shop we had at my HS

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

That does look nice. Our wood shop is officially closed last month. Been almost 2 years and couldn’t get a shop teacher.

Terrible. I am a teacher, and would love to teach a shop class… if only the school I work at had one.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Never had a shop like that in the two HS I went to. More towards the metal and small engine stuff when I went to school.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I loved shop in high school, I never figured I’d ever end up making a living with carpentry though.

My grandfather taught wood shop way back in the day, turned out he taught my wood shop teacher. Small world.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Any small CNC machine(s) in there Sven?

Not that I saw. I think they have one in the metal shop. Just haven’t seen it yet.

woodman_412

That looks like a great shop Sven. I think shop classes are super important. It was junior high shop class that got me interested in woodworking. That’s where it all started for me and I’ve been hooked ever since. It always makes me sad to hear about schools shutting down shops and not offering classes anymore.

I was giving some thought earlier to doing a video aimed at encouraging school shops to stay open. I have a how to video that I did when I was in grade 8 as a school project that I thought might be good to show. In the video I’m working in my own shop and build a doll sized bench and show each step. This was done not long after I was inspired to start woodworking from school shop class. I was thinking if I showed that and talked a bit about the advantages of school shop programs and how important they are. What do you guys think?

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Never had a shop like that in the two HS I went to. More towards the metal and small engine stuff when I went to school.

we had shops like this when i was in school, i wondered if they spent alot of money as every machine was green, and i believe they were all general internationals. However they started to close them as soon as my generation was done, they went on towards more cnc and metal work then anything else.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.475 seconds