dcsimg

Wood Owl bits

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

Recently I saw a video tool review on Wood Owl brand auger bits, and they outperformed the “regular” style auger bits through some timber frame. Does anyone have experience with these bit or this brand?

http://www.woodowl.com/PROD_ultrasmooth.htm

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve heard of them, but never used them. The self feed screw is really great on my Bosch Daredevil spade bits though.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’ve heard of them, but never used them. The self feed screw is really great on my Bosch Daredevil spade bits though.

same here. the bosch daredevil spade bits are amazing.
    they go thru lumber quick

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have some of the Irwin Speedbor bits like in the pic. They are fast cutters.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have the same Irwin kit Ron is showing up^^^^there. very nice bits.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Where can you but the wood owl bits at?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

same here. the bosch daredevil spade bits are amazing.
    they go thru lumber quick

I’ll 3rd the Daredevil bit by BOSCH, they certainly take no time at all to go through a 2 by.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I don’t know what brand they are, but I’m using self feed augers like these. So far they cut really well. I especially like that you don’t need to lean on them; just let the feed screw do its thing.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That looks like nice set Ron. Compact carrying case too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That looks like nice set Ron. Compact carrying case too.

The case is a POS, broke the hinge after a couple of days. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Never heard of them. BeThePro set me up with a set of the Daredevil bits and they are more than adequate. Also gave a set to my electrician son-in-law and he loves his.

yellaD
    Pro

The Wood Owl bits are Japanese made and can be bought online as far as I know. I think they can chew through nails without breaking your wrist supposedly. Just wondering if anyone has proved this.

Here is the video I saw:

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I bought these bits as well and to be quite honest part of the reason I bought them was the case. I have the spade bits and regular drill bits.
    The hinge broke right away also. I then got a set of the Bosch DSB5013P 13 pc. Daredevil™ Spade Bit Set in Pouch . I love them!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The Wood Owl bits are Japanese made and can be bought online as far as I know. I think they can chew through nails without breaking your wrist supposedly. Just wondering if anyone has proved this.

Here is the video I saw:

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/dFyPcl12Oik?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

maybe we should pick up a few different bits and do a video comparison to see which ones work the best. It would make one hell of an afternoon.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i saw the same video yeella d.. that guy does some amazing work and only uses the best of toools.. and accesories.. the only killer is the price point from what i understand

as for the irwin bit case.. yes it isa piece of junk.. i use the nylon zip up bags to carry mine in now

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

yellaD
    Pro

Don’t threaten me with a good time! I think it would only take a few minutes though.

yellaD
    Pro

It’s kinda expensive to begin with, and with shipping to CAN, it gets a little ridiculous. I’ve tried a few distributors and ebay.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It’s kinda expensive to begin with, and with shipping to CAN, it gets a little ridiculous. I’ve tried a few distributors and ebay.

http://www.woodowl.com/display.aspx

Their website has a search function for dealers.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

after black friday HD’s marks down their left over stuff. i bought 2x 13p bosch kits for i cant really remember the price but it was dirt cheap

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

yellaD
    Pro

http://www.woodowl.com/display.aspx

Their website has a search function for dealers.

The search only comes up with one dealer for Canada, and they are based out of US. 🙁

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.539 seconds