dcsimg

Winterize?

• This topic has 212 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by r-ice.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

surprisingly the garage hasn’t been extremely cold yet. No heater required.

Well winter really hasn’t hit yet so it’s not a true test of winter persay. Wait till the snow really starts flying then you can say whether or not the garage needs insulation

-17 next Monday, you’ll find out quick enough. :)

Oh man. I just looked at our forecast. Minus 10C on Monday for us. Hasn’t gone that low yet for a daytime high. Longjohns for sure on Monday.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well winter really hasn’t hit yet so it’s not a true test of winter persay. Wait till the snow really starts flying then you can say whether or not the garage needs insulation

-17 next Monday, you’ll find out quick enough. :)

Oh man. I just looked at our forecast. Minus 10C on Monday for us. Hasn’t gone that low yet for a daytime high. Longjohns for sure on Monday.

Lol I’ll have to go find all of that, I don’t have anything out just yet. Hey was hoping for more warm weather.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@YellaD
    Andy the cold weather has only just begun. LOL
    Wait till the dead of winter then tell us if your garage is still warm enough to work in? 😉

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

here the weather had a huge change.. christmas day it was 12 degress celcius and sunny..i was outside in shorts washing and waxing the truck.. on tuesday we receieved 25 cms of snow

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

yellaD
    Pro

Yeah I read about the drop in temp. I’m more concerned for my tools, I’ll just shiver away…

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Yeah I read about the drop in temp. I’m more concerned for my tools, I’ll just shiver away…

Don’t worry about any of your Bosch Lithium batteries, they seem to handle the cold really well!

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

Think I’m gonna go fetch what tools may be left in the shed including my PB360. It’s just dropping a little too much now for comfort.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Where are your tools located right now. Still in that unheated garage?

Doobie

Don’t worry about any of your Bosch Lithium batteries, they seem to handle the cold really well!

Some9je had mentioned not long ago when I asked that they don’t like to be frozen. Not sure how valid that may be though.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Some9je had mentioned not long ago when I asked that they don’t like to be frozen. Not sure how valid that may be though.

didn’t @utopia78 chris leave his in the fl12 out all winter in the snow and it ended up working months later? just found the video

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I leave my table saw in the shed all winter, didn’t seem to have any adverse effect. there’s no cast iron parts though so I don’t know if moisture will be a problem.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

didn’t @utopia78 chris leave his in the fl12 out all winter in the snow and it ended up working months later? just found the video

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ozw4vf5gby0?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Also the capacity of the 12v didn’t change after testing/freezing. It was like it was never left outside.
    *Thanks for finding and posting the vid @r-ice

A Working Pro since 2004

yellaD
    Pro

OMW tonite to get my valuable tools from the unheated garage. It will be insane tonite and tmrw!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

OMW tonite to get my valuable tools from the unheated garage. It will be insane tonite and tmrw!

Andy, If you can keep the tools warm, tonight would be the day to pull them in.
    For the ones that I keep in the garage, I sit sticks of chalk in my tool chest, it helps with any moisture.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

I actually went today and brought all my tools that were in the shed from working in there. Figured the extended fall season this year is over and won’t get back to it for the next few months. Don’t want to find them covered in rust in the spring when I get back out there to continue on with work out there.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Andy, If you can keep the tools warm, tonight would be the day to pull them in.
    For the ones that I keep in the garage, I sit sticks of chalk in my tool chest, it helps with any moisture.

thats the one thing i like about my garage now that i’ve changed the garage door to an insulated one. It keeps the workshop warm, although i may go buy some chalk as well to start doing the same to make sure nothing rusts in the tool chest.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Oh man I just came back home and it’s freakin slippery on the highway, above freezing daytime and now it’s almost -10, everything is under a thin layer of ice. I can feel the car constantly sliding sideways a minute amount, pucker factor is extremely high to say the least. Must’ve seen 6 or 7 cars in the ditch.

Next set of winter tires WILL have studs on them.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I used 6 mil poly to divide my shop in half cars on one side and shop on the other .My wood stove is hooked up and it takes about 15 minutes to warm the shop up to 80 – 90 f .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Oh man I just came back home and it’s freakin slippery on the highway, above freezing daytime and now it’s almost -10, everything is under a thin layer of ice. I can feel the car constantly sliding sideways a minute amount, pucker factor is extremely high to say the least. Must’ve seen 6 or 7 cars in the ditch.

Are studded tires legal there? They certainly aren’t here. What were you driving?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Saw the same. Happy to have good winters (Blizzak) and traction control. Still was only going 80 on the 40 instead of the usual 110 or so

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 213 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.407 seconds