dcsimg

Winter Weather Survival Gear

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

My son is a roofer and he still has over a month of work to go . I sure don,t miss that job 🙂

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

This face mask may revolutionize my life. It has a heat exchanger in the mouth area. I am thinking I will have my hands on one of these before too long.

http://exmask.com/index.php

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You guys are just nuts???

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

This face mask may revolutionize my life. It has a heat exchanger in the mouth area. I am thinking I will have my hands on one of these before too long.

http://exmask.com/index.php

This definitely looks like an interesting mask! But I am not sure I want to see the price tag on it….

John – do you have any birds in your birdhouses over the winter? Maybe they need some winter survival gear 😛

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro

<P>This face mask may revolutionize my life. It has a heat exchanger in the mouth area. I am thinking I will have my hands on one of these before too long. </P>
    <P>http://exmask.com/index.php</P>

<P>This definitely looks like an interesting mask! But I am not sure I want to see the price tag on it….</P>
    <P>John – do you have any birds in your birdhouses over the winter? Maybe they need some winter survival gear :P </P>

I have lots of sparrows that stay in them all year round .That is who I build them for mainly.

Attachments:
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Layers, Layers, Layers. I’ve been fine with quilted flannel shirts and sweatshirts underneatt, long johns and nice boots. I grew up in cold places though, it helps.

These pretty much live in my trunk from December-March:

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/3049-red-wing-shoes/3049-red-wing-mens-17-inch-pac-boot-black

Also:

Extra gloves,hoodie,overalls, some water, and an external usb battery pack to keep the phone battery in top shape.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/3049-red-wing-shoes/3049-red-wing-mens-17-inch-pac-boot-black

Man Tom, those sure look like some cozy warm boots… Do you use them while working or simply to keep your feetsies warm?

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro

There is a guy who visits my neighbor everyday and no matter how cold it is out he always dresses in a t-shirt , shorts and flip flops .The guy is nuts !

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/3049-red-wing-shoes/3049-red-wing-mens-17-inch-pac-boot-black/quote

Man Tom, those sure look like some cozy warm boots… Do you use them while working or simply to keep your feetsies warm?

No way I could use them while working. The pic doesn’t even do it justice. These things are monsters! Practically go up to my knees. Just navagating through deep snow is enough to keep my feet warm in these. Probably overkill, but I figured it would be a once-in-a-lifetime buy unless I lost them.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wow all that stuff that you guys must wear looks crazy, I could never get used to that!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

There are times in the great white north, that crazy is the way to go. You either wear all that stuff or freeze.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is a guy who visits my neighbor everyday and no matter how cold it is out he always dresses in a t-shirt , shorts and flip flops .The guy is nuts !

I’m always the last one I know to start wearing pants every year, I just have a hard time giving up them summer shorts. I think it was in the lower 30’s this year when I finally hung em up

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I’m always the last one I know to start wearing pants every year, I just have a hard time giving up them summer shorts. I think it was in the lower 30′s this year when I finally hung em up

I also try to hold out until the bitter end. Its not that I don’t like wearing winter clothing its that there is some finality of summer that I cannot stand. Its supposed to get up to 37 this weekend so I am going to be rocking a tee shirt for sure!

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Also:

Extra gloves,hoodie,overalls, some water, and an external usb battery pack to keep the phone battery in top shape.

Those are nice boots, I have a pair I wear deer hunting – a pair of good wool socks and those and I’m good on the stand most of the day.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

I started stuffing the kids stockings at Christmas with survival gear- a folded Aluminum radiant blanket, waterproof matches, etc. I think they were getting to old for bandaids and lip balm anyway.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Got about 10″ of heavy snow this morning. I would say my ultimate winter award goes to my Ariens snowblower that hammered right through it. I had some drifts so tall they were over the intake.

Got about 10″ of heavy snow this morning. I would say my ultimate winter award goes to my Ariens snowblower that hammered right through it. I had some drifts so tall they were over the intake.

Yikes I only have a Toro snowblower but it does fine on another under 6-8″ of accumulation. 4-6″ is it’s sweet spot.

And Christmas vacations are great, but it is hard to come to 80 degree weather and then go back to 0…

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I started stuffing the kids stockings at Christmas with survival gear- a folded Aluminum radiant blanket, waterproof matches, etc. I think they were getting to old for bandaids and lip balm anyway.

I can’t say if this is evil or cool?

woodman_412

Yikes I only have a Toro snowblower but it does fine on another under 6-8″ of accumulation. 4-6″ is it’s sweet spot.

And Christmas vacations are great, but it is hard to come to 80 degree weather and then go back to 0…

I’ve been really happy with my new Poulan Pro snow blower. I’ve chewed through snow banks and drifts that were higher than the intake with no problems at all. It sure beats shoveling the whole driveway like I used to! I think the blower is definitely my #1 piece of gear to help me survive this snowy winter.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.770 seconds