dcsimg

Winter Weather Survival Gear

Viewing 13 posts - 261 through 273 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Depends on what type of ice fishing you do I’d imagine. The commercial cabin type is nice to do once a year, but I don’t particularly find the drilling a hole yourself and freeze your butt off waiting for a fish type relaxing. 😀

The 4 seasons we have here are

1. almost winter
    2. Winter
    3. Still winter
    4. Road construction

Man, here it’s “damn it’s hot”, “not too bad” and “man it’s freezing(at 60 degrees)”

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It would be neat to see a heated Bosch hoodie that used the 12v also.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Depends on what type of ice fishing you do I’d imagine. The commercial cabin type is nice to do once a year, but I don’t particularly find the drilling a hole yourself and freeze your butt off waiting for a fish type relaxing. 😀

lol thats why you go to one that has it dug for you!!! that makes it relaxing heh.

yah the dewalt heated hoodie looks and feels very nice, very high quality. It would be nice if bosch came out with one. sometimes you just don’t need the whole jacket maybe a sweater will do and it will have more maneuverability.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have to agree. I prefer to work in a hoodie. Would also be able to wear it under a heavy jacket when really cold out.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

lol thats why you go to one that has it dug for you!!! that makes it relaxing heh.

We have one of those ice fishing town (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainte-Anne-de-la-Pérade) about two hours away, during spawning season there are literally hundreds of huts on the river mouth and most of the time you can pull fish out as fast as you can. Definitely fun to rent a hut for a day with group of people once a year or two.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I have to agree. I prefer to work in a hoodie. Would also be able to wear it under a heavy jacket when really cold out.

The hoodie would be awesome for Fall!! I remember having the Milwaukee one for a few hours before it broke. It was comfy with a hood.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The hoodie would be awesome for Fall!! I remember having the Milwaukee one for a few hours before it broke. It was comfy with a hood.

why did it break? I am wondering with the amount of flex it may have stressed the heating cables to the point where it snapped.

Doobie

Hey here’s a question, can these heated coats be washed or dry cleaned?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It is said that the Bosch heated coat can be washed on delicate and hung to dry. I washed it on cold and dried in the dryer. Normally I wash in the washing machine on cold and hang dry though.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

It is said that the Bosch heated coat can be washed on delicate and hung to dry. I washed it on cold and dried in the dryer. Normally I wash in the washing machine on cold and hang dry though.

Thanks Chris. Unlike some guys, I wash my coats when needed.

I’ve got a friend who has a Leafs jacket that he has never washed that is disgustingly dirty that he wears like a badge of honour. It’s embarasing being with him when he wears it it’s so dirty. A grease rag looks cleaner.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

The dirt is bad, even worse is that smell when it’s raining a bit and they wear it inside. Like wet dog x10.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thanks Chris. Unlike some guys, I wash my coats when needed.

I’ve got a friend who has a Leafs jacket that he has never washed that is disgustingly dirty that he wears like a badge of honour. It’s embarasing being with him when he wears it it’s so dirty. A grease rag looks cleaner.

I hear you! I wear a windbreaker over it in the winter or a larger winter jacket when doing really dirty work.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 13 posts - 261 through 273 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.559 seconds