dcsimg

Winter Weather Survival Gear

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I use Redwing boots, I’ve had the same pair for 2 years now. I just got them factory resoled and no complaints. My feet never get cold and I work outside quite a bit.

Haven’t read this all the way through, did anyone mention CR or gentle man jack yet?

Going to try to go and look at some Keen boots tomorrow. My soles are so thin it was hard to walk across the clumpy snow when it froze and the tops fall over the boots almost look flat on the floor. Think it’s time.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

All I know about the baffins is they keep your feet warm. Out here at -35 it’s what I saw in the i patch. Lots of guys tried other boots and almost always ended up with a pair.

I have the lined rubber boot style and love them.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

All I know about the baffins is they keep your feet warm. Out here at -35 it’s what I saw in the i patch. Lots of guys tried other boots and almost always ended up with a pair.

I have the lined rubber boot style and love them.

A lot of them wind up going with the Polar series? That is some serious cold! The Kamiks I have are rated to -40 f – for the winters we get that is more than good. If I had to deal with your winters I would spring for the Baffin Polar boots – I hate my feet being cold!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I use Redwing boots, I’ve had the same pair for 2 years now. I just got them factory resoled and no complaints. My feet never get cold and I work outside quite a bit.

i’ve heard good things about redwing boots.

I know it’s not winter, but the best time to get deals is in the off season!

I’ve worn Kamik boots for several years in the winter. I don’t wear them everyday, mostly really cold days or if there is snow/slush on the ground. They are nice boots, hold up well, and are extremely warm and comfortable.

http://www.kamik.com/b2c_us_en/men-boots-industrial/hunter2-17849.html

My wife shot a documentary in Alaska and Canada in Kamiks and they lasted her years after that. We just bought her a new pair and she loves them.

After the zipper on my favorite outdoor work jacket gave up the ghost, I bought this Cat jacket: http://www.amazon.com/Caterpillar-C1313056-INSUL-TWILL-Jackets/dp/B00GH2ZFRS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

It was very warm through several Chicago blizzards and even tromping around the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in sub-zero temperatures.

Really miss the U.P, great country. Don’t know if I;m ready to talk cold yet, still warming up from last winter.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I know it’s not winter, but the best time to get deals is in the off season!

I’ve worn Kamik boots for several years in the winter. I don’t wear them everyday, mostly really cold days or if there is snow/slush on the ground. They are nice boots, hold up well, and are extremely warm and comfortable.

http://www.kamik.com/b2c_us_en/men-boots-industrial/hunter2-17849.html

My wife shot a documentary in Alaska and Canada in Kamiks and they lasted her years after that. We just bought her a new pair and she loves them.

After the zipper on my favorite outdoor work jacket gave up the ghost, I bought this Cat jacket: http://www.amazon.com/Caterpillar-C1313056-INSUL-TWILL-Jackets/dp/B00GH2ZFRS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

It was very warm through several Chicago blizzards and even tromping around the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in sub-zero temperatures.

if you don’t mind me asking, what was the documentary ?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have a CAT jacket too that is warm. Between that my Bosch Jacket, and the Carhart jacket I have, I don’t get cold. It really doesn’t get that cold here though.

The one I have looks like this:

You should protect ears, noses, hands and feet from frostbite. Hats and neck gaiters help avoid heat loss and prevent frostbite. When hard hats are required, consider the MSA Safety Works Hard Hat Winter liner, which is a soft, two-ply liner that fits inside any hard hat. Waterproofed, insulated work boots with slip-resistant soles and extra tread offer protection against cold, and slippery and wet surface – See more at: http://www.proconstructionguide.com/extreme-temperatures/

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

When you are out in middle of nowhere the best insulation is Primaloft/synthetic down. When dry it’s not as warm as down, but if it gets wet down is less than useless while synthetic retains 70% of its insulation. There was once I was lost in waist deep snow in -20C, if I had down on I’d be in serious trouble since I was squeezing water out of my insulation jacket when I finally got out of it.

Doobie

Let’s stop this wintery subject matter! Don’t want to awaken Old Man Winter early now, do we?

😉

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Let’s stop this wintery subject matter! Don’t want to awaken Old Man Winter early now, do we?

😉

Apparently we are suppose to have a warm winter this year. Then again they said that last year too and it turned out to be one of the coldest.

Winter weather survival gear?,,,,,,,,,,,A trip to Dirty’s area for the winter.

A wise man once said “think winter in the summer…think summer in the winter. It’s what ants do”

The ant philosophy

A wise man once said “think winter in the summer…think summer in the winter. It’s what ants do”

The ant philosophy

I know that you and that man are right. After the winter we had and the monsoon summer I am going the ” Live for the day” philosophy

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I wouldn’t mind warmer boots. I kind of can’t wait for winter as I’ve got my bosch heated jacket and haven’t had the chance to really put it to the test.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I wouldn’t mind warmer boots. I kind of can’t wait for winter as I’ve got my bosch heated jacket and haven’t had the chance to really put it to the test.

Well there’s always the walk in freezer. 😀

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The ant philosophy

The ants in our kitchen don’t ever think about winter…

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I have a CAT jacket too that is warm. Between that my Bosch Jacket, and the Carhart jacket I have, I don’t get cold. It really doesn’t get that cold here though.

The one I have looks like this:

Ohhh, I really like that jacket. I’ve been a fan of CAT work wear for a couple years now and have never seen the Winter jackets. I have a great hoodie from them.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.715 seconds