dcsimg

Winter Weather Survival Gear

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 273 total)
  • Author

Apart from the work socks we have been talking about, and all those new heated jackets, what do you use to survive the winters?

If you live in a place that doesn’t get below freezing, that is awesome – how do you celebrate during the winters? 😛

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I typically have multiple layers and a good head covering. one i can wear around my neck or as a whole head mask. I dont like heavy overalls so i tend to go with 2 – 3 layers on my legs also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I celebrate winters by hanging out in my garage with the heater on, It’s good to about -40 🙂

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Hot chocolate, Hot tea, blankets and jigsaw puzzles. I like jigsaw puzzles, so does my wife and granddaughter. Really good together time and it passes the long evenings.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I layer up and have a good polypropylene wicking base layer to keep the sweat off my body. I also wear high grip YakTrax if its icy out.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Hey Jason,

Use your moderator super powers and make the duplicate post disappear 🙂 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess there’s no better time to learn how to do that then on his own posts Hahahahha. Oooops, Unless he does mine too LOL

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Everything may disappear Boyd. Dust in the wind like.

I typically have multiple layers and a good head covering. one i can wear around my neck or as a whole head mask. I dont like heavy overalls so i tend to go with 2 – 3 layers on my legs also.

I have a face mask as well but I find that all my breathing eventually gets it wet right where my nose/mouth are which is never fun 🙁

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I have a face mask as well but I find that all my breathing eventually gets it wet right where my nose/mouth are which is never fun :(

I can’t wear a full face mask because of how wet it gets. I find that it just gets nasty and colder.

If I have to be out in the cold for a really long time I will throw some heat pouches in my pockets. It makes me mentally think that I am warmer than I really am.

Attachments:
    jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I just ordered a pair of the duluth trading company fire hose overalls for this winter..I am pretty stoked..I also ordered the knee pads to come along…didnt even know duluth was into that game with work pants. I am a big fan of overalls. They provide a little extra room for long johns and makes the waist line a little easier. I also like the added layer over your core..helps keep warm

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-pants/mens-overalls/18102.aspx

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Extra gloves, hat, shovel, sawdust and towrope go in the vehicle just in case.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Shorts and a T-shirt

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Dirty, don’t forget the sun tan lotion 🙂

Extra gloves, hat, shovel, sawdust and towrope go in the vehicle just in case.

Good thoughts Lon. I always try to have a blanket, some sort of food, and a shovel in the car/trunk just in case when I know I will be driving around a good amount and the weather is nasty.

It sounds like most of you guys have jobs inside rather than outside during the winter… Definitely the way to go 🙂 haha

John S

My Boy Scout days taught me to “Be Prepared” 🙂

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am ready for winter , Bring it on ! 🙂

Attachments:

Spoken like a true Canadian John! However, you don’t have to send it south. 🙂

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

This is what we got this morning already

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

looks good, fresh snow is always cool to see how everything is clean and covered, snow would be great if I could stay inside all winter. however, once I am out in it, all the fun goes away and I start to dream of spring again.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.600 seconds