dcsimg

Winter doldrums

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

I don’t need a client with a tax rebate, I want one with a trust fund.<BR>Aim High!

This goes in the philosophical quotes thread, too!

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I don’t need a client with a tax rebate, I want one with a trust fund.
    Aim High!

Nothing better than a customer with an unlimited budget! I think…I’ve never had one of those so I don’t really know. lol

Work has been pretty slow here too. I have turned down a couple projects because they were people looking for rock bottom prices and duct tape fixes…not my thing. I had a big basement remodel lined up but the HO is looking at transferring out of state so it got put on hold for now…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I had a ton of stuff lined up before the holidays, but a bunch of people decided to cancel.

I got a referral for a large house remodel (kitchen, bath, master suite) but they are still waiting on drawings to get to me so I can price it out.

I’ve been trying to pick up work as a finish carpentry sub, but that’s been beyond frustrating. Being at the mercy of someone else’s schedule and planning flaws is terrible.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I’ve been trying to pick up work as a finish carpentry sub, but that’s been beyond frustrating. Being at the mercy of someone else’s schedule and planning flaws is terrible.

I tried going the trim sub route 2 years or so ago – to much the same results. It seemed like the guys who were looking a trim sub couldn’t schedule a job to save their life and the GC’s who could schedule and had a good workload already had a trim guy they used…I pretty much gave up on the idea. I have one builder who calls me to do stairs or some crown for him but he builds 2, sometimes 3 houses a year…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I tried going the trim sub route 2 years or so ago – to much the same results. It seemed like the guys who were looking a trim sub couldn’t schedule a job to save their life and the GC’s who could schedule and had a good workload already had a trim guy they used…I pretty much gave up on the idea. I have one builder who calls me to do stairs or some crown for him but he builds 2, sometimes 3 houses a year…

Yeah it doesn’t seem as smart as I thought it was. I just went to look at doing some doors and trim for a remodeler who bills himself as quite the big deal. He was trying to get away with re using old trim (just 1×4 casing with 5/4 at the header), I told him i won’t run old stock through my machines. All his framing was done with drywall screws. I asked about timeline because it looked like he was a few weeks out, and he said it was more like months! I guess he does all the mechanicals himself somehow…

I’m kinda sitting on my heels right now because I was supposed to trim out a new build, but they guy there is dropping the ball with the scheduling. I’d love to do it and make it work though. Trim and stair work is some of my favorite stuff to do.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Looks like I spoke a bit too soon regarding facebook leads. I just got a message on their from someone who wants some shelving in their bar.

Ha, one lead in the two years I’ve had it up!

Looks like I spoke a bit too soon regarding facebook leads. I just got a message on their from someone who wants some shelving in their bar.

Maybe they seen this thread .

Always willing to learn .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Maybe they seen this thread .

Might explain why they think they can get it done with the budget they gave me!

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

We try to use our slow times to brainstorm to figure out ways to improve all aspects of the company.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We try to use our slow times to brainstorm to figure out ways to improve all aspects of the company.

That sounds like a good idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.352 seconds