dcsimg

Winter doldrums

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Hows business for the rest of you guys right now? I’m pretty slow right now, I was this time last year too. What do you guys do to drum of business this time of year?

I keep on saying I’m gonna get my finances in order enough to get an investment property to work on through the winter. I should probably finish my own house first though.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

pretty slow here as well. Mostly I just work on crafts/hobbies to sell come spring to make up for lost income

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Thats not a bad idea, what kind of crafts do you sell?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve got a regular 9-5, but what little bit of side work I had has dried up. I’m thinking of generating a Facebook page and trying to drum up some jobs.

Anyone have any tips?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Houzz has led to more leads than facebook for me.

I always start getting calls from home advisor this time of year. They somehow get me when I’m desperate and I nearly sign up. Luckily a quick look their page on the BBB sets my mind straight!

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am as slow as I want to be for now so I can spend some time renovating my house . Things will pick for me as soon as the snow starts melting .

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I’ve also been emailing past clients over the past few days trying to drum some stuff up. Hopefully that works…

I’ve got a regular 9-5, but what little bit of side work I had has dried up. I’m thinking of generating a Facebook page and trying to drum up some jobs.

Anyone have any tips?

Facebook helps make your company be more legit and social media brings likes of projects no really a lead place in my mind . Most people i know on it hate the adds from business.,

Always willing to learn .

Hows business for the rest of you guys right now? I’m pretty slow right now, I was this time last year too. What do you guys do to drum of business this time of year?

I keep on saying I’m gonna get my finances in order enough to get an investment property to work on through the winter. I should probably finish my own house first though.

It happens to a lot of us contractors this time of year . Once people get there tax checks usually the start calling for things to be done .

staker
    Pro

Its been slow since the cold came, and starts to get busy when it warms up. I need to find a few more building to do maintenance to pick up the pace.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Houzz has led to more leads than facebook for me.

Thanks for the info. I’ll have to check out Houzz.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

I don’t need a client with a tax rebate, I want one with a trust fund.
    Aim High!

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Aim High!

Ha! I think that’s part of why I’m slow actually. I’ve been working on rebranding and trying to market myself to high end clients. I haven’t really been taking the lower quality jobs like I used to.

Aim High!

Trust funds are the shizz neat .

Aim High!

Ha! I think that’s part of why I’m slow actually. I’ve been working on rebranding and trying to market myself to high end clients. I haven’t really been taking the lower quality jobs like I used to.

Lower quality being repairs , doors and windows or kicthens and baths .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

things are starting to pick up, we have two on the go one of which is bigger in scale and were in the finish stages of things, the other job started 2 weeks ago.. the killer has been the weather here . its not holding up the work directly as its mostly all inside work but the ability to get to work as the roads are a nightmare.. as of monday the police issued what i think was the 3rd “stay off the roads for your safety” statment this month with otherdays nearly being that bad

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

Construction work is at a standstill for me.
    5 feet of snow..

plowing and clearing roofs, that’s it for now..

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Aim High!

Just the low budget make it work type stuff that drives me crazy.

Aim High!

Just the low budget make it work type stuff that drives me crazy.

Yay those clients are terrible.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Yeah they really are. If someone doesn’t want to put in the money to do it right, and make it nice, then it’s not worth my time.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.485 seconds