dcsimg

Windows 10

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I don’t like that icon. Why do they care if I upgrade??

So they can sell you apps. Windows 10 will be like your smart phone, instead of installing programs you will install apps which you will get that the Microsoft store as well as other outlets. It is working for Apple and Google now Microsoft wants in too.

that’ll be nice, hopefully it doesn’t turn in to a adobe fiasco. where you basically rent the app for exorbitant prices.

What is the Adobe fiasco? I don’t think I have heard anything about this.

you basically rent the program and its not a pay once. They end up adding a whole ton of stuff to make sure it is the only copy you are using and the whole thing gets bloated. I refused to use anything by them other then pdf viewer or something which is free for now.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Adobe has gotten ridiculous with their marketing strategy. I would love to have the full program but it is out of reach for just occasional use.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

you basically rent the program and its not a pay once. They end up adding a whole ton of stuff to make sure it is the only copy you are using and the whole thing gets bloated. I refused to use anything by them other then pdf viewer or something which is free for now.

Adobe has gotten ridiculous with their marketing strategy. I would love to have the full program but it is out of reach for just occasional use.

AutoCAD has basically went the same route. They are really trying to curb piracy with a lot of cloud licensing.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

KenW
    Pro

I don’t mind win10. It is faster then win8.1 was. Microsoft has moved a bunch of setting locations, but a google search will let you find them easy enough.

Windows 10 is reputed to be the ‘last’ windows OS. But they said the same thing about 3G at verizon a few years back LOL. I am curious how this version will impact cost for individuals and business.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

We’ll see, if they turned windows into for rent it’s gonna be interesting how it’ll work out.

Actually didn’t MS try it once years ago, or at least floated the idea, but backed down quickly?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They are really trying to curb piracy with a lot of cloud licensing.

That’s fine but in the process it is the loyal users (customers) that are being penalized. I’d like the buy the software at a reasonable price and then use it for 3-5 years before upgrading. My only option now is either a ridiculous price to buy or a monthly rental charge. Why penalize your customers for the actions of the scofflaws who are ripping you off.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

For people who hate how the settings are all over the place, you may find god mode (or jedi mode, or whatever you want to name it) helpful.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/enabling-godmode-windows-10

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Haven’t read all 10 pages, but will quick books 2013 “Contractor”
    Work with windows 10?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That’s fine but in the process it is the loyal users (customers) that are being penalized. I’d like the buy the software at a reasonable price and then use it for 3-5 years before upgrading. My only option now is either a ridiculous price to buy or a monthly rental charge. Why penalize your customers for the actions of the scofflaws who are ripping you off.

thats the thing, they impact those they can. it just sucks for the legit users that have to deal with it. They can’t really impact the piracy guys but the programmers gotta show the boss they are doing something and it could be a way to make a little more guaranteed lazy money by making you pay every month.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

thats the thing, they impact those they can. it just sucks for the legit users that have to deal with it. They can’t really impact the piracy guys but the programmers gotta show the boss they are doing something and it could be a way to make a little more guaranteed lazy money by making you pay every month.

Exactly, hence my earlier comments on it’s easier to use a pirated version.

I have a legit copy of office 2013 that came with my tablet, if I wanted to move it to my laptop I’d have to spend hours on the phone with MS, actually I’m not sure if they’ll let me even then since it’s an OEM copy.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I have a legit copy of office 2013 that came with my tablet, if I wanted to move it to my laptop I’d have to spend hours on the phone with MS, actually I’m not sure if they’ll let me even then since it’s an OEM copy.

Hate when software companies do this.
    On some of my machines I have opted to install Ubuntu and use OpenOffice.

— Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Once again penalizing loyal customers for actions beyond their control. Heck of a marketing strategy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Haven’t read all 10 pages, but will quick books 2013 “Contractor”
    Work with windows 10?

He you go. It looks like no.
    http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/INF28166

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Once again penalizing loyal customers for actions beyond their control. Heck of a marketing strategy.

lol it is done in all different markets, like the cable company. Oh we are losing customers, what should we do. Oh yah raise prices to cover the leakage. Ohh we are losing even more to netflix well we will make a new netflix like channel and charge people for it.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Windows 10 has changed to recommended update as of today, remember to disable automatic update if you don’t want to upgrade from win7/8.1.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Windows 10 has changed to recommended update as of today, remember to disable automatic update if you don’t want to upgrade from win7/8.1.

Thanks!! A sneaky move by MS!

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’ll have to check the one laptop that I haven’t upgraded yet.

ThanX

— Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You have to be careful. I am happy with Windows 7. No need to upgrade if it is working.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I just got a new computer a few days ago and it has windows 10 , it is way better than windows 8.1 It really isn’t bad at all .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Has anyone used DoNotSpy10 to disable the undesirable features of 10? Are there others available that do the same thing?

http://pxc-coding.com/portfolio/donotspy10/

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.658 seconds