dcsimg

Windows 10

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 237 total)
  • Author

Just checking to see who’s going to test it out for us. I’m not interested one bit in hearing any debate about osx or anything. Both work fine, they all have their crap to deal with.

I never went with Win 8 or 8.1. I seem to hold off just a little to see what everyone says first, then go when all the bugs are worked out some. 8 sounded like a nightmare. 8.1 seemed to have decent reviews. I like 7, but it is getting bloated with all the updates.

I think it’s just about time for me to build a computer with some nice SSD’s in Raid0 to get a smoking fast computer. My main program I use for design work takes FOREVER to load, and has it’s hiccups while working. I think I am just underpowered atm.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I wont be getting it unless I have to , I still haven’t figured out windows 8 yet 🙂

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i keep getting notifications on my taskbar to update to 10 but cant be bothered… my current pc is running windows 7,, ill wait til this thing either dies or just gets so badly bogged down i have to upgrade

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I’m waiting for notification on my laptop and desktop. Not sure if I’ll up my tablet yet, since win 8.1 is actually quite nice for a touchscreen OS.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

i keep getting notifications on my taskbar to update to 10 but cant be bothered… my current pc is running windows 7,, ill wait til this thing either dies or just gets so badly bogged down i have to upgrade

Depends on how long you will keep your computer, upping to 10 will give you a few more years of compatibility. Mainstream support for 7 has already ended early this year and all support will cease by 2020.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I really like windows 7 and just bought a new computer about 8 months ago with windows 7 on it. I played with 8 and I was lost. I keep getting things that say I can upgrade to 10 for free but I like what I have for now. I’m not a wiz with computers as it is.

I am so far behind the times, I was happy with XP. I have 7, think I will stick with it since I haven’t learned it yet.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I really like windows 7 and just bought a new computer about 8 months ago with windows 7 on it. I played with 8 and I was lost. I keep getting things that say I can upgrade to 10 for free but I like what I have for now. I’m not a wiz with computers as it is.

Oof, you will receive no more security updatesin 5 years. Honestly I think you should upgrade, your current computer should have a recovery partition to restore it back to win 7 if you really hate 10. And after you upgrade you should make a recovery back up to a USB drive, so after a few years when your computer is loaded up and slow you can wipe it clean and start from scratch.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I like Windows 7 and will stick with it as long as I can. I know that will be tough as new computers will come loaded with Windows 10 and at some point getting legacy copies of Windows 7 will be difficult.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve been playing with 10 for a few days, on parallels on my Mac. So far, so good. Faster than 7, less 8-like then 8.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I just upgraded the wife’s laptop. It seems OK. There was a couple of glitches particular to her computer. It was a huge pain to get hold of support and get it fixed, but all seems OK now.

2 things…..turn off WIFI sense….it sends an encrypted version of your home network password to as many people as it can (outlook, facebook, etc),

Cortana (the assistant) tracks everything you do so it can make your experience more enjoyable (read: collects data about you and your habits for ads etc) so that can be turned off too.

Not too hard to change the default browser back to what you want, but it will change it to Edge when it installs.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I upgraded my machines, and I have been very happy so far< I think it is a better transition for most people from Win7, and it will be a free upgrade for the first year. I encourage you to go for it.

Will

I upgraded my machines, and I have been very happy so far< I think it is a better transition for most people from Win7, and it will be a free upgrade for the first year. I encourage you to go for it.

I agree. No point in doing 8/8.1. Skip it and go direct to 10. Just like Vista between XP and 7.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Guess I am going to have to give it a spin shortly. Having tried almost every Window’s version there is no point to stop now.

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

My laptop got a notification the other day about this. I rarely use the thing, so I doubt I’d bother upgrading.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t get any notification.
    I will wait till It gets to 10.1 then maybe update.

I’m going to wait a little while until I get more feedback. I have a couple of old laptops I want to convert though. Maybe I’ll play around with them first as guinea pigs.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’m going to wait a little while until I get more feedback. I have a couple of old laptops I want to convert though. Maybe I’ll play around with them first as guinea pigs.

Your going to have to make up your mind MaukaRunner. lol

Montreal_Medic Thanks Eric! Logging on to Microsoft now to download Windows 10. Lets see if I can get it to work on my laptops.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Best idea, let them work out the inevitable bugs before downloading.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Best idea, let them work out the inevitable bugs before downloading.

That’s what I think I’m going to do as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.748 seconds