dcsimg

Windfall of Cedar

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

The health club that I belong to is in the process of redoing their sauna, as well as some other parts of the locker room. This means that they are ripping out the old cedar and putting in new cedar. I asked the manager if I could have any of the old wood, and he agreed to let me come by when they had started. Well, today the wood was removed, and here’s a few pictures of what I came away with. I see some Adirondack chairs in my future!

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

What a nice score! You could also make some nice birdhouses with all that cedar!

Nice pick up. Well worth the gas, and a lot more

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s awesome! How much more will they have for you?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The health club that I belong to is in the process of redoing their sauna, as well as some other parts of the locker room. This means that they are ripping out the old cedar and putting in new cedar. I asked the manager if I could have any of the old wood, and he agreed to let me come by when they had started. Well, today the wood was removed, and here’s a few pictures of what I came away with. I see some Adirondack chairs in my future!

Whoa, thats a lot of chairs! Good score!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

thats a nice little haul

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

What a nice score! You could also make some nice birdhouses with all that cedar!

I was thinking the same thing 🙂 There are a couple good sized houses there .

@cranbrook2 will show you what to do with any extra wood. His birdhouses are spectacular. Looks like you will have plenty of good stuff to work with.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

That’s awesome MrFid! Any ideas how your going to use it?

A Working Pro since 2004

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Great deal! I love it when I can get to re use things! Congrats, you ought to be able to make a few nice projects from that.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Very nice score, probably old growth cedar too.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

MrFid great score on the wood. Can’t wait to see what you turn it into.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Great deal! Enough wood for tables and other accessories too.
    Around here the chairs are as likely to be called “Muskoka” chairs, after a cottage area north-east of Georgian Bay. Any other regional names?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Nice score on the cedar, can’t wait to see the Adirondack chairs you build.

First thought was @cranbrook2, he’d love to get his hands on that cedar to make birdhouses.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I see some Adirondack chairs in my future!

Very nice score on the free cedar.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nice looking load of cedar. And you can’t beat the price.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

the price is right, and what plans do you have in mind just adirondack chairs?

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

First thought was @cranbrook2, he’d love to get his hands on that cedar to make birdhouses.

I have a huge pile of T&G wood in my shed . it is 80 year old hemlock . Same wood as this !

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Thanks all. I plan to make a set of Adirondack chairs, and probably give two chairs back to the club as a thank you. There are some spectacular birdhouses around here! I am not sure if they’re redoing the women’s sauna as well (that may not get as much use as the men’s does but I don’t know), but if/when they are I plan on getting as much of that as I can. The other location already redid theirs, and a friend of mine who goes to that one got their load. Haven’t heard of them called Muskoka chairs, but it makes sense that the name would be regional. Never done an Adirondack chair (or whatever you wanna call them :)) but built plenty of chairs. Should be a different challenge for me. Maybe a summer project. I’ll definitely post here when they’re done.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I have a huge pile of T&G wood in my shed . it is 80 year old hemlock . Same wood as this !

Super site @cranbrook2. I might have to order a set of plans from you. Beautiful work!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.474 seconds