dcsimg

Will I need 1 more battery platform?

This topic contains 68 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Doobie

I just went and ordered a Makita 18V trimmer kit today, so I’m finally on the Makita 18V platform. It’s been a long time coming and my current trimmer is showing signs of dying, so what the heck.

https://www.makita.com.au/power-garden/platforms/18v-18vx2/trimmers/dur364lz

Couldn’t pass up the deal.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just went and ordered a Makita 18V trimmer kit today, so I’m finally on the Makita 18V platform. It’s been a long time coming and my current trimmer is showing signs of dying, so what the heck.

Did you get 5.0ah batteries or 6.0ah batteries?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Good question….I can’t find nothing that tells me what amperage batteries comes with that. This pic isn’t clear enough to tell and normally the tool is sold bare with the batteries and duo charger being special promo items, I simply don’t know at this point. You know your Makita stuff, can you tell from looking at that pic?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Well looks like I have an Ego problem 😮
    I have the Bosch ni-cad plane and battery, plus the Bosch lithium,
    Skil cordless ratchet, and the Ryobi lawn edger string trimmer and blower,
    Now I have the ego lawnmower, yup, after using it today, I’m sold, Going to buy the string trimmer this weekend amazing lawnmower
    And I’m seriously considering the new Milwaukee table saw, been reading about it, and watching videos, looks good.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

This something I would like to have. I have a Sthil gas weed eater. It does work good. I usually mix up 1/2 gallon gas a year never use it as my yard is small.

I am also happy to be a part of the 18V Bosch platform.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Now I have the ego lawnmower, yup, after using it today, I’m sold, Going to buy the string trimmer this weekend amazing lawnmower
    And I’m seriously considering the new Milwaukee table saw, been reading about it, and watching videos, looks good.

Told you 🙂

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Told you 🙂

Oh man for sure, can’t believe that difference in the noise,
    Glad I didn’t go for the Ryobi, even though I’m sure it’s good

I can’t believe that runtime, very impressive. Right now at home depot, they have a special, I’m going to buy the string trimmer, and they will give me a free battery pack, this way, later this year, I’ll buy the bare tool of the chainsaw, or hedge trimmer 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Good question….I can’t find nothing that tells me what amperage batteries comes with that. This pic isn’t clear enough to tell and normally the tool is sold bare with the batteries and duo charger being special promo items, I simply don’t know at this point. You know your Makita stuff, can you tell from looking at that pic?

More than likly the 5.0ah that comes in a kit with the double charger.
    I think it’s this one..

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

More than likly the 5.0ah that comes in a kit with the double charger.
    I think it’s this one..

I hope so. They had other Makita tools with the bonus battery kit that showed 3.0 or 4.0 batteries, but this one it didn’t say.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.383 seconds