dcsimg

Will I need 1 more battery platform?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Nice to see the technology finally picking up and helping us leave the hoses behind. Agreed with other posters that it’s too bad it’s a Ryobi.

A Working Pro since 2004

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I would like to get the Dewalt hoseless framing gun. Still debating. Because I still need a compressor on all my jobs for the TC-G clips I’m not sure if it makes sense

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well I am now into my 4th battery platform now. I now have 3 Ridgid 18volt tools and to be very honest I like them all.
    I did just sold off a Ridgid ¼ sheet sander corded and hope to sell a corded OMT today. Looking to upgrade to some new 18volt Ridgid tools.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I would love a cordless 18 gauge nailer that does not need a cartridge. My King (Performax) brand does the job, but hauling around the compressor is a pain as is dealing with the hose.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I did just sold off a Ridgid ¼ sheet sander corded and hope to sell a corded OMT today. Looking to upgrade to some new 18volt Ridgid tools.

Nice that you are able to convert older corded tools into cordless tools by selling the old ones off. Which 18V RIDGID tools are you planning to get?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It’s amazing how far the battery technology goes nowadays.
    same power as corded tools – never would have expected that few years ago.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s amazing how far the battery technology goes nowadays.
    same power as corded tools – never would have expected that few years ago.

And with the new batteries like the CORE they will soon have more power than a corded tool and that will really be amazing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

From what I read, cordless nailers are still an evolving beast. No one seems to have got it right yet Maybe the next round of tool intros will give us what we want.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

From what I read, cordless nailers are still an evolving beast. No one seems to have got it right yet Maybe the next round of tool intros will give us what we want.

Maybe thats the real reason for the cordless compressor. Removing the engineering problems by powering an air tank instead of the tool itself

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Well I am now into my 4th battery platform now. I now have 3 Ridgid 18volt tools and to be very honest I like them all.

I keep looking at the Ridgid line up. Man with there warranty and tools available it makes them very tempting.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have to say I am also eyeing ridgid and ryobi, I really like the innovations they put out and the variety of tools they are willing to invest time and energy in to.

I have to say I am also eyeing ridgid and ryobi, I really like the innovations they put out and the variety of tools they are willing to invest time and energy in to.

Same here, I like the ridgid cordless nailers, plus the belt sander they came out with,

@JimDaddyO I have been very happy with my king nailers, 16 /18 gauge and the 28 degree framing nail gun. But would like a cordless for sure, and the convenience of not having to drag out a hose and start the compressors.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

uhhhhh king canada nailers… they havent blown up in your face or leave massive holes that you can drive your truck through???? i guess im fussy about nail gun perfomance i hate dealing with finicky nailers

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

uhhhhh king canada nailers… they havent blown up in your face or leave massive holes that you can drive your truck through???? i guess im fussy about nail gun perfomance i hate dealing with finicky nailers

Yeah that framing nailer is hard to plug the holes it leaves behind 😉
    Actually they are not all that bad,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice that you are able to convert older corded tools into cordless tools by selling the old ones off. Which 18V RIDGID tools are you planning to get?

The 18volt router comes to mind first. I need a new blower too.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I keep looking at the Ridgid line up. Man with there warranty and tools available it makes them very tempting.

Do you have a local home depot?? If so is there a TTI rep in there??

Dirty

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn
    ronw wrote:

No TTI rep in the store.
    I checked again today while picking up a few things.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have 2 HDs about the same distance away from me about 2 miles and they could not be more different. The one is friendly and organized the other good luck finding any help. The tool section at the friendly store is wel stocked and has a guy that really knows tools. I’ll ask if the there is a TTI rep there.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have 2 HDs about the same distance away from me about 2 miles and they could not be more different. The one is friendly and organized the other good luck finding any help. The tool section at the friendly store is wel stocked and has a guy that really knows tools. I’ll ask if the there is a TTI rep there.

I have never seen a rep of any company at a Home Depot

At ours – no idea if this is normal for all HDs – the guys worth talking to have a trade and a number of years written next to their name on the apron.

So you can see Phil (finish carpenter, 28 years) or just some random guy without anything written beyond his name. I find that at least half of the semi-retired guys working there are experts in something. The kids are just hoping nobody asks them anything, and the non-trades adult employees are hit-or-miss

Clev08
    Pro

I have never seen a rep of any company at a Home Depot

At ours – no idea if this is normal for all HDs – the guys worth talking to have a trade and a number of years written next to their name on the apron.

So you can see Phil (finish carpenter, 28 years) or just some random guy without anything written beyond his name. I find that at least half of the semi-retired guys working there are experts in something. The kids are just hoping nobody asks them anything, and the non-trades adult employees are hit-or-miss

Not TTI reps at my HD either. There used to be a really good contractor supply warehouse and lumberyard in town that did really well, but the national chain went under… All the workers were former tradesmen and knew their stuff, they just didn’t compete with the big box store’s prices.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.450 seconds