dcsimg

Will I need 1 more battery platform?

This topic contains 68 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Will I need 1 more battery platform? I see here on the
    Ryobi P325 Airstrike Nailer Review that TTI has 2 sizes of trim guns on the market that run on a battery only. No fuel cell. I know I Fix has said good things about the 18ga. gun and I’d love a cordless trim gun. I see one on the list but Bosch only has one size out and that will never do.
    http://homefixated.com/ryobi-p325-16-gauge-airstrike-nailer-review/

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

redwood
    Pro

I’m sorry, it’s a Ryobi, so no. Homeowner grade.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

No argument from me on that point. I’d say hang in there Dirty because more makes and models should be coming down the road.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No argument from me on that point. I’d say hang in there Dirty because more makes and models should be coming down the road.

I’ve been hanging and dragging hoses for years now. I’m just sick of it. I keep hoping Makita will bust a move on these guns. They have some NAINA I think?

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

What’s NAINA?

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I wonder why festool doesn’t make a finish gun.

What’s NAINA?

Not available in North America

Can’t say I would look hard at a Ryobi either, but we could all be wrong. Maybe for ocaasional use it would be fine…

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

What’s NAINA?

Not available in North America

Can’t say I would look hard at a Ryobi either, but we could all be wrong. Maybe for ocaasional use it would be fine…

Occasional use it should be fine but I wouldn’t do a whole home with one. Then again I’ve never used one but I’ve used their drills and they are crap.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t think I’ll run out annnnd abuy 1/

Dirty

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I don’t think I’ll run out annnnd abuy 1/

Probably for the best.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Try this out and let us know.

https://www.newyorkpowertools.com/product.php?productid=2481

Wow they are proud of that little gun.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

My brother bought the Ryobi Airstrike to use for little projects – he is a cop not a carpenter so it was for limited use. He said that the third time he used it the gun just quit working, they replaced it and the new one did the same thing after about two months.

I drug hoses and compressors around for years before I finally broke down and bought a Paslode off Ebay – one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

It sounds like you are still making the wise choice by holding off Dirty, and I definitely agree with Lon – surely there are other companies who have more cordless nailers in the works than Ryobi. You definitely will want a pro grade tool.

Do you not like the idea of a paslode nailer because of the extra costs from the gas canisters?

John S

I’ve got to hope that Dewalt is going to be converting their trim guns over to the new 20v line soon. I have the battery framing gun and I LOVE that thing.

Having to buy gas cartridges is dumb, I’ve never bought a paslode because I think that’s just lame.

Built a CO2 setup for the quick jobs, you can be in and out with one of those and you won’t have to buy any new guns, it’ll work with everything you already own.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The bosh unit looks ok. It I think your right in waiting. New stuff has to be coming this winter for this stuff. I am sure the big companies will come out with more options.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I think I would pass on the Ryobi also. I think Makita will add the pinner to their regular lineup as other manufacturers do. I thimk the pricing will gwt better also. We are mostly air and I dont see a battery gun keeping up on the jobsite. For me they seemo like small job guns and jwe have a Paslode we bought several years ago for that.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think that battery nailers are kind of new still in the big picture. If the Bosch 18V (or any companies) nailer kicks off and starts selling like hot cakes, then I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t expand to other gauge nails. I think that there are just too many out there that are keeping what they know. Just a thought.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I’d wait if it was going to be everyday use. But I know people who is ryobi for loners or newbies. They are cheap in both price and quality so it doesn’t matter if it breaks down the road

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Try this out and let us know.

https://www.newyorkpowertools.com/product.php?productid=2481

It’s a 23ga. the least used trim gun for me.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.483 seconds