dcsimg

Who's thinking about the guy using the tool?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@montreal_medic I seem to remember seeing a bunch of new offerings coming out of the Ryobi line recently – there was even a garage door motor with all sorts of attachments that Kruger Construction showed off a few months ago – had a radio and compressor I think…possibly a laser sensor for telling your car when it got too close to the wall too I think. But I saw the glue gun too, and I think they have a cordless nailer now as well. I’m not keeping up to date as much with them, but every once in a while I see some of their new stuff floating around on IG.

In other news, I left the battery on my string trimmer all winter long in the shop. Pulled it down this weekend and it did the whole yard no problem.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

In other news, I left the battery on my string trimmer all winter long in the shop. Pulled it down this weekend and it did the whole yard no problem.

LithIon batteries have a 3 year shelf life without losing a charge so a few months is no problem for them. Manufactures have found out that storing them at 80% charged is the optimum for long storage life of up to 5 years.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@cmeyer25 I have that same string trimmer, plus the hedge trimmer and the blower, have had them for around six years now, still the original battery packs to. ,
    like them a lot for their purpose, although the blower definitely is non powerful, but just to blow the grass clippings of the driveway and walk.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@theamcguy ha! I must have done it on purpose then, lol!

@boschmanbrian
    I keep thinking about getting a blower…like you said, just for getting the clippings off the sidewalk. I have a pretty small place in the city, so it’s not like I need something to blow the shingles off my roof or anything.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have been seeing more and more Ryobi tools in use on different jobs lately.

@theamcguy ha! I must have done it on purpose then, lol!

@boschmanbrian I keep thinking about getting a blower…like you said, just for getting the clippings off the sidewalk. I have a pretty small place in the city, so it’s not like I need something to blow the shingles off my roof or anything.

Yes, if you don’t need anything to powerful, it’s decent, especially if you already are on the platform.
    Plus I’m sure in the states you guys can get it even cheaper, I know CPO sometimes has good pricing on them.

You could even get the better 18 volt model.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@boschmanbrian I didn’t know Ryobi was sold through CPO, I’ll have to check that out the next time I’m looking for something. Thanks for the info!

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.296 seconds