dcsimg

Who makes the best compact cutoff tool?

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yeah I wouldn’t get the Milwaukee if you are going to be cutting through 1” material. It doesn’t have that kind of capacity

Yes I also found out that the Milwaukee can only cut up to 0.6″ maximum depth of cut.

Although I have not been able to confirm or not whether that maximum depth is when the guide shoe with dust extractor port is attached, and if the shoe is off whether you get more depth out of it or not. That seems unclear.

The small depth is a real show stopper. I haven’t even seem plaster less than 1″ in thickness so just scoring 0.5″ and I will have to break out my regular grinder is of no real help.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

They come with a shoe with depth control. It can cut up to 1.5″ which is more than what I need for tiles and plaster.

That was a total incorrect statement by me saying it cuts up to 1.5″ LOL.

The Milwaukee line this compact cut off tool is only available as a M12 tool. Not in the 18V series. I have to wonder if an 18V one is on the way that may cut deeper.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The Bosch gws-12v-76 is basically a light weight grinder.

Does it have a attachment you can mount over the wheel for a dust extraction hose, as well as gives you depth control?

Most of these newer compact cut off tool comes with wood cutting, tile cutting, metal cutting blade and some that does multi-materials. I do not think I can say cut off a piece of 1X against a concrete wall with the supplied diamond or metal blade. Can I get other blades (from Bosch or other parties) with the M5 spindle thread?

So far I haven’t been able to find the tool I need yet.

The Milwaukee would have been perfect for it’s versatility, but the depth of cut is too small to be useful.

The Bosch is really a smaller lighter grinder. I need dust extraction and depth of cut control. Lighter is great for overhead work. I can’t find a shroud for this when other similar products come with a shroud. May be this takes me on the path of buying more regular grinders with their respective shroud route, again.

There is a Rockwell product that seems to do what I wanted to do. But the reviews are somewhat negative. Porter Cable sells one too, also badly reviewed. I don’t care if it’s cordless or corded, since I will be attaching a vac hose to it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The Bosch gws-12v-76 is basically a light weight grinder.

Does it have a attachment you can mount over the wheel for a dust extraction hose, as well as gives you depth control?

Nope, it seems like to me that they didn’t think so far back when they released / developed it.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes I also found out that the Milwaukee can only cut up to 0.6″ maximum depth of cut.

Wow that seems like a typo to me. A tool with such a small depth of cut is useless except as a small cutoff tool. What is the depth of cut on the Bosch 12V-76?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Wow that seems like a typo to me. A tool with such a small depth of cut is useless except as a small cutoff tool. What is the depth of cut on the Bosch 12V-76?

The Bosch one does not have a shoe attachment so it’s deeper. I am guessing about an inch before the housing gets in the way on one side. I am also speculating that the Milwaukee can cut deeper if the shoe guide is removed. It’s meant for cutting sheet metal, angles, brackets, cement boards, tiles so it works in that regards.

I wanted it to cut existing 1″+ thick plaster lath, and cut through existing wall tiles that tiled over plaster lath which could make total depth exceeding 2″.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

with it’s 76 mm cutting disc (3-inches) it has a maximum cutting depth of 16 mm (~0.63″)

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

with it’s 76 mm cutting disc (3-inches) it has a maximum cutting depth of 16 mm (~0.63″)

A bit more than the Milwaukee, definitely a light duty tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.403 seconds