dcsimg

Who listens to Podcast

This topic contains 73 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  KeeganC 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    @jponto07 wrote:

where does one even find a podcast?

This is where I’m at?? I have heard of the Pod cast but that’s all. I don’t know how it works at all.

Did you find a Pod Cast yet?? I did but don’t know how to put it on the pod.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Nope….haven’t had the time to look into it!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON
    @jponto07 wrote:

This is where I’m at?? I have heard of the Pod cast but that’s all. I don’t know how it works at all.

@dirtywhiteboy sounds like you need some help? You said you found a podcast. What device do plan on using to listen to a podcast?

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    @jponto07 wrote:

@dirtywhiteboy sounds like you need some help? You said you found a podcast. What device do plan on using to listen to a podcast?

It’s a small pod thingy I keep some music on for when I’m out of radio reach. It has a slot for a small chip or there is some space on it. I see on the site I can click and listen to the pod cast. It seems it needs to be put some where on my PC then moved to the pod thingy???

Dirty

I guess you could listen doing a DIY project . Can’t have music or ear peaces playing on jobsites @dirtywhiteboy

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I guess you could listen doing a DIY project . Can’t have music or ear peaces playing on jobsites @dirtywhiteboy

Oh yes we can,,,,

Dirty

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

😮 all of our radios and head phones have been band at work ,

due to a forklift operator almost hitting someone accidentally , I totally understand

that being said , I really don’t know what pod cast is , have had a hard enough time keeping up with my smartphone and this new Igranny thing lol that plus not enough time in a day

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON
    @jponto07 wrote:

It’s a small pod thingy I keep some music on for when I’m out of radio reach. It has a slot for a small chip or there is some space on it. I see on the site I can click and listen to the pod cast. It seems it needs to be put some where on my PC then moved to the pod thingy???

Ok from what you are saying you have Ipod. It should the same as Iphone. I don’t anything about Apple products. I have some videos that should help you figure it out.

Podcast on Android

I use the Podcast & Radio app and really like.

I see that members say there is not enough day. When would get listen to podcast. Honestly I not much different. I have much time either. This why take advantage of my commute to work. Plus listen to podcasts in the shop. I find then difficult listen of them playing on my phone. I have ear muff that use to listen to podcast on. I use to listen to radio while shop. Now pretty much listen podcast. I guess you listen podcast while you on BTP. I know I usually on here for while.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I am just wondering who listens to podcasts? Who do you listen too? When do you listen to podcast?

I have been listening to podcasts for awhile. I listen to podcasts more the radio. I listen too: Wood Talk, Making It, Reclaimed Audio, The Woodworking Podcast, MakerCast, Crafted Podcast, Workshop 101 Podcast. I always listen to podcasts while driving too work and in the shop.

I still enjoy listening to podcasts. I have add a few more. Modern Woodworkers Association, Faking it Podcast, The Dusty Life Podcast, The Green Woodworker Podcast, The Modern Maker Podcast and WoodTurner Anonymous.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I see The Woodworking Podcast with Nick Ferry Jay Bates & April Wilkerson has stopped for abit or maybe longer. It turns out that they having a hard time getting together to record with there busy lives. I wonder in the future if you will see this happen to more podcast. I like there podcast.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

I see The Woodworking Podcast with Nick Ferry Jay Bates & April Wilkerson has stopped for abit or maybe longer. It turns out that they having a hard time getting together to record with there busy lives. I wonder in the future if you will see this happen to more podcast. I like there podcast.

They should do there own podcasts and do like one with every 3 or 6 months apart to line schedules as a group .

Always willing to learn .

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

They should do there own podcasts and do like one with every 3 or 6 months apart to line schedules as a group .

Yes this would be a good idea. If they did there own. They could have guest hosts. I like when some podcast I listen to bring on guests.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

I am just wondering who listens to podcasts? Who do you listen too? When do you listen to podcast?

I have been listening to podcasts for awhile. I listen to podcasts more the radio. I listen too: Wood Talk, Making It, Reclaimed Audio, The Woodworking Podcast, MakerCast, Crafted Podcast, Workshop 101 Podcast. I always listen to podcasts while driving too work and in the shop.

Hello Greg,

I really like podcasts,

I listen to:

Scicast, TED Talks, BBC World Service: The Documentary, Stuff You Missed in History Class and few others in another languages.

Last week I was looking on the internet for some podcasts about tools or my kinda trade, construction, etc.
    Do you normally look for new podcasts using the app or googlee?

Normally I listen to podcasts while driving too work and back home too, oh and in the shop as well.

Thanks
    Ben

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Hello Greg,

I really like podcasts,

I listen to:

Scicast, TED Talks, BBC World Service: The Documentary, Stuff You Missed in History Class and few others in another languages.

Last week I was looking on the internet for some podcasts about tools or my kinda trade, construction, etc.
    Do you normally look for new podcasts using the app or googlee?

Normally I listen to podcasts while driving too work and back home too, oh and in the shop as well.

Thanks
    Ben

Hey Ben, That is good selection of podcasts. I haven’t listen any of them.
    I have used the app and google for finding podcast. I have also found out about some podcasts as they were mention on the podcast I listen too. I find google works better then the app.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

Hey Greg @gtokley I added some of your podcast’s list.
    I’m at google right now to find new ones

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@bbernardesjr87 I hope you like the podcasts you added as much as I do. Also I hope you had luck finding more on google.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

@bbernardesjr87 I hope you like the podcasts you added as much as I do. Also I hope you had luck finding more on google.

I’m at home now, so I’m about to spend some time looking for podcasts, If I find good ones I’ll let you know.
    I liked those ones you already listen to, kinda hard to find some construction related ones.
    My dad taught me to enjoy radio, I remember to help him at the workshop or around the house always listenings radio, AM, games etc…however podcasts are good cause you can work and listen to a good content, instead get overwhelmed by radios’s advertisement all the time. I’m still listening radios all the time, but sometimes it’s boring then I move to podcasts.

KeeganC
    Pro
    Bloomington, IN

Yeah I haven’t found a lot of construction related ones, there is the fine home building podcast with the editors of the magazine, it’s pretty good. There are quite a few woodworking podcasts, wood whisperer, a dusty life, etc. I’ve also been listening to “making it” with jimmy diresta, bob clagett, and David picciuto, its pretty YouTube based, but still entertaining

Yeah I haven’t found a lot of construction related ones, there is the fine home building podcast with the editors of the magazine, it’s pretty good. There are quite a few woodworking podcasts, wood whisperer, a dusty life, etc. I’ve also been listening to “making it” with jimmy diresta, bob clagett, and David picciuto, its pretty YouTube based, but still entertaining

Hey @keeganc I didn’t find any today, but I’ll keep looking.
    Oh, didnt know diresta got on podcasts!

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’m at home now, so I’m about to spend some time looking for podcasts, If I find good ones I’ll let you know.
    I liked those ones you already listen to, kinda hard to find some construction related ones.
    My dad taught me to enjoy radio, I remember to help him at the workshop or around the house always listenings radio, AM, games etc…however podcasts are good cause you can work and listen to a good content, instead get overwhelmed by radios’s advertisement all the time. I’m still listening radios all the time, but sometimes it’s boring then I move to podcasts.

I was always listening to the radio while working outside on stuff or in the workshop. I too get overwhelmed by the advertisements and repeat news broadcasts.

Hey @keeganc I didn’t find any today, but I’ll keep looking.
    Oh, didnt know diresta got on podcasts!

The Making Podcast was the first one I listen too.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.969 seconds