dcsimg

Who has the bosch multi tool

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Author

@Miamicuse WOW , definitely surprised at all the blades , I guess it goes to show that just because they are expensive , not necessarily the best ,
    I’ll try to check out the omt video , thanks for sharing , for the amount of time I used the omt , definitely not going to spend much for blades after seeing this

Ps a side note , I tried once using the bosch 2.5 amp omt with the metal cutting blade for one concrete nail , 🤯 could not even scratch it , ruined the blade after a few minutes 🤷‍♂️

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

yes I don’t have much luck with OMT blades.

I think some blades are better than others, but when I use an OMT tool I need it to do it’s work, I can’t “baby” the blades. Sometimes it dulls the blade quick sometimes I got smoke coming out of the wood LOL.

That’s why I end up deciding to stock up on blades so I don’t think about it much, but I end up with over 60 blades of all kinds which locked me into the OIS family. I have a Bosch OMT which is nice but I also dulled it’s scarper in like 5 minutes trying to remove adhesive.

One thing that I am really annoyed at, and EVERY brand does this, is when they sell you a new OMT, they always include some accessories, like “INCLUDES 72 ACCESSORIES” to make it sound like wow great deal, 72 blades can last a long time until you open it and it’s 68 pieces of tiny triangular sandpapers and 4 blades!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

until you open it and it’s 68 pieces of tiny triangular sandpapers and 4 blades!

So true they do the same with drill bits and hex bits. Oh well, I buy most of my OMT blades at the BF sales.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yes I don’t have much luck with OMT blades.

I think some blades are better than others, but when I use an OMT tool I need it to do it’s work, I can’t “baby” the blades. Sometimes it dulls the blade quick sometimes I got smoke coming out of the wood LOL.

That’s why I end up deciding to stock up on blades so I don’t think about it much, but I end up with over 60 blades of all kinds which locked me into the OIS family. I have a Bosch OMT which is nice but I also dulled it’s scarper in like 5 minutes trying to remove adhesive.

One thing that I am really annoyed at, and EVERY brand does this, is when they sell you a new OMT, they always include some accessories, like “INCLUDES 72 ACCESSORIES” to make it sound like wow great deal, 72 blades can last a long time until you open it and it’s 68 pieces of tiny triangular sandpapers and 4 blades!

Lmao 🤣😆 yeah that’s how I bought the first Bosch , it was in the kit with over 30 something pieces , it actually wasn’t that bad , years ago it came with some pretty decent blades for grout removal and a few other types for special needs ,
    And yeah each piece of sandpaper counts as a piece lol

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It is interesting how they portray the OMT’s. I really think of them as a cutting tool and forget about the sanding capabilities. I actually used one for sanding for the first time a month or so ago on a project. Most of the time, it is just cutting.

They do a good job sanding when needed to get into tight areas, but most people do not think of them for that.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.337 seconds