dcsimg

which trade magazines do you subscribe to?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    KenW
    Pro

I used to subscribe to various magazines and papers. They all go unread, so I quit doing that. Will look at information on the web now.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

picked up a few back issues while out today. some duplicates but not bad.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The daily Reporter and Western Builder. Good sources to learn about new projects in the state and what stage their at. If you get in early you may just get the worm or something like that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think Handyman magazine is a pretty solid idea generating magazine. It also gives a ton of helpful tips and tricks that I use on a daily basis.

I think Handyman magazine is a pretty solid idea generating magazine. It also gives a ton of helpful tips and tricks that I use on a daily basis.

Pretty much along the same lines I think about handyman maginze.

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does Deck Magazine do a good job outlining the general codes for deck building? I always have a hard time proactively finding out what local codes are.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Professional deck, professional remodeler, qualified remoder, remodeling, professiona builder, builder, kitchen and bath. I’m sure there is some more. I signed up for a bunch of them for free. Some decent articles in some. Sometimes I just toss them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

With all forums and email newsletters nowadays, I let most subscriptions go long ago. Still get a couple of free ones, Tools Of The Trade and ECM (Electrical Contracting and Maintenance).

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Some decent articles in some. Sometimes I just toss them.

Same here – a lot of the free ones have 2 articles then the rest are ads. Though I have found some interesting products from those ads…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Received my first issue of Remodlers magazine (free). Not a bad trade magazine, tool ads. Articles seem to be based more on business rather than How to. Examples How to up sell to clients; How to handle complaints; Documenting to prevent problems. Plus at look at other remodeling businesses and their tips on successful business practices. Like I said subscriptions are free.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I still pick up some mags from news stands but have subscribed to FHB and FWW off and on since they started.
    I was right into residential renovation when I spotted issue #1 of Fine Homebuilding. I was all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

these days I much prefer the electronic version. then I can just print out exactly the page i want without all the fluff.

With everything online nowadays, its’ more practical to get the electronic versions. You can save them to disc and never have to worry about them getting damaged.

If there is a special issue that is released that I’m particularly interested in, or any collector’s editions that are released, I’m sometimes inclined to pick those up. I still have a huge stack of old mags but I find I use them less and less and they just take up space.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

these days I much prefer the electronic version. then I can just print out exactly the page i want without all the fluff.

Good way to go really. I have started doing that with my automotive trade magazines.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

I had a free subscription for Fine Home builder few years back. Did not renew it since then. Like to read/research stuff online instead.

BryanT

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a free subscription for Fine Home builder few years back. Did not renew it since then. Like to read/research stuff online instead.

I get a couple of electrical contracting mags free, but I didn’t know Fine Homebuilding offered free subscriptions.

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

I get a couple of electrical contracting mags free, but I didn’t know Fine Homebuilding offered free subscriptions.

Well, they had free subscription few years back Later, they offered to renew my subscription for some price, and I simply did not go for it.

BryanT

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well I participated in a Reddit Summer Secret Santa in two different exchanges one being the arbitary day and one being reddit turns 10 exchange. With one exchange I got books on how to brew beer but the other one bought me a years subscription to Canadian Woodworking and Home improvement magazine which gives apparently gives me all access to their woodworking plans and stuff. I can’t wait to get my hands on those, imagine the amount of plans.

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING

I got an email today from Fine Home Building which I’ve been pondering whether to subscribe to at least their online only version lately, but have been hesitant to as it is kinda pricey normally if you are in Canada.

But the one day only deal for Father’s Day they are offering me is for a 1 year subscription (8 issues) for $27 USD for the print publication delivered to my door and online access access to their content also. Works out with today’s exchange to $37.36 Canadian per my Paypal receipt I just got emailed back on. This pricing is $20 USD less than what they normally charge us Canucks.

Just thought others might be interested in this also here in Canada, although in trying to find this deal directly on their website, I couldn’t. Had to use the link provided in the email they sent me for the deal pricing. If anybody needs that email forwarded to them, lemme know.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I got an email today from Fine Home Building which I’ve been pondering whether to subscribe to at least their online only version lately, but have been hesitant to as it is kinda pricey normally if you are in Canada.

Yep, 35 bucks or so a year is what I have been paying for a while now. It changes with the exchange rate, of course.

That and Fine Woodworking are still one of the best deals IMO. The content is always first rate. Online access is a bonus.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.557 seconds