dcsimg

which trade magazines do you subscribe to?

This topic contains 52 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Sorpa 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)
  • Author

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Most of i am sure get at least one trade type magazine. Which do you like?

For me its woodsmith and shop notes and maybe an occasional other from the news stand

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I like several woodworking magazines from Canada , U.S and England ,Anything woodworking is good with me 🙂

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I subscribe to Journal of Light Construction, Fine Homebuilding, Professional Remodeler, Woodsmith, and American Woodworker.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I get a lot of trade magazinrs, Builder, Remodeler, Building Products, JLC, Tools Of The Trade, Construction Business Owner, and probably a half dozen others. Imlike to read a lot and keep upmto date on products and things going on in the industry.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Fhb and Woodsmith for me. I also get multiple newsletters through email.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I’m subscribed to online editions of Professional Deck Builder and a Canadian mag called Renovation Contractor.

http://www.deckmagazine.com/

http://www.renocontractor.ca/

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

JLC, fine home building & remodeling. Would like to take more interesting in wood working but time & investment…..

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I only get online stuff. Either from posts people make or during searches. I guess BTP is my subscription. I haven’t found a lot of time to read lately.

For me its woodsmith and shop notes and maybe an occasional other from the news stand

I subscribe to Journal of Light Construction, Fine Homebuilding, Professional Remodeler, Woodsmith, and American Woodworker.

Shop Notes is no more. Now there is an expanded Woodsmith magazine. American Woodworker is finished too. Swallowed by Popular Woodworking.

I subscribe to Fine Woodworking, Popular Woodworking, Woodcraft, Woodworkers Journal, Woodsmith and Cabinet Maker magazines. Probably going to give up 1 or 2.

If the wife goes to the library she will grab me some. I don’t subscribe to any magazine of any type.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I read JLC, Builder, Remodeler, Fine Home Building and for decorating and design ideas I like This Old House.

JLC , Finehomebuilding , RemodelIng , Handyman ,
    Deckmagazine/Deck builder , Construction Business Owner , Tools of the trade .

Always willing to learn .

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I haven’t found a trade magazine that I like enough to subscribe to. the only magazine I have a subscription to is mens health but that is not a trade lol

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Shop Notes is no more. Now there is an expanded Woodsmith magazine. American Woodworker is finished too. Swallowed by Popular Woodworking.

I subscribe to Fine Woodworking, Popular Woodworking, Woodcraft, Woodworkers Journal, Woodsmith and Cabinet Maker magazines. Probably going to give up 1 or 2.

Hmm i didnt hear about that, The last few years i have gotten one a year alternating them due to slow down with work. This might be good as paying for one is better than paying for both

Jlc, Builder, Remodeling, Qualified Remodeler, and a few others that show up. I think I actually only pay for JLC. The others come with my HBA membership or I signed up for because they were free.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

American Woodworker is finished too. Swallowed by Popular Woodworking.

I guess I did stop getting them around September I think…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I get paper versions of Fine Homebuilding and Remodeling. I read Professional Deck Builder and Tools of the Trade online.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Not really a trade magazine but I get This Old House

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

There are some really good woodworking magazines fro England if you can get them . It is nice to see what the rest of the world is building and different types of wood that is used .

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Is the deck builder mag a free one like Builder OR Remodeling?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.613 seconds