dcsimg

Which power tool brands do you prefer?

Viewing 18 posts - 341 through 358 (of 358 total)
  • Author
    MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I don’t know why, but I am super warry of RIgid. I think it’s just because I automatically assume that a big box’s pet line of tools is just going to be junk (Ryobi, Kobalt) and my dad works for the Seattle Fire Department and they went with Rigid because of the warrantee and he said they just don’t hold up. So I’m really curious about the quality of their tools, but fairly skeptical.

I have some old ridgid plumbing supplies from the 60s or so. I was surprised when I saw the name show up at HD, but I since learned that they are a house brand for TTI, but not specifically Home Depot licensed.

Quality is decent. Its not like B&D vs Dewalt, its like PC vs Dewalt – Same brand, lots of the same innards, but a bit less refinement

I’ve had some good luck with Ridgid over the years. My table saw is the granite top R4511 1.75HP with Hercules lift. I love it.
    I also have had their oscillating spindle sander which is awesome. Come to think of it I also have their 4 in belt sander. It’s fine; I don’t use it often.

I don’t know why, but I am super warry of RIgid. I think it’s just because I automatically assume that a big box’s pet line of tools is just going to be junk (Ryobi, Kobalt) and my dad works for the Seattle Fire Department and they went with Rigid because of the warrantee and he said they just don’t hold up. So I’m really curious about the quality of their tools, but fairly skeptical.

I have some old ridgid plumbing supplies from the 60s or so. I was surprised when I saw the name show up at HD, but I since learned that they are a house brand for TTI, but not specifically Home Depot licensed.

Quality is decent. Its not like B&D vs Dewalt, its like PC vs Dewalt – Same brand, lots of the same innards, but a bit less refinement

I’ve had some good luck with Ridgid over the years. My table saw is the granite top R4511 1.75HP with Hercules lift. I love it.
    I also have had their oscillating spindle sander which is awesome. Come to think of it I also have their 4 in belt sander. It’s fine; I don’t use it often.

Right now, I dont have any ridgid, but I had good luck with my old Ryobi planer before I moved to the bigger dewalt and I am ok with my benchtop Ryobi bandsaw

Its not Black and Decker, but its not anywhere near the best either. Prosumer, occasional pro use, or pro worried about theft and not wanting to spend money for better IMO

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve had some good luck with Ridgid over the years.

Lots of guys on BTP use Ridgid tools. I know I am looking at few and will probably follow through with a purchase on a few of them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Lots of guys on BTP use Ridgid tools. I know I am looking at few and will probably follow through with a purchase on a few of them.

How’s the reliability of Ridgid tools? Is the Lifetime warranty the main reason you guys are buying the Ridgid tool?

How’s the reliability of Ridgid tools? Is the Lifetime warranty the main reason you guys are buying the Ridgid tool?

Bit clunky, no elegance, fit and finish just ok.
    Decent lifespan, but instead of going to 6 sigma quality, they go to 3 or 4 and warranty the difference

Doobie

Decent lifespan, but instead of going to 6 sigma quality, they go to 3 or 4 and warranty the difference

What’s Sigma Quality? Never heard of that before.

How many nines in percentage pass

Six nines – 99.9999% means that one in a million can fail (according to a certain definition of fail)

Two nines – 99% -means 1 in 100

A dollar store toy may not even achieve one sigma (90%) quality, but a car’s airbags better meet six sigma or better

In the tool world, I would guess that B&D is held to about 2 sigma, PC and the other midrange around 3 sigma, and the pro brands are around four or five sigma. Six sigma is expensive when it isnt needed

You do six sigma when failure doesnt mean a warranty return, it means a lawsuit or worse

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I think it is about quality measurement; number of defect tool over 1 million production

Doobie

How many nines in percentage pass

Six nines – 99.9999% means that one in a million can fail (according to a certain definition of fail)

Two nines – 99% -means 1 in 100

A dollar store toy may not even achieve one sigma (90%) quality, but a car’s airbags better meet six sigma or better

Neat! I may start using that. I very often use percentages in expressing my opinions of potential outcomes on things when I talk. You just gave me a new one to use. Thanks!

After buying those Milwaukee m18 fuel stands lights . I think I will buy more into there line-up . Thinking of not building more into my Dwealt brand I currently use .

Always willing to learn .

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I have all of my tools bosch don’t have any other brand. I used to have ridgid dewalt makita etc etc. Keeping track of your tools becomes a hassle at the job site because lot of people have those brands.also lot of my family members cousins does the trade so there was that times we had eachother tools for barrowing and sometimes forgotten about it. With this doesn’t happen everyone sticks to one brand

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

After buying those Milwaukee m18 fuel stands lights . I think I will buy more into there line-up . Thinking of not building more into my Dwealt brand I currently use .

Not interested in any of the flexvolt stuff?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@Skillman

hey will did you end up purchasing more of team read?

Not interested in any of the flexvolt stuff?

@Austin

do you like the flexvolt stuff? somehow those tools and batteries are humongous

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

I have a lot of Ridgid tool and I’m real pleased with them

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have more then one brand of tools. I have some PC tools I am really happy with. But they were gift from the wife.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@madman_us I like the flex volt stuff a lot. gobs of power. The battery size doesn’t matter so much on the miter box. I put 2 9.0s on it. on the grader i Use the 6.0 and its heavy but surprisingly vey balanced

Viewing 18 posts - 341 through 358 (of 358 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.577 seconds