dcsimg

Which Dust Deputy?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Maybe he means the industrial steel 10gal drum setup?

http://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=AXD000002&CatId={2C6BB449-99F9-4CB9-BC27-CAF1BB570002}

Yes, thats the setup I was looking at. I have been spending a lot of time as of late thinking about my garage setup since its a main in the neck moving the dust hose from miter to table saw every 10 minutes. The least I am going to do it build a cart with a manifold and then add a dust deputy to that.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Jason, here is a 20 gallon setup I made this weekend. I only have about 35 bucks into it over the cost of the Dust Deputy. Most of that was for the can and thumb screws. I am thinking about writing an article on the construction.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Kurt that looks great! I would love to see an article on it since that looks like one of the designs I am considering. I have a bit of a space constraint but that doesn’t mean I can’t just use s small drum.

Jason, here is a 20 gallon setup I made this weekend. I only have about 35 bucks into it over the cost of the Dust Deputy. Most of that was for the can and thumb screws. I am thinking about writing an article on the construction.

That is a great setup Kurt!! You have found it works well and is easy to take on/off to be able to get rid of the dust, I assume?? Hard to beat $35 + dust deputy for being way more dust free…!!

Jason – I am really thinking the metal dust deputy may be the best way to go if you want to avoid static…. Though I am curious if anti-static hoses are still necessary in that case…

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Jason – I am really thinking the metal dust deputy may be the best way to go if you want to avoid static…. Though I am curious if anti-static hoses are still necessary in that case…

Call me crazy but I had my setup running for over an hour straight tonight and I didn’t get any static buildup. I know this because I purposely tried to get shocked and it didn’t happen. There are enough guys out there that talk about it that I know it happens just not to me yet.

Call me crazy but I had my setup running for over an hour straight tonight and I didn’t get any static buildup. I know this because I purposely tried to get shocked and it didn’t happen. There are enough guys out there that talk about it that I know it happens just not to me yet.

That is totally possible – it is definitely climate/season driven, though I know we definitely have good loads of static here in MN – all I need to do when it is cold is take my feet with socks on, rub them on the carpet a few times… and boom – great shock on the doorknob.

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That is why I went with the steel can. I figured it would dissipate the static the best.

That is why I went with the steel can. I figured it would dissipate the static the best.

Speaking of steel can, where did you find yours from Kurt? Did you buy it or already have it or …?

John S

Rovik
    Pro

I have the 10gal drum setup by Dust Deputy. My vac is little but this system is very powerfull, and i like it a lot.

Norway

Not a dust deputy, but I saw Oneida offers a pretty impressive dust collector – anyone here happen to have experience with it?

http://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=XCKM010000-IND&CatId={88398A7C-ADBE-46C7-976A-AEAD1AE24147}

John S

staker
    Pro

I have there bigger cyclone and love it, for that price I would spend a another 5-6 hundred more and get a full size cyclone.

woodman_412

I’ve looked at those before but I agree with Dave, I would rather spend a bit more and get the full sized unit. The dust cobra units seem to be sort of like a shop vac on steroids.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Holy crap $1200, Ouch!!

I have the 10gal drum setup by Dust Deputy. My vac is little but this system is very powerfull, and i like it a lot.

I think that’s the sizes I’m going to go with, Dan posted his and it’s a lot like that too. There’s just no reason for me to get a bigger vac when combining it with a DD, As long as you get one with the HP of a big one. I found a little Rigid vac that’s like 4 gallon or so but with 5hp like their big 12 gallon one, It made it to my list of possibilities

Oh I like what you built . Simple design and affordable.

Always willing to learn .

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@supimeister I just noticed your question, I had not looked at this thread in a while I guess. I just bought a 20 gallon steel garbage can and made a new top. I used silicone on all of the seams in the can and at the handles. I gasketed the top and used silicone at the attachment of the Dust Deputy. I have used this a with my Dewalt thickness planer a lot over the last year and have had very little dust get into the shop vac I use with it, the only way much gets in the vac is when I do not empty the can when it is about 80% to 90% full. if you watch the Dust Deputy you can see when the can needs emptying as you will see a the dust exiting the cone.

I just bought a 20 gallon steel garbage can and made a new top. I used silicone on all of the seams in the can and at the handles. I gasketed the top and used silicone at the attachment of the Dust Deputy. I have used this a with my Dewalt thickness planer a lot over the last year and have had very little dust get into the shop vac I use with it, the only way much gets in the vac is when I do not empty the can when it is about 80% to 90% full. if you watch the Dust Deputy you can see when the can needs emptying as you will see a the dust exiting the cone.

I definitely like your setup – seems really cost effective and definitely seems like it has been a solid addition for you

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I ran across this video on how to make an effective Simple Cyclone type Dust Collector. It looks good.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I ran across this video on how to make an effective Simple Cyclone type Dust Collector. It looks good.

That looks easy to make DWB, Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Worked quite well. I like his blade mod as well.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@dirtywhiteboy

I wish I had seen that video when I was playing around with a Thien collector. So simple and so effective.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.568 seconds