dcsimg

Which air compressor?

Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)
  • Author

I bought the CAT6310 and it is indeed quiet… surprisingly so. 70db or under less than 10 ft away as measured by my Android. 70% duty cycle too, iirc.

@speedlever thanks for the insight to the CAT model. I looked at a couple of the other CAT models as well (alum instead of steel) – did the larger tank convince you to go with the 6310 or did something else convince you?

Vs the Rolair? Yes, the larger tank and the lower price (under $170 shipped). ;)

@speedlever
    – lol I meant in comparison to the other CAT models (the ones that are aluminum)

John S

alizamartinjoe
    Pro
    Shelton, CT

Husky 20 gal. Portable Air Compressor

I have been using Hitachi pancake compressors for years and they just work. If your not running a cut off wheel or framing nailer that will be all you need. If your looking for more CFMs then I cant help you out there.

Hey, MKE_Voltage!

I want to buy an air compressor. Which will be quiet and silent, Oil-free and maintains free. Please tell me which will good for me?

Thanks

Doobie

I want to buy an air compressor. Which will be quiet and silent, Oil-free and maintains free. Please tell me which will good for me?

I have a Rolair JC10 that is very quiet and assembled in the US. They use hospital grade compressors so they are very quiet. Their customer service is very good as well. Happy owner for close to 10 years now. Rolair has kany different models to chose from, the JC10 is one of their most popular.

http://toolguyd.com/rolair-jc10-quiet-air-compressor/

https://www.rolair.com/products/air-compressors

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

With my DeWalt down down with a bad check valve I’ve been look for a new compressor, I like small unit with a lot of blow power! Oh and not to noisy.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I have the California Air 1 gal and the 10 gal in my shop. Sold the 5 gal to my work company. They run very quiet and build air fast. Best I have used.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

With my DeWalt down down with a bad check valve I’ve been look for a new compressor, I like small unit with a lot of blow power! Oh and not to noisy.

Oh the heck with it,,, I just ordered a new 85$ part from E-Replacements.
    Hope it works???
    I canceled that order to do some more research.. Looks like the Emglo part is a quarter the price and could be the same???

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

85$?
    I hope the compressor is worth well over $500 in order to warrant that part.

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING – FOR A REASON.

I have been using Hitachi pancake compressors for years and they just work. If your not running a cut off wheel or framing nailer that will be all you need. If your looking for more CFMs then I cant help you out there.

Hey, MKE_Voltage!

Thanks

So which one do you use? You said you’re using a Central Brand Unit now???

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/compressors/page/4/#post-667790

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

85$?
    I hope the compressor is worth well over $500 in order to warrant that part.

Looks like the Emglo part is a quarter the price and could be the same???

I got the Emglo part at 21$ and it was the same and it’s working great.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Oh the heck with it,,, I just ordered a new 85$ part from E-Replacements.
    Hope it works???
    I canceled that order to do some more research.. Looks like the Emglo part is a quarter the price and could be the same???

i too hate guessing on expensive parts. My 20 year old kero heater needs a part that I expected to be about $15. Turns out it runs $85, and I am not positive that it will fix the issue. Of course the age of the tool helps in the decision.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Of course the age of the tool helps in the decision.

That DeWalt-Emglo compressor is at least 10 years old.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Of course the age of the tool helps in the decision.

That DeWalt-Emglo compressor is at least 10 years old.

Good choice!!

I have a big Craftsman that is about the same age. I am counting down the days until it dies. Most parts are no longer available for it.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Hey, MKE_Voltage!

Thanks

I had a Hitachi pancake compressor and was not impressed with it. The pressure regulator went bad and it was $119 to get a new one, you had to buy a whole valve assembly, not just one small part. I only paid about $169 for the thin new if even that. I ended up using an off the shelf regulator and building a new manifold from pipe fittings. It was like 30 bucks to repair it that way. a few months later, the connecting arm from the motor to the pump broke and it went in the scrap heap.

I shop last time Rotary Screw air compressor and Axial Compressor these have great durability while working they both have time saver and long term working ability!!They are typically large, industrial-sized machines that can be either lubricated with oil or run oil-free.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I had a Hitachi pancake compressor and was not impressed with it.

After your experience with them Kurt I’d be a little shy of them too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.497 seconds