dcsimg

where to find big nails?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

where will you find big iron nails like these?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Biggest I’ve seen are 12″ spikes for landscape ties. That one looks a bit more specialized. I suppose you could cut some rebar if you’re using it for tent(?) stakes.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

if I use rebars then I have to bent a U at the end to avoid the ropes from sliding off.

Large tent stakes aren’t cheap.

https://hogantentstakes.com/product-category/tent-stakes/single-head-tent-stake-smooth/

I made dozens of stakes for all sizes of tents. The biggest was a 16×33 military surplus tent our club had. I used 18″ pieces of 5/8 round stock, cut “rings” off of 1″ black pipe and welded those just below the top of the round stock…. those kept the tent rope from sliding off and made a handy way to pull the stake

I was just thinking the same thing ,

Plus like Jim mentioned , someplace that does paving stones and so on , they use them for the plastic border

if I use rebars then I have to bent a U at the end to avoid the ropes from sliding off.

You can also use those cork screw things that are meant to screw into the ground for hooking dog leashes to

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I give up…. posts are showing up !!

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

*NOT

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Are these what your looking for Miamicuse?
    https://hogantentstakes.com/shop/1-18-x-42-double-head-tent-stake-rebar-tsrb1-1-8dh42-2/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

You can also use those cork screw things that are meant to screw into the ground for hooking dog leashes to

That’s what I used in lieu of bent rebar to tie down more securely my 10X20 backyard canopy. So far, none have rusted out and some have been in the ground over a half a dozen years and survived some pretty windy storms. Only thing, if you wrench them too much putting them in, the odd one will snap. Our soil here is quite clay ladden though. I use a length of scrap plastic electrical conduit to twist them in by hand.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

where will you find big iron nails like these?

You could a length round rod from Metal place. Cut it the length you want. You could welded a washer on one end of end.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.302 seconds