dcsimg

Where is the best place to buy L-Boxxes?

This topic contains 42 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  whitehill 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro

Does the new one have a honeycomb bottom texture?

I’ll have to check later on the honeycomb query, but I believe IIRC that they are likely no different than the old ones.

Yes, the new ones have the criss-cross honeycomb along the bottom like the old ones.

Curious, why does that aspect of the honeycomb matter Sami?

@miamicuse

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Does the new one have a honeycomb bottom texture?

I’ll have to check later on the honeycomb query, but I believe IIRC that they are likely no different than the old ones.

Yes, the new ones have the criss-cross honeycomb along the bottom like the old ones.

Curious, why does that aspect of the honeycomb matter Sami?

@miamicuse

It’s doesn’t matter. I have been reading up a lot on l-boxxes recently, on various Bosch and Sortimo promos and reviews. It seems Sortimo comes up with a new version of their l-boxxes, then follow with a Bosch edition. I know the old Bosch boxes have honeycomb pattern across the entire bottom, and the new one has a plain bottom in the middle honeycomb on the sides.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

From the reviews I read on the new L-boxxes vs the old ones, it seems pretty consistent that everyone feels the old boxes are stronger and sturdier. They complained how the new boxes the plastic flexes more, and the handle on the new one is not as easy and user friendly.

The advantage of the new one is a more stealth appearance, and a redesign on the stack catches to allow the boxes on top to stay while opening a bottom box. I didn’t even know you couldn’t do that with the old one, as it does seem convenient if you have a tower of 4-5 boxes, to be able to open the middle one a few inches to toss in a battery or wrench.

I also saw a bunch that says inserts for the old and new are not 100% compatible due to some changes to internal dimensions. The inserts would “work” but may need slight trimming or mods.

Another small detail I realize is the inside template for 1 2 3 4 are slightly different. So if you make a mod for lbox1, that may not fit perfectly in a 2 or 3 or 4, which is a big disappointment to the modular aspect to mix and match stuff.

I wonder how far down Bosch is looking at the lboxxes or whether there will be some major redesign coming soon (looking at what Milwaukee did with Packout). Six years ago some Bosch tools are offered in Systainer boxes, now in Lboxxes. In 2020, I don’t know.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

From the reviews I read on the new L-boxxes vs the old ones

Nice insight on the redesign. I think what drove the train on the redesign was the ability to open a box in the stack.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

CB
    Pro

On here if you can save enough points for it lol.

“LOL”, I tried that back in June. It is now September, and no L Boxx from Bosch yet.

I also tried finding them in local stores, simply to obtain a measurement for the inside to see if the 12″ blades for my Bosch glide saw would fit. Not available anywhere, in one of the largest, wealthiest, highest tech metropolitan areas in the United States (SF/Silicon Valley), and could find none.

It took over a year and a half just to find someone at Bosch (no one at the customer service 800 number could answer the question) to provide the interior measurements of the L-Boxx (thanks Dadgineer!), but it is unclear if those measurements are of version 1 or version 2.

At this point, I kind of lost interest in my original idea of using a Bosch L-boxx to hold blades for my Bosch glide saw, and attaching it to the lower cross bar of the Bosch gravity rise stand. An attache’ case is certainly easier to obtain, and less costly in time (as in all the very lengthy posts I that wrote to obtain the points that I lost trying to get one of these elusive L Boxxes), even if it doesn’t look the part.

I remain amazed at the stacks of L-Boxxes that some BTP members post in their avatar photographs, that they report receiving from BTP. I can’t imagine receiving 10 of them, when it is so difficult just to get one.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

On here if you can save enough points for it lol.

“LOL”, I tried that back in June. It is now September, and no L Boxx from Bosch yet.

I also tried finding them in local stores, simply to obtain a measurement for the inside to see if the 12″ blades for my Bosch glide saw would fit. Not available anywhere, in one of the largest, wealthiest, highest tech metropolitan areas in the United States (SF/Silicon Valley), and could find none.

It took over a year and a half just to find someone at Bosch (no one at the customer service 800 number could answer the question) to provide the interior measurements of the L-Boxx (thanks Dadgineer!), but it is unclear if those measurements are of version 1 or version 2.

At this point, I kind of lost interest in my original idea of using a Bosch L-boxx to hold blades for my Bosch glide saw, and attaching it to the lower cross bar of the Bosch gravity rise stand. An attache’ case is certainly easier to obtain, and less costly in time (as in all the very lengthy posts I that wrote to obtain the points that I lost trying to get one of these elusive L Boxxes), even if it doesn’t look the part.

I remain amazed at the stacks of L-Boxxes that some BTP members post in their avatar photographs, that they report receiving from BTP. I can’t imagine receiving 10 of them, when it is so difficult just to get one.

If you put in a request, and your points deducted, and still haven’t received anything in September – that’s disappointing. May be the list of rewards for what’s available to redeem has changed but no one is updating it, or the process is now broken with things fallen through cracks. I haven’t redeemed anything from BTP but have seen other receiving stuff so it’s a hit and miss I guess.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have also contacted Bosch support a few weeks ago trying to obtain interior dimensions of LB1 2 3 4, especially the vertical inside dimensions with the handle recess taken into account, nothing yet. But then I won’t know if it’s old and new version either.

May be a better bet is to contact Sortimo instead. I don’t know if tI should read into the lackluster support of the L-boxxes as to the future of these boxes.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I believe Engineerdad posted these L-Boxx dimensions a while back

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I believe Engineerdad posted these L-Boxx dimensions a while back

Thanks that’s very helpful.

So the L-boxx1 is only 3″ tall inside, not sure if that included the recess of the handle but that tells me very little chance any 18v tool will fit into that height.

Thank you.

BrianT
    Pro

Sortimo has some on sale now on their web store:
    http://www.sortimo-shop.us/category-s/112.htm

Professional Tool user

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Is there any differences between the Sortimo L-boxxes and the Bosch ones? Just colors?

I see the Sortimo editions some of them have adjustable dividers that could be useful.

BrianT
    Pro

The Sortimo and the Bosch are the same, except for color.

Professional Tool user

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I just purchased a new cordless rotary hammer and was disappointed it was not in an L-BOXX. I know they discontinued putting tools in them but for what we do, I really wish it was in a box. I may try to make a base and cap for the box to clamp it into a L-BOXX stack. I don’t really want to transfer it to a L-BOXX as the box is molded to hold everything well. for some of our jobs we move the boxes in and out a lot as they are short duration and the modular system is so great.

Doobie
    Pro

The Sortimo and the Bosch are the same, except for color.

Just like Tanos and Festool Systainers. Same company making them, different colours and badging and more variety of stuff in the Tanos line.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I just purchased a new cordless rotary hammer and was disappointed it was not in an L-BOXX. I know they discontinued putting tools in them but for what we do, I really wish it was in a box. I may try to make a base and cap for the box to clamp it into a L-BOXX stack. I don’t really want to transfer it to a L-BOXX as the box is molded to hold everything well. for some of our jobs we move the boxes in and out a lot as they are short duration and the modular system is so great.

The L-Boxx interface!

A thin rigid layer that clicks onto an LB that allows another box of different dimensions to mount to.

If someone comes up with that it can be used to stack Toughboxes on L-boxxes, or L-boxxes on Packouts.

That would be really cool. Might be 3D printable.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

The L-Boxx interface!

A thin rigid layer that clicks onto an LB that allows another box of different dimensions to mount to.

If someone comes up with that it can be used to stack Toughboxes on L-boxxes, or L-boxxes on Packouts.

That would be really cool. Might be 3D printable.

Actually some guys have already printed up some of the clips for the L boxes, I have a few, they do work pretty good, I think some other members here have bought some clips also,
    I think my friend used this site

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=sortimo+clips&dwh=1005b9109facaa6d

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Interesting idea. It may already be out there in the 3D printing world.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Amazon.com now has some L-boxxes in different colours, light grey and anthracite.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

From the reviews I read on the new L-boxxes vs the old ones, it seems pretty consistent that everyone feels the old boxes are stronger and sturdier. They complained how the new boxes the plastic flexes more, and the handle on the new one is not as easy and user friendly.

The advantage of the new one is a more stealth appearance, and a redesign on the stack catches to allow the boxes on top to stay while opening a bottom box. I didn’t even know you couldn’t do that with the old one, as it does seem convenient if you have a tower of 4-5 boxes, to be able to open the middle one a few inches to toss in a battery or wrench.

I also saw a bunch that says inserts for the old and new are not 100% compatible due to some changes to internal dimensions. The inserts would “work” but may need slight trimming or mods.

Another small detail I realize is the inside template for 1 2 3 4 are slightly different. So if you make a mod for lbox1, that may not fit perfectly in a 2 or 3 or 4, which is a big disappointment to the modular aspect to mix and match stuff.

I wonder how far down Bosch is looking at the lboxxes or whether there will be some major redesign coming soon (looking at what Milwaukee did with Packout). Six years ago some Bosch tools are offered in Systainer boxes, now in Lboxxes. In 2020, I don’t know.

I just received an L-2 that I had ordered about 3 months ago and was informed that it was backordered.

I have been able to purchase them on line but do not see them often in stores.

Doobie
    Pro

Amazon.com now has some L-boxxes in different colours, light grey and anthracite.

Anthracite? What kind of color is that? Do you have links you can post?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.870 seconds