dcsimg

Where is the best place to buy L-Boxxes?

This topic contains 42 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  whitehill 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have been looking to replace my current mixed bag of odd size tool bags and tool boxes.

I looked into Dewalt, Milwaukee, Makita and Bosch boxes.

I end up trying to decide between Milwaukee and Bosch. Since I have tools in all of the brands, but for cordless I am mostly Milwaukee and Ridgid (for now), I should go with Milwaukee but doesn’t like the red color boxes that draws attention, and the Packout doesn’t have top handles on some of the boxes.

So it may be Bosch boxes I will go for.

Where is a good source to get the L-boxxes – I mean best prices.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I always buy mine on amazon. Good selection

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

In Canada, Mississauga Hardware has the best regular prices on them. I did pick up some L-Boxx 2s at a place in Quebec online that were clearing them out for $40 each. Don’t think they have any left though.

Keep in mind that Bosch will be coming out soon with their updated L-Boxx soon as a stand alone. I just received one recently, but it was part of a vac kit that had just been released. But when the stand alones start coming out, there may be deals on the older models out there to clear them out. The only diff between the old and the new ones is slightly different body molding which is more an esthetic enhancememt imo, and that disengaging them apart is slightly easier now.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have seen the L-lbox on Amazon and CPO.

Too bad the Makita boxes have such terrible reviews, they are priced more attractively.

I think I will start with one L-rack complete kit, and four Lboxxx2 and see how that goes. Did a quick look on eBay didn’t see anyone selling lightly used surpluses either.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

On here if you can save enough points for it lol.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I will need to post till 2025 to get the points I need. However if someone has extra lboxx 1 or 2 laying around I am interested.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

In Canada, Mississauga Hardware has the best regular prices on them. I did pick up some L-Boxx 2s at a place in Quebec online that were clearing them out for $40 each. Don’t think they have any left though.

Keep in mind that Bosch will be coming out soon with their updated L-Boxx soon as a stand alone. I just received one recently, but it was part of a vac kit that had just been released. But when the stand alones start coming out, there may be deals on the older models out there to clear them out. The only diff between the old and the new ones is slightly different body molding which is more an esthetic enhancememt imo, and that disengaging them apart is slightly easier now.

A vac kit with an lboxx? I am looking for a rectangular boxy small capacity shop vac. You mean Bosch has a vac that is same footprint as an lboxx and will stack with it?

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Quite a few on EBay . Not sure if they are cheaper or not. I look at them but can’t justify the cost.

Doobie
    Pro

A vac kit with an lboxx? I am looking for a rectangular boxy small capacity shop vac. You mean Bosch has a vac that is same footprint as an lboxx and will stack with it?

No no. Nothing like that for a vac from Bosch similar to the Cadex or Rolair Airstack that are air compressors built in a manufacturers proprietor storage box system. It was a kit that included a 16 foot anti-static hose, a HEPA filter, and 5 fleece bags for my 14 gallon Bosch vac. They all came in in the new LB4 ‘L-Boxx’.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I hate to say it but the Milwaukee Packout is the leading system right now. I have the Dewalt and Ridgid and the DeWalt has broke ones and been replaced.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

What I don’t like on the Milwaukee:

The red color might attract thieves since all of these boxes will live permanently in my vehicle.

The skinny box (the one comparable to the Lboxx1) has no top handle. I plan to have power tools in them without foam inserts and I don’t want to toss them around by organizing horizontally but carrying them vertically.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I love the L-BOXX system, the most unfortunate thing about it is distribution. The Milwaukee you can get almost anywhere but the L-BOXX koi have to order. I have not seen many places they actually stock them.

I think that is Bosch’s biggest problem in general, lack of places that stock their full line. If they had better penetration and availability in the market, they would sell a lot more tools.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I hate to say it but the Milwaukee Packout is the leading system right now. I have the Dewalt and Ridgid and the DeWalt has broke ones and been replaced.

I saw this review of the Packout it’s hilarious.

The guy has all red tools in yellow boxes.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Does the new one have a honeycomb bottom texture?

Will the new one stack and lock with the older models?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

One more question, do the L-boxxes come with any sort of warranty? If it cracks or breaks in two weeks then what? Assuming you didn’t drive over it or abuse it of course.

Doobie
    Pro

One more question, do the L-boxxes come with any sort of warranty? If it cracks or breaks in two weeks then what? Assuming you didn’t drive over it or abuse it of course.

No idea, but I do suspect it may be covered for a year.

I tried registering the Bosch wet tile saw gravity rise stand I bought a while ago and was told while they don’t actually register it to keep my receipt and it is still covered for a year anyways against defects and such.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

No idea, but I do suspect it may be covered for a year.

I tried registering the Bosch wet tile saw gravity rise stand I bought a while ago and was told while they don’t actually register it to keep my receipt and it is still covered for a year anyways against defects and such.

Thanks!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I purchase mine at a local tool store. last time I bought them all, nothing left in the shelves because they clearanced them out.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro

Does the new one have a honeycomb bottom texture?

Will the new one stack and lock with the older models?

Yes, the new ones are fully compatible with the old ones.

I’ll have to check later on the honeycomb query, but I believe IIRC that they are likely no different than the old ones.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

What I don’t like on the Milwaukee:

The red color might attract thieves since all of these boxes will live permanently in my vehicle.

The skinny box (the one comparable to the Lboxx1) has no top handle. I plan to have power tools in them without foam inserts and I don’t want to toss them around by organizing horizontally but carrying them vertically.

I have seen them only on display at our big box stores, but have not had the chance to physically play with them, but I like the look of the new craftsman tool boxes, not sure of the quality, but they might be worth while checking out?

I know some guys here have those ridgid boxes, apparently they are very sturdy, and if you find them on special, might be worth while

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.381 seconds