dcsimg

Where do we buy our consumables (router bit's etc)

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i follow sales and deals mostly,, if someone has a deal on freud blades i will buy them there.. for router bits i tend to buy from lee valley as their bits are the same quality as freud and often cheaper.

for sandpaper i buy the bulk packs from home depot, sanding discs from busy bee tools

for fasteners i pretty much refuse to buy from home depot,, the pricing is outlandishly high or when its cheap like bulk buckets of deck screws the quality is very low so i buy through my lumber yard as they are typically 25-30 % cheaper

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

i follow sales and deals mostly,, if someone has a deal on freud blades i will buy them there.. for router bits i tend to buy from lee valley as their bits are the same quality as freud and often cheaper.

I do the same. I lean more towards Home Depot than Lowe’s because around here the people who work at Lowe’s are terrible, and despite the fact that HD employees are not much better, their app is tremendous. It tells you current inventory and location down to the bay number in each aisle. I’ve become adept also at reading stock numbers, and will happily climb a ladder and restock the item (after borrowing a box cutter from the appropriate aisle) for the folks there. Always a little reminded of this (see picture) when I walk into those places though.

Attachments:

I do the same. I lean more towards Home Depot than Lowe’s because around here the people who work at Lowe’s are terrible, and despite the fact that HD employees are not much better, their app is tremendous. It tells you current inventory and location down to the bay number in each aisle. I’ve become adept also at reading stock numbers, and will happily climb a ladder and restock the item (after borrowing a box cutter from the appropriate aisle) for the folks there. Always a little reminded of this (see picture) when I walk into those places though.

That picture says it all man . So true in so many departments staff don’t know where anything is .

Always willing to learn .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol how true, the only thing they do know is where the item you are looking for . I know what I am looking for but never know where it is in the store, its like a maze.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

the only thing they do know is where the item you are looking for

Even that is a stretch around here. Their turnover is so quick for employees that everyone always seems like they’re new to the store, and even if you can describe it and give them the name of what you’re trying to find, they still have no clue. The Home Depot app makes the trips there SO much more pleasant.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

HD and Lowes have a lot of stuff for sure but they are limited on the brands they carry. I use McFeelys or McMaster Carr they have it all.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

HD and Lowes have a lot of stuff for sure but they are limited on the brands they carry. I use McFeelys or McMaster Carr they have it all.

@theamcguy are there brick and mortar McMaster Carrs near you? I order from them off their website, but the definitely don’t sell retail near me.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy are there brick and mortar McMaster Carrs near you?

No mail order only. But they do ship fast. I do have a Fastenal and Graingers in town though and they are fairly close to each other. Problem is most of what i need when I go there needs to be ordered.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

There is nowhere near me that has anything beyond the basics – I even have trouble finding 6-1/2 circular saw blades in stock

Amazon, Lee-Valley, and a couple of other online stores get all my business and I have to be patient or preorder somehow knowing what spares I will need

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

There is nowhere near me that has anything beyond the basics – I even have trouble finding 6-1/2 circular saw blades in stock

Amazon, Lee-Valley, and a couple of other online stores get all my business and I have to be patient or preorder somehow knowing what spares I will need

what about elite tools, as they are in montreal and i’ve been ordering from them quite a bit lately.

what about elite tools, as they are in montreal and i’ve been ordering from them quite a bit lately.

Out in Levis – 3 hours away

Tony tools, and outils berger, then the typical big box for some hardware,
    Fastenal and Teniquip at times.

I just found a small wood work store by me that sells bits at a good price point . My spend some money there when my bits are shot .

Always willing to learn .

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

I purchase all of our fasteners, hardware and supplies from Richelieu. They have warehouses across Canada and the US for pickup, but we get everything shipped to our shop. Been dealing with them for over 5 years and never had any issues. Depending on the products, they’ll even send you samples if you are unsure or wanting to personally try it.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.332 seconds