dcsimg

Where do we buy our consumables (router bit's etc)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I tend to go to atlas or welback sawmill which is really far and out of the way.

You see Atlas is adding a second location .

I can’t wait, as soon as i saw the photo in the email, i knew where it was instantly. I don’t think they have officially announced the exact address just yet. Can’t wait, finally parking.

I tend to go to atlas or welback sawmill which is really far and out of the way.

You see Atlas is adding a second location .

I can’t wait, as soon as i saw the photo in the email, i knew where it was instantly. I don’t think they have officially announced the exact address just yet. Can’t wait, finally parking.

Check there page agin i thought they posted it . Our just ask Toolacholic .

Always willing to learn .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Pretty well all of my consumables come from a big box or one local lumber yard that I deal a lot with.

By the time I realize that I need something, I usually do t have time to wait for delivery.

Let us know how the bits perform long term, the price looks good but I am leery of the site. I generally price shop for consumables, Amazon is often the best deal for me given shipping and time.

Will

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m an Amazon guy myself. I don’t always buy through them, but their review database is the most thorough I’ve seen, so if you want to learn about a product (and they sell it) it’s a great resource.

It’s like back in the day when people would ask a question on irc or a forum and everyone would type “google is your friend”. I find amazon to be a great reference also. Just always a good idea to tripple check prices off of Amazon’s site to make sure your paying a fair price.

A Working Pro since 2004

JerrySats
    Pro
    Swedesboro, New Jersey

I usually stick with a few brands of router bites , White Side or Freud and mostly buy them at my local WoodCraft store. I pay more but I like supporting them . SandPaper (sheet paper) I buy online from Lehigh Valley abrasives . Disc paper I buy at Woodcraft since I mostly use Festool discs . Things like wood glue and misc I picked up at the big box .

Doobie

Rockler 45° Lock Miter Router Bit – with a 1/2” shank

When ordering look for these codes

#22627 is for 3/8″ to 3/4″ thickness
    #91722 is for 5/8″ TO 1 1/8″ thickness

What thickness will you be working with?

Nominal 3/4 inch.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I buy them all over depending on what I need. I go to APC Hawaii for nails and Slims for Blades.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I buy name brand blades through amazon. Cheaper prices than the big box stores here, better selection and free 2 day shipping.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

There’s actually a small independent that goes by the name of “Toolies” just down the street from me that has really competitive prices versus elsewhere. Blaklader knee pads cheaper than anywhere I know; quality selection of bits; and even can get me FS Tools bits/blades or send out for their sharpening services. They don’t sell any power tools, just consumables.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I buy a lot of screws from HomeDepot.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I stopped for a lot of my screws buying them at BB stores as they don’t carry Torx types up here in Canada which I’ve come to prefer now, although HD did start carrying a limited assortment of GRK’s recently in the last year or two, I go elsewhere typically.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I hear a lot of people going to Home Depot, but I actually prefer Lowes. It started when I was looking at lumber prices and they’re slightly better there than HD, at least, in my area. I pretty much buy all my supplies there, although I love the smaller local hardware store we have in town too. But for tools I always look online – CPO usually.

Charlie

Instagram

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I usually go to kms tools, they always have some good deals there.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Our local contractor store, Millbank Hardware, has a good selection of Freud router bits as well as a couple of other makes, drill bits, saw blades, fasteners and pretty much everything I would need, all at very competitive prices. Selection of tools and accessories that leaves HD and Lowes in the dust.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I hear a lot of people going to Home Depot, but I actually prefer Lowes. It started when I was looking at lumber prices and they’re slightly better there than HD, at least, in my area. I pretty much buy all my supplies there, although I love the smaller local hardware store we have in town too. But for tools I always look online – CPO usually.

See I go to both, generally whom ever is having a sale. However I do go check out the clearance section quite a bit after a few of us found bessy clamps there once.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

See I go to both, generally whom ever is having a sale. However I do go check out the clearance section quite a bit after a few of us found bessy clamps there once.

I buy consumables at either Lowes or Depot, depending on which store I’m nearest at the time, or based on brand since their inventories are different (for example Lowes carries Lenox, Depot has Diablo). Sometimes I buy at the pro-tool store, but it’s a little farther away and I don’t get out there enough. For things like fasteners the lumber yards usually have good inventories.

I do not, ever, buy lumber at either the Big Blue or Big Orange. Their lumber is upwards of 40-60% more expensive than the lumber yard, and it’s junk.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I buy consumables at either Lowes or Depot, depending on which store I’m nearest at the time, or based on brand since their inventories are different (for example Lowes carries Lenox, Depot has Diablo). Sometimes I buy at the pro-tool store, but it’s a little farther away and I don’t get out there enough. For things like fasteners the lumber yards usually have good inventories.

I do not, ever, buy lumber at either the Big Blue or Big Orange. Their lumber is upwards of 40-60% more expensive than the lumber yard, and it’s junk.

I don’t find the prices for lumber much different up here, however the lumber itself IS pretty nasty.

Doobie

I stopped for a lot of my screws buying them at BB stores as they don’t carry Torx types up here in Canada which I’ve come to prefer now, although HD did start carrying a limited assortment of GRK’s recently in the last year or two, I go elsewhere typically.

Just came from Lowes and noticed they also carry GRK but woth a slightly different variety. That’s good as I now have a second source for them nearby. 👍

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Purchases of expendables is kind of project specific for me. If I have time to shop around I’ll hit Amazon, wwhardware.com and a few other sites. Otherwise it’s off to the local hardware stores for a quick purchase.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.584 seconds