dcsimg

When to walk away?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  CB 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just called and walked on one that was to happen on the 21st. It was nasty and I didn’t want my name anywhere near it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just called and walked on one that was to happen on the 21st. It was nasty and I didn’t want my name anywhere near it.

Part of being a professional is knowing when to say no or walk away.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Part of being a professional is knowing when to say no or walk away.

Absolutely, and if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

That right there is the best example of what experience really means.

I always liked the expression:
    The devil knows more because he is old than because he is the devil.

CB
    Pro

@tuttlesremodeling

Well???? What happened? Kind of a long cliffhanger here. Did you ever finally get paid? Did you fire your worker? Have you collected the add on amounts for change orders in full in new jobs since you changed your policy?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

there is one the the caulk was thinner on one end than the other.

tuttlesremodeling

Well???? What happened? Kind of a long cliffhanger here. Did you ever finally get paid?

I was wondering too. I have no idea where you’d put caulk with the tile. I’d like a pic of that.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

We did finally get paid, we went to an attorney to get the house lien, paid for it. She waited a couple days before sending it to them, they called the next day to ask us to meet with them. When we got there he was very nice, lol. He paid us the rest of the money that he owed us. He even had enough nerve to ask us to do something while we was there, which we did but with payment upfront. They both said they was very please with everything that was done said they was sorry for any inconvenience. We will not be doing anymore business with them in the future, we are just glad we got paid and are done with the whole drama! They got two very beautiful bathrooms.

This is the bathroom in the Master bedroom.

For those of you that want pictures, I am going to try and load them again, but so far it hasn’t let me load pictures on here.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

glad to hear you got paid and it turned out for the best. I just had a friend approach me about a similar problem. I gave him the best advice I could but it is always difficult when you run into these situations.

Here is the guest bathroom

I like the look of the cabinetry, I haven’t seen it before (probably because dust buildup is such an issue here it’d be a pain to clean all the horizontal surfaces) it’s really nice looking though.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

I like the looks of it also, but my thoughts on the dust is the same. The bathrooms turned out beautiful. I just felt like they had no reason to complain. They just wanted to put me off until their money got there.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow that sure turned out nice and glad it all worked out in the end.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Clev08
    Pro

Nice work, there is a ton of tile in those bathrooms! glad you eventually got paid.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

They just wanted to put me off until their money got there.

Given that they actually asked you to do more work for them, I’d say you are right. I’ve had customers happily accept an estimate and pay the down payment immediately, but when the job is complete (and they’ve gotten what they want from me), they are nearly impossible to contact. I find that a simple “notice of intent to lien” works wonders in this case.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

CB
    Pro

Nice work Tuttles. I felt bad dredging this topic back up, but I hadn’t seen it before, and the cliffhanger was killing me, I felt so bad for you.

Totally worth bring it back up to the top, because otherwise we would not have had the opportunity to see how beautiful your job turned out.

That indirect perimeter lighting makes quite a statement!

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.568 seconds