dcsimg

What's Your Work Truck?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Currently, I am in a 2001 Chevy Express van. I have had this for just over a year. I downsized from a longer one ton van. I only miss the extended van about once a month. I am pretty good about knowing what I need, and getting it in the truck each day. We do mostly bigger jobs, so a lot of equipment is stored on site.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

2012 f150 sxt. i got it back in april. its been great so far.. it sucks making payments again as my last truck was paid off for 3 years.. had to get rid of it for two reasons… wasnt big enough to carry my gear and the list of things that needed repairs was getting too big to stay on top of

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

lulu
    Pro

dont have a truck yet. but mine would be an F-250 with suicide doors. i would definitely have a cap. and probabl invest in a trailer thats enclosed.

Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
    Michael Angelo

1985 Doge 100 pickup , and a 2003 Astro Van (217000 mi and still going). Pick up is a dedicated work truck. Van can’t be set up permanently. Youngest son plays sled hockey and now we pick up a 2nd grade girl that lost a leg when she was a baby because her mom is never home and older sister has full time nurses. But she is cute little thing that is so excited about this it’s unreal. So it is more of a dedicated hockey van

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I posted some pictures other places so you all probably knew I traded in my utility bed truck. Was kinda sad t see it go but I feel this suits me even better.
    2011 F250 6.2L V8 with 16′ trailer.
    This is how I roll now….

I posted some pictures other places so you all probably knew I traded in my utility bed truck. Was kinda sad t see it go but I feel this suits me even better.
    This is how I roll now….

That is one sweet set up. Is that an A.R.E. cap

forget that, fast look and thought the cap was on yours. Or maybe I was dreaming of having yours with an ARE cap

monman1
    Pro

Its currently a 08 2500 HD Chevy Express van, with 450,800k’s on it. The computer says it uses 17.1 liters per 100km, thats 13.76 MPG.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m still driving my full size chevy express 2500 5.0 liter. I get about 15 MPG. it works.

Glad to see this is still getting the job done Dirty.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

This is how I roll now….

That looks like a great setup. Shouldn’t have any shortage on space or hauling power with that.

I think if I was to get a dedicated work vehicle again I would get a cargo van. I usually rent an extended length cargo van when I need more space than the car gives me. After having a couple trucks I think the van would be the better way to go for me.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have a silverado i bought this year and had it sprayed with a heavy liner of linex. I don’t think i’ll by gm again though.

I’m still driving my full size chevy express 2500 5.0 liter. I get about 15 MPG. it works.

Almost go tone last summer. Can’t wait to get a van. Around here the 3/4 and 1 ton that have over 100,000 start getting pretty reasonable. Yet it seem like you can put some serious miles on one with decent maintenance n

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Almost go tone last summer. Can’t wait to get a van. Around here the 3/4 and 1 ton that have over 100,000 start getting pretty reasonable. Yet it seem like you can put some serious miles on one with decent maintenance n

I bought my last one ton van with 108k on it. I drove it for ten years, never touching the engine or tranny. Sold it last year with 280k. The motor still ran like new, but the tranny was starting to slip a little.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have got a F350 and trailer for deck work, and have a short bed chevy 4×4 for a plow truck.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

but mine would be an F-250 with suicide door

Is that a thing? I don’t recall ever seeing suicide doors on an F250…maybe before they started making full sized doors?

I’m holding out for a Tundra myself!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

yellaD
    Pro

Originally I was looking for a truck that could fit a 4×8 in bed, but then I coudn’t fit two cars in the driveway so I opted for the smallest truck I could find; the Ford Ranger. I wanted a Mazda B2300 but couldnt find a used one. If money was no issue I’d like a Tundra, those things are awesome.

So how you link the Ford Ranger, what year and miles do you have on if. So far are you happy with it.

I like the new Gmc Canyon would work for me, 4 door 4×4. I have read good things about it so far.

I got a 2004 Edge w// flared wheel wells so it makes my bed even smaller, LOL. But I like the way it looks, and is good on gss mileage; but coming from a Civic it’s quite a difference! Instead of a huge bed and capabilities, I opted for fuel effiency and cheap aftermarket parts/easy to fix. If in the future I need more I’d get a towable trailer for it prolly, or think about upgrading.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think if I was to get a dedicated work vehicle again I would get a cargo van

Unless you need a 4X4 truck the cargo van makes sense. Lots of storage options can be built in and you can move around inside almost upright.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Its currently a 08 2500 HD Chevy Express van, with 450,800k’s on it. The computer says it uses 17.1 liters per 100km, thats 13.76 MPG.

What size motor does it have inside?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think if I was to get a dedicated work vehicle again I would get a cargo van

Unless you need a 4X4 truck the cargo van makes sense. Lots of storage options can be built in and you can move around inside almost upright.

@theamcguy Would so much rather have a big cargo van that this 350 and trailer. I’m so tired of hitching up and unhitching I could scream sometimes. I don’t plow with that truck…too long..so really don’t need it or the 4×4 per say for work.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

. I don’t plow with that truck…too long..

I hate plowing. My van sucks at plowing.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

monman1
    Pro

What size motor does it have inside?

It has a 4.8 V8.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.524 seconds