dcsimg

What's Your Work Truck?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

You are right Julian, it doesn’t get any better with a tool trailer, if you want to bring as much as possible. I’ll keep the cordless drills and impacts in their cases, but not much else. Too much wasted space in most tool boxes.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Move that truck! That’s a nice view

Here is the job that truck was parked on. Just to keep this on topic. I had over 350K on that truck before I had to donate it to charity. Stupid me had really loaded the bed with dirt one day and it rained hard that night. Broke the frame. Took me a couple of years to get it fixed and I had not kept up with the registration. They wanted over $ 1000 to register it again.

Sweet view and amazing miles. I’ve never gone past 180k on a work truck before I got bored of it and got something else.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I’m a Ford guy. Had a 88 F350 & 05 F250. The 88 was a beast, I put that truck through he’ll for a long time. 5speed too. I sold last year. I miss stick shift & having a beater. NJ insurance just became too much.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I got my ’13 Ram 1500. Works nice for me. Have an in bed box and a ladder rack. Works fine for me.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I saw those fender boxes, Do they hold power tool cases or just loose fit items?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Mine work set up is a 2004 GMC Sierra with a 6 x 10 trailer. The truck is a short bed which isn’t optimal but it isn’t that big of a deal. I have been considering getting another work truck but this one still runs and look great even with a little over 150,000 miles.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

redwood
    Pro

So Chad, I have to ask. I’m only a 5’11” and I hit my head going in my trailer a lot. I don’t suppose you can even stand up in the trailer.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

SamM
    Pro

My work “truck” is a 2005 Pontiac Montana. But it’s paid for!

I am constantly amazed at how well it works as a work vehicle. I can haul almost every tool I own, 12 foot material, 4×8 sheets, ect. Throw a small trailer on the back and I can haul staging or more material if I need.

I work half on my own and half as a sub for my old boss (work with his crew, not subbing whole jobs) and he loves minivans for working out of. And he does every type of construction. He does have a big truck for hauling around his dump trailers though.

woodman_412

Dropped by the Toyota dealership yesterday when I was driving by to check out the new 2016 Tacoma. Quite a few changes from what my 2007 Tacoma looked like inside and out. The interior has been changed quite a bit and has some nice features. I think the exterior changes look good too. Anyone in the market for a midsize truck?

Dan

danpattison.com

Dropped by the Toyota dealership yesterday when I was driving by to check out the new 2016 Tacoma. Quite a few changes from what my 2007 Tacoma looked like inside and out. The interior has been changed quite a bit and has some nice features. I think the exterior changes look good too. Anyone in the market for a midsize truck?

That’s a good truck Dan.
    We still have a year for my wife’s Mazda finance to be paid off, after that, think we will change it, she drives my Sorento, so we will probability go for a midsized pick up. And that’s a definite choice.

I used to love toyota, until my father got a Sienna in 2010 – that thing has been nothing but trouble.

He had a recall. There was an issue that some of the spare tires (which are mounted under the van) would seize and not be able to be lowered to the ground when you need it, or that it could rust and fall off while driving. He brought it in, they cut the cable and put the spare inside the van without fixing anything. They would call him when Toyota designed a fix.

Not only did they do the work before they had the part, they did the work before the part exists. Their solution: Free roadside assistance. So, on the chance that the spare MIGHT seize in place, or rust through, they made it so he cant have a spare unless he rides with it inside the van. That was over 2 years ago and they still dont have a fix. I guess replacing the cable with stainless steel isnt an option, nor is replacing the cable with every service….

So, I now steer people away from Toyota. They tend to build good stuff, but they need to get their act together on the after-sales and recall side

A thread on the recall, just to show this isnt a dealer-level complaint
    http://www.siennachat.com/forum/64-general-discussion/226377-2nd-spare-tire-recall-siennas-northern-climes.html

yellaD
    Pro

Originally I was looking for a truck that could fit a 4×8 in bed, but then I coudn’t fit two cars in the driveway so I opted for the smallest truck I could find; the Ford Ranger. I wanted a Mazda B2300 but couldnt find a used one. If money was no issue I’d like a Tundra, those things are awesome.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

So, I now steer people away from Toyota. They tend to build good stuff, but they need to get their act together on the after-sales and recall side

On the other hand, I’ve owned 2 Toyotas, a Tercel and a Yaris, both were absolutely outstanding. I didn’t use dealer service for either one, frankly, there was no need. They do need driveshafts and timing belts replaced periodically but that was all. The Tercel was sold with over 430,000 on the clock with original exhaust and battery.
    Absolutely no major repairs with either one.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m still driving my full size chevy express 2500 5.0 liter. I get about 15 MPG. it works.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

On the other hand, I’ve owned 2 Toyotas, a Tercel and a Yaris, both were absolutely outstanding. I didn’t use dealer service for either one, frankly, there was no need. They do need driveshafts and timing belts replaced periodically but that was all. The Tercel was sold with over 430,000 on the clock with original exhaust and battery.
    Absolutely no major repairs with either one.

Agree they have been bulletproof cars. Might be why the after-sales is so lacking. Might never have really been all that necessary with the unkillable toyota quality.

Dont know if they still make them as good now, but Im certainly soured on the brand, despite having had two very reliable ones in my life.

I’m still driving my full size chevy express 2500 5.0 liter. I get about 15 MPG. it works.

That would kill me. Would cost me 20$ US a DAY in Gas, which is more like 27$ Canadian

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That would kill me. Would cost me 20$ US a DAY in Gas, which is more like 27$ Canadian

Man how far is your commute to work?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

Originally I was looking for a truck that could fit a 4×8 in bed, but then I coudn’t fit two cars in the driveway so I opted for the smallest truck I could find; the Ford Ranger. I wanted a Mazda B2300 but couldnt find a used one. If money was no issue I’d like a Tundra, those things are awesome.

I had a Tundra before we got the Subaru and I really liked it. Plenty of power and was decent on gas. There are some days when I miss my truck but for the most part so far just having the car is working out well and is more efficient. If I was to get a truck again it would definitely be Toyota.

Dan

danpattison.com

Man how far is your commute to work?

Did the math – was off a bit
    19Miles each way (about 30KM), so that would burn about 2.5 gallons a day, which is about 10 litres. At 1.38 a litre for the regular stuff (5.22 Canadian a gallon), Id be looking at $13.80 a day for the initial back and forth.

Also average another 25 miles a day with moving between our offices as well as going to vendors and clients, which brings me to the 27$-ish range.

My car does 7L/100km, so Im looking at burning 5 litres for the same driving, or $7 a day

So how you link the Ford Ranger, what year and miles do you have on if. So far are you happy with it.

I like the new Gmc Canyon would work for me, 4 door 4×4. I have read good things about it so far.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.463 seconds