dcsimg

What's Your Work Truck?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

07 Chevy 2500 crew cab long bed. 6.0 gasser

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I Have an O1 Chevy 4 door with an 8.1 liter engine and a 6′ box that I use for plowing snow and pulling trailers. The truck use the most is a 09 stripped down chevy work truck, standard cab and an 8′ box

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Jeep Grand Cherokee. With with the seats down I can get a lot in there. I have a couple trailers for hauling materials.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

2001 ford ranger step side bed. I like the ranger but it doesn’t have a ton of room. I am considering selling this one and getting the standard bed ranger because it is 8 inches wider.

I have a 2000 ranger extended cab. regular bed with a crossbed box. couldn’t imagine having an even smaller bed with the stepside.

Anybody have a work truck with a manual transmission? Anyone prefer a manual?

me. had to hunt for a 4WD ext model.

2002 Chevy Suburban. I absolutely love that truck. It has treated me nicer than any vehicle I have ever owned.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

2002 F-350 with 9′ Royal utility bed.

contrctr
    Pro
    roanoke, VA

2011 Chevy extended cab short bed. Lots of storage in the extended cab. Do not really miss the long bed I have had in the past. One of the best features of the newer truck is the Bluetooth for hands free cell phone use. Love that.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Now that’s what I call a working truck. I love the utility beds, they are hard to find used around here, everyone wants them too.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Now that’s what I call a working truck. I love the utility beds, they are hard to find used around here, everyone wants them too.

Thanks! I do love this truck.

I asked a dealer buddy (done lots of work for him too) of mine to find one for me. I asked for a diesel and an 8′ bed. He was at the auction and he called me from there. Said “I found your truck. Not a diesel, but if you don’t want it I am taking it home anyway”. I was skeptical but once he got it here and I saw it was a 9′ bed and it top condition, I took it.

redwood
    Pro

I had a 78? Chevy c3500 with a 9′ bed and utility boxes. 454 engine. I bought it from the lumber yard I was doing business with. Both the bed and the overhead rack had rollers that worked with ratchets.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Attachments:
    NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I had a 78? Chevy c3500 with a 9′ bed and utility boxes. 454 engine. I bought it from the lumber yard I was doing business with. Both the bed and the overhead rack had rollers that worked with ratchets.

Move that truck! That’s a nice view

Thatkid
    Pro

Now that’s a sweet work truck.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

12 years old… how many miles on that guy?

redwood
    Pro

Move that truck! That’s a nice view

Here is the job that truck was parked on. Just to keep this on topic. I had over 350K on that truck before I had to donate it to charity. Stupid me had really loaded the bed with dirt one day and it rained hard that night. Broke the frame. Took me a couple of years to get it fixed and I had not kept up with the registration. They wanted over $ 1000 to register it again.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Attachments:

Thats some view and a nice trestle to stay on topic. I drive a 2014 tundra double cab with 8ft bed with a delta cross bed box. Keep most hand tools in the cross bed box and all most power tools in the back seat. I carry a side winder drill impact Combihammer and my belt inside.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

12 years old… how many miles on that guy?

135,000. Bought it about 8 years ago with 88,000. Been good to me.

I love your truck… It is a perfect candidate to rock out some serious l-boxx action 😛

I am impressed with how loaded it is in terms of additional features – without the truck looking like it is this behemoth of a thing…!

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

loaded the bed with dirt one day and it rained hard that night. Broke the frame.

Ouch, I honestly wouldn’t have thought of that happening. I probably wouldn’t have figured it out either and wound up doing it again.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I love your truck… It is a perfect candidate to rock out some serious l-boxx action :P

I would love to have l-boxxes but the nasty truth is, you don’t jam as many tools into this truck as I do with lots of boxes. Almost every tool had it’s own case/box at one time. As I added more and more tools I quickly realized that cases were just going to have to go. They take up way too much room on this type of set up.

When I get a trailer someday I would like to start bringing those cases back. But I imagine I will run into the same problem. I will want more and more tools loaded on. I hate knowing I have a tool and knowing it is not with me when I need it, even for 2 minutes.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.549 seconds