dcsimg

What's Your Work Truck?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    pgc555
    Pro
    Gilberts, Illinois

Ford E-250 extended cargo van – can slide 12′ material, 4×10 drywall INSIDE.
    Nice on rainy days to have the materials get to the site dry.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have a 2006 dodge Dakota with 5 speed manual and I love it especially hauling big loads of lumber .
    I also have a A-B car for running around šŸ™‚

woodman_412

A van like that would be great for hauling materials Phil. That’s one drawback that I find having a truck with a 6′ bed is getting materials when the weather is nasty. I have a 5×10 cargo trailer that I can use when the weather is bad but if I’m just picking up a sheet or two of plywood it’s a bit of a pain to hitch up the trailer and take it along for such a small load. I usually try and time my material pick up with nice days if possible.

What year is your Camaro John?

Dan

danpattison.com

cranbrook2
    Pro

It is 1992 25TH anniversary edition . There were only 2,562 of these made in 92

woodman_412

Nice! Oh by the way John, I saw one of your bird houses in the latest Kreg newsletter that I got by email. When I saw the pic I thought “I know who built that!”

Dan

danpattison.com

cranbrook2
    Pro

Thanks Dan ! I have a bunch of articles coming out in the next 3 or 4 months right across Canada and in British Woodworking magazine . I save all the magazine articles for my 3 granddaughters .

woodman_412

That’s great John. I’ll have to keep an eye out for your articles. What will they be featured in?

Dan

danpattison.com

cranbrook2
    Pro

I only have one of the dates so far and it is for Garden Central , Garden West and Garden East .It comes out for June .http://www.gardenswest.com/qry/page.taf?id=66

goldss
    Pro

27 yrs. and I’m on my fifth Chevy 4WD Suburban.Folding the rear seats flat gives me 48″x98″ of space for tools and materials.

woodman_412

What year is your current Suburban Bob?

Dan

danpattison.com

barrail
    Pro
    yorkville, illinois

I’m driving a 05′ GMC Sierra with a duramax 6.6 with an automatic trans. extended cab with a 6’6″ bed with a cap and rack. A 7’x7’x 14′ trailer and I ve never wanted for more. Truck has a Leer cap and I have pullout drawers I made for hardware, and pullout trays for the big tools.

woodman_412

What kind of fuel mileage do you get with the diesel Rick?

Dan

danpattison.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Brian, I’ve plowed snow for many years and I hated doing it with a manual, Wore out my left leg. Finally got an automatic and sweet that was

I drive a 2006 Dodge Dakota . I like because it is pretty cheap on gas and I can still take a pretty big load .I also like the extra space behind the front seat for when I need to go shopping .

That truck is very overloaded. Impressive that it could handle that much.

RSG
    Pro
    Niles, OH

05 Ford E-150 van. Like having most of my tools and hardware with me and not having to load and unload all of the time. It has a full rack system. Cana still haul 4×8′ goods just have to stand them up on end.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

27 yrs. and Iā€™m on my fifth Chevy 4WD Suburban.Folding the rear seats flat gives me 48ā€³x98ā€³ of space for tools and materials.

I think that would be the ultimate for me. I’ve flipped between getting a new truck with a topper or just going for the full size SUV. Since I need something family friendly I’m starting to lean more to something like a suburban.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I drive a 2006 Dodge Dakota . I like because it is pretty cheap on gas and I can still take a pretty big load .I also like the extra space behind the front seat for when I need to go shopping .

That can bend the tailgate bolts where the tailgate straps are connected if your not careful.

Thatkid
    Pro

2001 ford ranger step side bed. I like the ranger but it doesn’t have a ton of room. I am considering selling this one and getting the standard bed ranger because it is 8 inches wider.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

My ‘work truck’ is a little shopping cart that little ole ladies push to the grocery store. Not the store’s carts, just those little upright thingies. šŸ™‚

When I have to haul appliances, drywall or other large items, I use my SUV.

It’s nice to live where I work. I don’t have to store tools in my vehicle.

Pat

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Pat that is the one thing that I hate is having to keep all my tools in my truck. I am not wealthy enough to have multiple sets of tools so I keep most of them in my truck. Drives me nuts when I am doing projects at home. Some stuff is kept on the work bench and other stuff in the truck.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.541 seconds