dcsimg

What’s it going to take to save this site?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I’ve been out of the trades sine late 2014, and my usage of this site has waned ever since. Prior to that I was on CT. I’ll grant that Bosch has all but given up on this site. It was a marketing project, which I’ll assume hasn’t resulted in the financial benefit anticipated.

Looking at the Latest post listings, the last 4 posts have taken 8+ hours. that’s an indication of a dead/dying site.

What is needed to keep this site going and spur a growth? Or where is everyone moving to now?

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I still check it out several times a day. The one thing I do like about it is that there isn’t a thousand posts everyday to catch up on. It’s more like an intimate conversation with good friends. I prefer it small without all the noise.

Now, that being said, if they would just do as they said they were going to do. Keep the list up to date and get on responding to redemption requests, that would improve things. The rewards are just a bonus to the site, but the format is what they made it, not the members. It’s a shame to have a group of your biggest fans and then treat them with indifference.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I can’t say what it would take to get us back to what it used to be. But participation and fresh topics couldn’t hurt. Gets old seeing the same basic post every day with no real value to them.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I still check it out several times a day. The one thing I do like about it is that there isn’t a thousand posts everyday to catch up on. It’s more like an intimate conversation with good friends. I prefer it small without all the noise.

Now, that being said, if they would just do as they said they were going to do. Keep the list up to date and get on responding to redemption requests, that would improve things. The rewards are just a bonus to the site, but the format is what they made it, not the members. It’s a shame to have a group of your biggest fans and then treat them with indifference.

Same here Jim , I try to post with pictures in certain threads , but I have found that the last few times I posted with pictures , nobody really commented on them 🤷‍♂️ oh well , either they don’t get seen or I have no friends 😳🙄🤫
    But seriously , I think most of the people here mainly have a thing for Bosch tools , definitely helps with free tools , but for me it’s been the solid reputation and from buying my first Bosch tools decades ago that turned me into a Bosch so called fan boy , regardless , I still do buy a fair amount of Bosch tools or accessories out of my pocket ,
    But it definitely would be nice for a little update on the rewards list and so on

The thing that got me involved in this site was watching YouTube videos of Bosch Joe be the pro , this is a long time ago , then I joined , but never really starting to post till a few years after joining , like yourself Jim , I’ve met some great people here , and picked up really helpful information.

I think it’s that in the last decade , social media sites have taken off , like IG and other ones , plenty of other areas for construction or tool companies or even other things to get plenty of benefits aside from here 🤷‍♂️

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

The members can’t really do more than promote it themselves…. I think the folks at @boschtoolsna need to make a decision about whether they want to promote this back to its heyday again.
    I understand that North America isn’t really their key market, but they can’t deny that when this site was really humming along it put them further up in the ranks.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I am clueless as to how they let this continue. I felt when Jim left, that the end was near. In some ways, I wish it would end quickly rather than the slow death it is suffering. Redemptions are a joke. 4 months or longer are the rule and not the exception. Points are great, but if you can’t redeem them, what’s the point?

I am clueless as to how they let this continue. I felt when Jim left, that the end was near. In some ways, I wish it would end quickly rather than the slow death it is suffering. Redemptions are a joke. 4 months or longer are the rule and not the exception. Points are great, but if you can’t redeem them, what’s the point?

I have made redemption requests which have been totally ignored. Does not make you feel wanted even though the points are offered. I have been a member for years and wish there was more substantive posting. I wish Bosch would pay more attention. It will bring more members. Just look at the initial screen.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I think the site went down hill when Jim left. He was on the ball and this was his baby. I would think if they offered some new tools to us to try we would have more to discus ? I think that is what this site was hoping to do . So many left the site also . I don’t really know where they went. I personally feel like you are all my friends. I don’t say much although I keep up on what your all doing.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I think the site went down hill when Jim left. He was on the ball and this was his baby.

I seems like who has taken over from Jim doesn’t really care about the site as it isn’t there baby.

I personally feel like you are all my friends.

I too feel the same way.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I have made redemption requests which have been totally ignored. Does not make you feel wanted even though the points are offered. I have been a member for years and wish there was more substantive posting. I wish Bosch would pay more attention. It will bring more members. Just look at the initial screen.

As an update, points were deducted today so I hope something is working here. Keep posting folks. It is up to us to keep the site moving forward.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Has anyone ever heard from Jim? I often wonder how he is doing.

Clev08
    Pro

I debated posting on this thread but my thoughts have not been mentioned yet.
    Before I joined BTP I spent most of my time on another site because I found the content very interesting. While I was watching a livestream from a guy at world of concrete he ran into “Jim from BeThePro” and he mentioned that you could get points for posting and get free tools. An hour later I became a member and started working towards the 12” miter saw. A tool that at the time I didn’t have the money to buy.

I imagine however each of you were exposed to BTP a big motivation to join was for the points and free tools. As social media and other apps have progressed a website like BTP seems clunky and not as user friendly and it’s not really meant to share videos. So in terms of usability BTP is well behind other options, leaving their main draw being the ability to get free tools. As it has been well documented, redemptions haven’t been going well lately which I think is the main reason members have left. Another flaw that is built into the system is some people would post meaningless posts for the sole purpose of getting points

I can think of a couple members that used to be very active on this site that now have 40k 10k and two have 4K followers on Instagram and probably get more tools now than they did from BTP. Unless Bosch changes something, I unfortunately don’t see things turning around no matter how ‘meaningful’ the posts or threads on here are.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I debated posting on this thread but my thoughts have not been mentioned yet.

Before I joined BTP I spent most of my time on another site because I found the content very interesting. While I was watching a livestream from a guy at world of concrete he ran into “Jim from BeThePro” and he mentioned that you could get points for posting and get free tools. An hour later I became a member and started working towards the 12” miter saw. A tool that at the time I didn’t have the money to buy.

I imagine however each of you were exposed to BTP a big motivation to join was for the points and free tools. As social media and other apps have progressed a website like BTP seems clunky and not as user friendly and it’s not really meant to share videos. So in terms of usability BTP is well behind other options, leaving their main draw being the ability to get free tools. As it has been well documented, redemptions haven’t been going well lately which I think is the main reason members have left. Another flaw that is built into the system is some people would post meaningless posts for the sole purpose of getting points

I can think of a couple members that used to be very active on this site that now have 40k 10k and two have 4K followers on Instagram and probably get more tools now than they did from BTP. Unless Bosch changes something, I unfortunately don’t see things turning around no matter how ‘meaningful’ the posts or threads on here are.

Glad you posted your thoughts.
    I know after joined I posted in few threads. I found this forum very difficult to use and I made few mistakes in doing this. I stopped posting for several months until a member sent me pm to see how I was. I did stop by and read the post everyday..
    About a year ago I was sent pm chasing away from the forum. I can’t believe what was send to me. I have enjoyed my time here and I feel I have learnt something while being a member and have got some great tools. Alot guys have been very helpful with my questions. Also enjoy seeing what other member have been working at.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The site doesn’t have enough members for self-growth, so if Bosch doesn’t want it to die they have to promote it.

A link on various product pages would certainly help, granted it’ll probably add a lot of “my tool doesn’t do what I want it to wtf” first posts, but maybe it’ll eventually reach critical mass to self-sustain.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

back when I joined I found it because Bosch was promoting it in their ads. I have not seen anything promoting it in a long time. Part of the problem is that there are more sites for communication like this out there now, offering more competition.

Another problem is we have not kept up with good content. That is probably the biggest issue. we have a lot of back and forth but not a lot of substantive content.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.664 seconds