dcsimg

What you getting your wife for Valentine's Day .

This topic contains 142 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  ChadM 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Giving her the same gift as I am giving hallmark, nothing. She is an awesome lady, but doing something for her because it is on a calendar doesn’t get it

Yup so true Ed,
    But I will do something that will be from my daughter and me 🙂

Doobie
    Pro

I don’t get at least roses, I’ll hear about it. Mines needy that way.

I go with flowers and a card too.

Yes, of course. She’s big on cards. I despise that whole card stuff. It’s such nonsense for most things. This is one of them in my books.

Giving her the same gift as I am giving hallmark, nothing. She is an awesome lady, but doing something for her because it is on a calendar doesn’t get it

I agree. These artificial events are driven by the gift and cards industry. But the ladies still expect it. It’s dog house time for me otherwise.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

My wife and I never really do anything for each other on Valentines day but this year we are buying each other tickets to the Dead and Company concert in our area this summer. I am really excited. The original members of the Grateful Dead with Jon Mayer filling in for Jerry Garcia.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

If I was in a relationship id probably make her something rather than buying it . I think it would mean more .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I actually found a place that is finally selling these coffee grinders the porlex hand grinder and i will pick that up for her as she is a coffee fiend, I don’t know if anyone else is into coffee and specialty roasted and ground beans. So I am going to pick her up one of these and they aren’t too expensive around 80 dollars canadian. So while i did tell her i didn’t buy her anything I guess i lied lol.

My wife and I are. Was the first thing we discovered that we had in common. Tried roasting beans twice – once in a cast iron skillet (outside, because WOW it smokes) and once in a popcorn popper

Sounds like a great gift

I haven’t gotten in to the whole roasting yet, its been something i’ve been looking into. I personally don’t drink coffee but i don’t mind doing the research to ensure my wife gets the perfect cup.

http://www.home-barista.com/home-roasting/exploring-huky-500-coffee-roaster-part-i-t20245.html

i was looking into this roaster, perhaps it is something you would like to get for your wife.

I actually found a place that is finally selling these coffee grinders the porlex hand grinder and i will pick that up for her as she is a coffee fiend, I don’t know if anyone else is into coffee and specialty roasted and ground beans. So I am going to pick her up one of these and they aren’t too expensive around 80 dollars canadian. So while i did tell her i didn’t buy her anything I guess i lied lol.

My wife and I are. Was the first thing we discovered that we had in common. Tried roasting beans twice – once in a cast iron skillet (outside, because WOW it smokes) and once in a popcorn popper

Sounds like a great gift

I haven’t gotten in to the whole roasting yet, its been something i’ve been looking into. I personally don’t drink coffee but i don’t mind doing the research to ensure my wife gets the perfect cup.

http://www.home-barista.com/home-roasting/exploring-huky-500-coffee-roaster-part-i-t20245.html

i was looking into this roaster, perhaps it is something you would like to get for your wife.

Im ashamed to say… since our son was born, we have given in to convenience, and drink Nespresso. Good enough coffee, with zero effort

We still have our real gear, including a Rancillio Rocky grinder, a Silvia with PID, and an ancient italian moka pot gifted by a neighbour when I got my first place. Was at least a generation old when I got it. Never washed (which is as it should be)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I haven’t gotten in to the whole roasting yet, its been something i’ve been looking into.

I’m told by everyone that has trees over here it’s not worth it. Picking the beans and roasting is very laborious.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I haven’t gotten in to the whole roasting yet, its been something i’ve been looking into.

I’m told by everyone that has trees over here it’s not worth it. Picking the beans and roasting is very laborious.

Never tried picking the beans (we dont have them in Montreal) but buying green is much cheaper, and it keeps for a very long time. Freshness is from roasting, not from when it was picked (for the most part)

Some things are fun to try, and give good bragging rights, but just arent worth doing again 🙂

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Never tried picking the beans (we dont have them in Montreal) but buying green is much cheaper, and it keeps for a very long time. Freshness is from roasting, not from when it was picked (for the most part)

Some things are fun to try, and give good bragging rights, but just arent worth doing again :)

its true some aren’t but when people are addicted to coffee lol they will do anything to get the perfect cup. I don’t mind the labor if it is for my wife.

Yup so true Ed,

Of course! Thats different. Your a good man Brian
    But I will do something that will be from my daughter and me :)

I am going to send her flowers. It is a big thing to her.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I’m going camping in the mountains and leaving her with a 3 year old and a 7 month old haha!
    It’s like the only time I leave her all year basically (no travel for work), so we’ll go out for dinner Friday night (early Val Day) and I’ve ordered flowers for 2/14. I also got her a nice card, and I’ll have my son make one for her as well.

I set us up with some reservations at her favorite fancy restaurant. I think I should probably spring for some flowers or something as well.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m not not doing anything special this year for Valentines Day but you never know what happens.

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’m going camping in the mountains and leaving her with a 3 year old and a 7 month old haha!
    It’s like the only time I leave her all year basically (no travel for work), so we’ll go out for dinner Friday night (early Val Day) and I’ve ordered flowers for 2/14. I also got her a nice card, and I’ll have my son make one for her as well.

Now that’s the way to do it. LOL

Get out for a few days alone. 🙂

EDIT::::

This picture is for all the car guys on here. 🙂

Attachments:

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

We will most likely just go get dinner . I like some of the others think cards are a waste. But if you don’t get one you will be in the dog house.

Doobie
    Pro

While this is really intended for the ladies to give to their man, it is sold out and was only available in Canada.

http://www.doritosketchuproses.com

They even have instructions on how to make your own.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Okay, so I got it all planned,
    I will get up very early in his morning
    Go downstairs make some fresh coffee, and her favorite breakfast
    Then I will draw her a nice warm bath,
    Serve her her breakfast, And massage her feet while she is having her breakfast,
    Then I will give her her presents, and tell her not to do anything today it’s her day

Yeah right!!!! I’m doing like @mrfid
    I’m heading to the mountains lol

No no, just bought her a book , and a card with flowers from me and our daughter, will get her a nice bottle of wine, and we will just have a nice family evening. I know for a fact that’s what my wife likes

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Not a thing. We don’t celebrate VD or sweetest day

Ha, Sweetest Day. They had that in Michigan when I lived there, but over here on the east coast no one knows about. My wife and I don’t observe either. It works for us.

As it turns out my wife will be in Fort Wayne Indiana taking our youngest son and another lady from the adult team to a sled hockey tournament. I will be driving into Pa both Sat and Sunday as middle son is nearing the end of his hockey season and the team is trying to keep first place. Guess our gifts will be texts to each other about kids games.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘What you getting your wife for Valentine's Day .’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.804 seconds