dcsimg

What vehicle do use?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Author

2004 387 peterbilt over 1 million on now still my money maker

Now that’s a work vehicle.
    What’s the farthest trip you have made with it.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Going to write my G1 next month in August. Super stoked to start driving! Now to decide on what used starter truck to get….

finally lol, so you can drive up to see me instead of me driving to you.

I’d say used truck go for a f150 or a silverado, tons of those parts around. The toyota tacoma is a great truck but as expensive as a new truck. if you go for one that is brand new no 4×4 you can get one off the lot for around 21 k

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Going to write my G1 next month in August. Super stoked to start driving! Now to decide on what used starter truck to get….

I’d say used truck go for a f150 or a silverado, tons of those parts around. The toyota tacoma is a great truck but as expensive as a new truck. if you go for one that is brand new no 4×4 you can get one off the lot for around 21 k

I’m with you on ford amd chev/gmc. I live my ram bit with the deals you can get I never should have bought it used. Sometimes new is cheaper depending on what your looking at.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’m with you on ford amd chev/gmc. I live my ram bit with the deals you can get I never should have bought it used. Sometimes new is cheaper depending on what your looking at.

well those were my quotes when i was researching and shopping around for a truck. I nearly bought a ford f150 as they had the best deal at 21k on the road no 4×4. however with where chris lives, it might be better getting a smaller truck like a colorado or tacoma because parking downtown toronto might be hazardous to the well being of the truck.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

about $300 a day for fuel depending on how heavy a load I have

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

And I bitch about spending $30 a week in fuel. lmao

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

And I bitch about spending $30 a week in fuel. lmao

Haha yeah I was just thinking that same thing. That’s some fill up
    But no wonder he has so much millage, Bet he puts on just a tad bit more than me lol,

monman1
    Pro

Not he cant, he needs to have his G1 license for 8-12 mounths before he can drive on own. With a G1 license you have to a passenger with a full G license for 4 years to drive.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4 x 4 short box. This the first I own a Dodge and 4 x 4. Super happy with it. It has been a great truck. I drive like a car most of the time to work. But I have few good loads of lumber in the back. It carried it well. When we bought the truck it was cheaper to buy new they used and had more warranty with buying new. If I was going buy another truck I would try another Ram

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Still running with my ford super duty it’s a crew cab bought it back in 2015 . Hoping to buy another van soon if not it will be a wife car lol .

Always willing to learn .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Not he cant, he needs to have his G1 license for 8-12 mounths before he can drive on own. With a G1 license you have to a passenger with a full G license for 4 years to drive.

oh dang i forgot, lol so i still gotta sit in the passenger side.

@GTokley
    i thought about the short box but i prefer to have my 8×4 sheets in the back of the truck without overhang.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

oh dang i forgot, lol so i still gotta sit in the passenger side.
    @gtokley i thought about the short box but i prefer to have my 8×4 sheets in the back of the truck without overhang.

Yeah I know what you mean about having a long box. There has been a few times I wish I had a long box. Also I hard top tonneau cover which makes tough on what you carry in the box.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

woodman_412

My new work van has been working out very well for me. I’m finding that it’s the perfect blend of fuel economy and space. I can haul all of my gear in it easily and safely and also haul any materials that I need to pick up. It’s quiet, comfortable and was a lot cheaper than full sized cargo vans. Compared to a full size van it saves me $100 a month in gas too. I’ve had a Tacoma and a Tundra in the past and while I would much rather have a Toyota than a Chev I find the van is much more practical than either of the trucks for hauling my gear. With 3 doors and a low floor it’s very easy to load and unload. For anyone that hasn’t seen the video that I did about it and is interested I’ll put it below.

Dan

danpattison.com

E250 15 passenger van. It’s got tons of room. I do a lot of different things where I work. I have just about anything I may need for any given day. If I’m doing a large project more stuff goes in the van. When organized, I can have a pretty flat level across the entire back of the van for sheet goods. Although, I try to use my 12′ trailer with an a frame for sheet goods lately.

I'm the only person I ever hit in the head with a hammer.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Just bought a 2017 dodge pro master to add to our lineup. Still have to get shelves to install in it but looking forward to getting it on the road

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My new work van has been working out very well for me. I’m finding that it’s the perfect blend of fuel economy and space. I can haul all of my gear in it easily and safely and also haul any materials that I need to pick up. It’s quiet, comfortable and was a lot cheaper than full sized cargo vans. Compared to a full size van it saves me $100 a month in gas too. I’ve had a Tacoma and a Tundra in the past and while I would much rather have a Toyota than a Chev I find the van is much more practical than either of the trucks for hauling my gear. With 3 doors and a low floor it’s very easy to load and unload. For anyone that hasn’t seen the video that I did about it and is interested I’ll put it below.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/ip0Or_cPUMU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” height=”433″ frameborder=”0″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>

I see you in the Brawny work pants,, I just had 4½” cut off the bottom of mine and much better for air movement.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Just bought a 2017 dodge pro master to add to our lineup. Still have to get shelves to install in it but looking forward to getting it on the road

Long time no see @TonyG. Things must be going well with the new van purchase?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Long time no see @tonyg. Things must be going well with the new van purchase?

They have been. Hired a new licensed electrician, and a couple new apprentices. Still trying to find more guys though its hard to find good help.

Congratulations Tony, those are definitely nice working trucks.

For me, I’m finally talk my Sorento back lol we sold my wife’s Mazda 5 and she is looking for something else, might get the all wheel drive CX3
    Then next year, I will probably trade my Sorento for a pick up, looking at the GMC Canyon

JerrySats
    Pro
    Garnet Valley, PENNSYLVANIA

Good topic , i’m driving a 2007 Chevy express 3500 now but looking for a new van . Anyone have the Mercedes Metris or looked at one ?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.450 seconds